Diy : Superlon Installation

ninja_iga,

how much would it cost to have my car fully insulated with superlon? civic ej7 sedan (or if it sounds better, ek4 sedan?) :D

fully, i meant by the front bonnet, 4 doors, the floor, roof and complete boot..

which actually meant.. for the interior, i'll be removing the whole carpet, dashboard etc to get the most out of it :)

Jackie Leong

hi!
you'll need about 18-21 ft (RM120-140) of the 10mm

doors you'll need 9ft of 6mm :) RM45

all of these should cover almost everything :)

Vincew,

if u use double sided tape for de door panel.. make sure u de better quality ones... if not it will peel off due to de heat of our hot weather..

keep up de good work! :)

I use Subaru double sided tape which cost me RM 25 for a roll of 10 meters.

I have choice to use window sealing glue to replace the double tape as well.

the reason i do not really like to use CA glue is because of the smell. I used some on the roof and it smelled for 5 days. ;)

well.. if u let ur car under de hot sun for bout 2-3 days.. then the smell will go away.. but if de weather rains everyday... die lor... haha

Hi all,

I just finished my superlone project.....so here's a summary eh..

Started early in the morning at 9 sumthing...begin with the boot....cleaned up everything...removed everything...wiped the place.....dumped a lot of dunlop glue...cut the superlone and stuck the bugger...before this I used the bitumen strip to seal of the drain hole...as per in pic...after completing the bottom part, i place the spare tyre back and cut a exact copy of the exsiting carpet with the superlone and then removed the carpet and placed the superlone..for double proofing as well as a cleaner look...

next continued to the rear door panels...removed the panels..placed the bitumen strips ( not inside but on the outer panel...then cut the superlone (10 mm) accordingly..make sure to leave holes for the door locking mechanism to move freely...i had to remove the panel almost 4 times to get this right...i didnt use anything to stick the superlone..just used its own elascity to hold itl\self in plae to the panel then fixed the panel back...since its a 10mm piece, the panel itself will hold the superlone in place...pressure.....after completing both rear panels...stopped to have a beer or two...then continue back to remove rear seats and place superlone between the seats and boot...(didnt snap pics for this)...too tired too type more..hope the pics says it all...cheers

Bitumin Strip....10m x 2 inch..rm20

3.Place the superlone and cut out the shape required. Make sure to cut holes for the spare tyre screw as well as the jack holder.

9. Smear dunlop glue on the spare tyre cover and stick the earlier cut superlone piece (the carpet shaped)...

10.The spare tyre is underneat this piece. Gives th boot a much more cleaner look and is easy to maintain.

11.Right Door ....remove panel...clean the panel...then stick the bitumen all over ..most of the forummers stick the bitumen on the inside panel...i was to lazy to clean the inside...so stick outside...all those shining thing is the bitumen...

13. The door panel itself..make sure u cut holes for the door opener as well as the lock control mechanism...if not ur door lock might not work well..those are 10mm thick superlones...no glues no double sided stickers...just plain elascity ...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom