Diy : Superlon Installation

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
yep.. it has to be dry 1st b4 sticking.. for maximum sticking strength...

but of course not too dry lar... B)

IronJ

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
just to ask, u apply the glue on both area?... mean ur car body and also the Superlon?... or only apply to the car body only or only the Superlon only?...

assuming apply for both side, car body and Superlon, assuming apply on the car body 1st... assuming again after apply on car body than apply on Superlon, the time need to fully apply on Superlon take u 5 minutes... than wait for the Superlon for 10 minutes... than the car body will totally dry for 15 minutes liao... will it still stick?... or maybe after apply the car body, than apply on Superlon and for the Superlon, just wait for 5 minutes and the car body already 10 minutes, than stick on it... will it give the best effect?...

or another way, ask a fren, apply the glue together... mean 1 apply on the car body while 1 apply for the Superlon?...

any suggestion?...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
u apply on BOTH surface... yes.. on ur superlon and de other side.. ur car body, door panel, anything dat u wanto stick supelon... just make sure de surface is dry and clean

don worry too much bout dat... when it is dry.. it is not totally 100% dry... take ur time...

TIPS : add some thinner into de CA glue.. to make it thinner.. so dat easier to apply and wun dry up so fast...

normally i apply glue on de surface dat will dry up slower 1st...

if ur superlon is without skin wan.. then u apply glue on it 1st... if got skin on both sides wan... then u apply on de surface dat u think will take more time to dry up 1st lor.. B)

IronJ

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
hmn... what sponge is it?!... can be reuse for so many time?...

add tina into the glue?!... will it decrease the stickness of the glue?...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
Originally posted by ksgoh@Oct 27 2004, 14:50
normal sponge laa....the one have many colour.....
add tina into glue?? i think ur glue will "hard" straight away.....anyone to help?
use paint brush... 1" wide can liao... can also reuse... when u finish using... dip and wash with thinner.. and rinse with water...

hoi!! do u know wat is THINNER??!! from de word itself.. thinner is to make something thinner.. not thicker or "hard"... <_<

thinner is used to make de glue thinner.. so dat easier to apply.. more watery mah...

i'm always using thinner with glue.. save a lot of mess.... and can save some glue also... :lol:

B)

IronJ

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
khguan, u stick ur firewall with the bitumen only, rite?... think of stick superlon also?!... i think i'll try to stick the firewall with bitumen either this week or next week, so need more info, hehe... if not mistake, u recommend buy the 2' instead of 4' is because easy to stick, rite?...

how much u get for the bitumen for 2' or 4'?...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
IronJ,

yep.. i only sticked bitumen strips on de firewall.. and yes i recommended 2".. cos u need to cut de strips and then go tru all de wires, n engine stuff in order to stick it....

superlon? well.. if i wanto do dat.. i'll stick it from de inside... but de big problem is i duno how to dismantel de entire dashboard.. many things down there... just leave it ler... :lol:

bout de bitumen strip price i forgot how much i got it... but i have asked in hardware shop... its about rm15 a roll for 2"

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Helo..to all sifu/mrbear..,

Where can i find spray can that heat resistance...and what kind of specification im loking for exactly. I mean the code name.

How does they specified it at the spray can..is it like wat mrbear said
15vermillion+33red.

Hardware shop can get ar??:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience