Who set the standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A329878

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
year 2006 technology, but JPJ Rules and standard properly left behind 1960 ??:emoticon_U: :emoticon_U: :emoticon_U: :emoticon_U:
Why malaysia can't have a proper car inspection standard like JAPAN ?
All product with JASMA standard are legal to fit on street car .

dean75

Known Member
Nov 10, 2004
Port Dickson
A329878 said:
year 2006 technology, but JPJ Rules and standard properly left behind 1960 ??:emoticon_U: :emoticon_U: :emoticon_U: :emoticon_U:

HHmmm.....Pandang ke timur, ....we were told...I also use Jasma standard exhaust but scared might get ticket one day....maybe later must have PUSPAKOM printed on the product then consider ok?....wait and see lah who gonna get the benefit.....:mouth_closed:

hobcai

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
later kena the "saya anti-rasuah will get in trouble lol;

dont worry !!

that good policeman will try to help u also by settle on da spot !! :_:

huakenny said:
if police said ekzos too big o too noisy....told them u juz bought the car...ex-owner mod it so u dunno legal o illegal.....

tel them u wil change to stock ekzos tomolo la...but of coz the police said Cannot....then u ask them how...can settle o not....then u pay him n settled la....

get saman from them troublesome la..hv to go counter pay some more..

my 2 cent

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
If it not factory-spec, it is illegal.

Same goes for those who used LMST exhaust in older Wira or Iswara.

If u want to mod with issues, get a JDM car that is fully modded or simply save up for a better car.

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
A329878 said:
AHAHHAHA just how many people use a Official Jasma Approved products?as far as i know..most malaysian using JASMA BRAND Exhaust AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA....and car inspection?now oso whenever modder hear that word sudah goyang lutut weih....

p9494

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
Selangor
acbc said:
If it not factory-spec, it is illegal.
hmm....if thats the case...how come they arent closing down all the shops selling aftermarket mufflers...i dont think its illegal...most countries got standards for sound n emmisions but in malaysia its more of how good the cops ear is basis haha...

guest18

Known Member
Jul 4, 2004
ask them go saman saga lmst
I think they ahve biggest exhaust of all production car in the world

maybe should have sage exhaust instead , cause they are produce by proton
saman what ? go saman proton then ...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
p9494 said:
hmm....if thats the case...how come they arent closing down all the shops selling aftermarket mufflers...i dont think its illegal...most countries got standards for sound n emmisions but in malaysia its more of how good the cops ear is basis haha...
I guess u misunderstood... they can't touch performance shops because 'they' just sell them (performance parts) like any other legit business. This will be under a different ministry (Trade & Enforcement).

It is the owner's responsibility to check with JPJ before modding.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
guest18 said:
ask them go saman saga lmst
I think they ahve biggest exhaust of all production car in the world

maybe should have sage exhaust instead , cause they are produce by proton
saman what ? go saman proton then ...
They can't because it is a factory-fitted item. Get it? If ur car doesn't come with loud exhaust and u install one later, it is illegal la! Doesn't matter if a later variant of the same car comes with one.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Aiya...not only mod exhaust is problematic. Car window tint oso a problem what. The seller of the tint never get caught. Only the driver who paste the suspected window tint always get pulled off the road.....

other than window tint, fiber, spoiler, body kits etc oso can be considered as modify. JPJ can say that the modification would make the car unrecognisable from the model registered in the car's registration card..So how?

Black color bonet (CF wanabe) oso considered illegal by JPJ. They once said that a car can only registered under 1 colour, or 2 tone as per standard factory colour. So, if bonnet hitam colour, how do JPJ write the color type in the registration card??

Sikit putih, skit hitam?....:_:

p9494

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
Selangor
acbc said:
I guess u misunderstood... they can't touch performance shops because 'they' just sell them (performance parts) like any other legit business. This will be under a different ministry (Trade & Enforcement).

It is the owner's responsibility to check with JPJ before modding.
o ok....no wat i dont get is....ok like lets say xenons were not a legit mod....and there are shops selling xenon lights...by right the shop isnt selling anything illegal rite.....but those lights are goin to be installed on cars which is illegal rite....u get my drift?

what i dont get is if the mod is illegal...why make it accesible and go thru all the trouble samaning ppl...not that i hate aftermarket exhausts or anything...i just dont understand how they work.

Last edited:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
p9494 said:
o ok....no wat i dont get is....ok like lets say xenons were not a legit mod....and there are shops selling xenon lights...by right the shop isnt selling anything illegal rite.....but those lights are goin to be installed on cars which is illegal rite....u get my drift?

what i dont get is if the mod is illegal...why make it accesible and go thru all the trouble samaning ppl...not that i hate aftermarket exhausts or anything...i just dont understand how they work.
Shops can sell anything and by right it is their responsibility to inform the owner b4 selling them... but then again, who would?

As for HIDs, it is not illegal yet (as in JPJ can't saman) because JPJ still trying to sort out the matter. In the book, it states that light of different colour (means blue, white, yellow halogen bulbs) are illegal. And the rules are severely outdated... like many would say... because they were implemented back in the 60s!

However, JPJ will have some arguement... local cars don't come with HIDs as standard or optional items, that's why they can saman. Only those imported JDM or contis have them as standard.

Take example, if I drive a Kia Carnival 2002 model with HIDs, JPJ can't touch me. Why? Simple, Carnivals are fitted with HIDs as standard in Korea. Only when they were imported into MY, Naza removed them and put ordinary bulbs to reduce the cost. And HIDs are a common sight in Korea... almost 70% of new cars come with it. And those who bitch here and there are plain narrow-minded and also stupid as the same time.

Anyway, back to topic...

IMO, JPJ should come up with proper guidelines like the SG: http://www.aas.com.sg/features/archive/otr02011.htm

Unfortunately, the JPJ like other government agencies are just plain lazy!:angry:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap... i noticed england also has HID as standard headlights... looks damn cool, especially when u see old old cars with HID... haha...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Here is another situation......

JPJ saman illegal mod on cars -the govt gets money from compound. On the other hand, the trade ministry allows the selling of such mod product (illegal only if installed to the car) can get renenew from tax, importation, and etc.

Both Govt parties are happy as they get their pocket full of money when doing these things. I'f I were the govt, I just don't care oso.......as long as money keeps pouring in.

Then this is just me. hehe

Best thing to do? Don't mod lor....

Stylus

May 17, 2005
Ja Be
If we compare m'sia and other country.. malaysia is so outdated... the cabinet has already re-shuffle but i doubt nothing will change.. if there is changes, it should have been done years and years ago.. now modification is normal la.. unless modification those loud exhaust and other obvious things la but modification for our car to go smoother and confortable also got problem.. gov?? laughing stock man...

but as acbc wrote.. if not factory fitted then is illegal.. but what bout those stock exhaust broken, and cant find anymore standard stock for the car? what we suppose to do.. just leave it? thats why they should set at least some standard for us to understand.. but where the hell is the standard.. the only standard we have today is.. "i cakap you salah then you salah"... widely use by us ONLY... ISO9001 for them... thumbs up.. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Most modern engines are now electronically fuel injected and have plastic engine covers, this makes engine cleaning much easier compared to older engines with carburetors. I will show you how you can easily clean and shine a modern car's engine bay using only 2 Over-the-Counter (OTC) products.

This is a quick guide showing you how to quickly get your engine bay looking like new again. This guide is more suited towards modern cars' engine bays.

So here have have an engine bay that has never...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience