newbie who has done research needs help

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Yes, you are right, if spend 5-10k for all so-called high end comp set, HU, amps and subs is for SQ or SPL. Mine sure can be considered as ayam brand ICE. Anyway this so-called SQ and SPL I cannot take it, as I have audit few cars already. The SQ is actually tweeter work the most, pitch very high even there are comp speakers. I will say is better than my system, but my system I can listen it without any problem for 1-2 hours when travelling, but this the most I can stand 10minutes.
The SPL? Even better, is like disco. Can stand longer because the sub compenstate the high pitch abit, but hearing become very poor after 20minutes when leaves the car.
The bottom line, this so-called SQ and SPL is they actually for machine to hear in competition, not for human to listen....

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yup... is true... the main thing is our heart... if we happy with it then OK loorrr... either we use cap ayam or branded ... as long as our heart said I'm very happy with it....

amirrizwan

Feb 3, 2006
ermm. okay. i guess im leaning more towards SQ without wanting to spend much on really high end equipment.
i cant be sure where the alpine is manufactured. is it really bad if its made in china? wutabout the alpines in msia? are they made somewhere else. and wut is RF amp?

amirrizwan

Feb 3, 2006
ermm. okay. i guess im leaning more towards SQ without wanting to spend much on really high end equipment.
i cant be sure where the alpine is manufactured. is it really bad if its made in china? wutabout the alpines in msia? are they made somewhere else. and wut is RF amp?

calvinhpk

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.mycarhifi.com
amirrizwan said:
http://www.mycarhifi.com/carhififorum/viewtopic.php?t=777

There is a TT in Taman Desa coming Friday. You can ask for advises and audit some cars if you want.....mostly SQ setup

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Products that made in China is normally will be dirt cheap if compare to other countries. Maybe all the cost will be 10-20% Just imagine an Alpine amp that made in US is rm1k and selling for rm2-3k. When made in China the cost is only rm100-200 but the amp is selling for rm2-3k. In this case we actually buying the brand, not the product. RF is Rockford Fosgate, one of the top US high end amp.

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
calvinhpk oledi open his car for U to audit... so join loorrr ...don't think twice... come come... my car can not audit laa... yesterday i'm still lucky coz my car stuck in flood almost 3 hours.. luckly water did not enter yet... to save my ice... I disconnect the battery terminal & cut the cable which connet to stuff I put under seat like EQT , 48.13 & 48.22 .... now need to visit KF again fix it back... $$$$$ again.... behind my car there has 2 Gen2, 1 spectra & kelisa... the owner :cry_smile: :cry_smile: :cry_smile: water enter his car until seat level....when open the door thinking about fish, how many... U know how many.. more then a dozen... but not a fish ... it is very damn big mouse... size just a little bit small then a cat....

amirrizwan

Feb 3, 2006
calvinphk - thanks for the invite. i just might check the TT session out

oldskoolboyz - hope ur equipment didnt get damaged. anyway, is kf a good place to install ice? might need their services if i get amp from some other place.

kyheng - about the made in china part, i dont mind if the cost of production is low as long as its quality is excellent. i can understand that alpine has spent a lot in R&D to produce hi-quality goods for us. i think most products have low production cost but charge us an arm and a leg. i was afraid that u were gonna say that alpines made in china are of poor quality. but im sure, the price in malaysia is almost double because of import taxes and low competition among the sellers. USA have ebay and online shops so thats why theyre darn cheap compared to here.

but now uve mentioned RF and its made in USA, i have to research a bit on the product and see if it fits my budget. any suggestion? and is RF in general better than alpines? thanks...

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Actually, Malaysia get the amps in a cheap price, only the distributer and the accessories shop want to make more. You can check on websites, an amp selling in US is rm1k, but in malaysia is rm4k++, if say import tax is 50% the most is only 1.5k what? where is the other rm2.5k goes?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
alpine products are designed in japan & us, but are made in japan or china, depending on each model.

RF = rockford fosgate, good powerful amp, not known for sound quality but not bad lah, have been succesful in competitions before. same can be said about alpine, but not as powerful. also RF products are made in US or china depending on models. i think pretty much every brand has their lower end models made in china to keep cost low for better margin at same selling price.

if u wanna go KF look me up :shades_smile:

Last edited:

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yupp... just 1 of good place... in klang valley there has several shop U can visit...
1) KF Audio Sdn Bhd - Jln Ipoh or Aman Suria
2) SoundQuest - Cheras
3) ACP - around PJ area
4) KK Lau - around PJ area
5) CV Audio - Around PJ area
6) Knapps Audio - Old Klang road

k2000

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
JB
if you are buying alpine, i can tell you now all alpine made in china, the quality is still great, would not lose to old school made in US type, and the price you convert about RM1k, you still have to pay custom tax for the amp, which is likely very high, also consider no warranty in msia.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Can try to make the new amp like old one by dirty it, then declare as used item, the tax will be cheaper.
Still the best is to survey the price here first, if say the amp you buy from US is rm1k + 100% tax is become rm2k, if the same amp that are selling here is 2.5k and above is still worth it. There's no point to buy an amp that after tax the price is the same as here.

amirrizwan

Feb 3, 2006
i dont usually declare the items bought in the US, coz i was a student there. my friend coming back here is also a student, so he doesnt have to declare. so there shouldnt be any problem about having to pay for tax. anyway for the mrv-f345, difficult to find here as its a 2005 model. correct me if im wrong but i think amps arrive quite late here in.

anyway for RF, they claim on their wesbite that their stuff are made in USA. the alpine probably is made in china, but as long as it's quality doesnt suffer, i dont mind.

1 question, is 300W rms enuff for a sub? i see some subs have 800w rms. is 300w sufficient for my setup? coz when i bridge the mrv-f345, itll give 300W rms @ 14.4v @ 4 ohms. keep in mind that i want sq but when listening to hip hop, of course i would like some boom boom going on.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
So your amp is 2005, nevermind, in Malysia year 2004 model still selling for high price in some shops. Since your friend is a student, then better go ahead and buy from there. If like this better I bring back the whole complete set of ICE from US(not include HU).
300w rms is good enough already, to make it simple use 2 for speakers and 2(bridge) for sub.

Last edited:

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
amirrizwan said:
i dont usually declare the items bought in the US, coz i was a student there. my friend coming back here is also a student, so he doesnt have to declare. so there shouldnt be any problem about having to pay for tax. anyway for the mrv-f345, difficult to find here as its a 2005 model. correct me if im wrong but i think amps arrive quite late here in.

anyway for RF, they claim on their wesbite that their stuff are made in USA. the alpine probably is made in china, but as long as it's quality doesnt suffer, i dont mind.

1 question, is 300W rms enuff for a sub? i see some subs have 800w rms. is 300w sufficient for my setup? coz when i bridge the mrv-f345, itll give 300W rms @ 14.4v @ 4 ohms. keep in mind that i want sq but when listening to hip hop, of course i would like some boom boom going on.
It true... cheap price but dont forget high maintenance.... I oledi kena bro... my MRV1507 (Ausie) .... 1 output transistor burn cost me almost RM1K.....

amirrizwan

Feb 3, 2006
ouch. but i guess its the same for any brand and model also. as long as not cap ayam. then we can just throw the damn thing away.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Well, if go give back to Alpine to service, this is the price we have to pay. If service on outside, maybe is cheaper. Transistor is transistor, if go to right palce you can get it cheap, go to wrong place.....

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Sory bro, U just misjudge ... is not cause of brand... Alpine WKH... if U buy from others country... U need to register it as local... cost around <RM350 (1 time charge), labour & spare part charge double (whole life)... EVERYTHING COST WKH WILL CHARGE DOUBLE FOR WHOLE LIFE....

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Well, that's why I said, go to right place ischeap, go to wrong place is expensive. Anyway if the parts is good, it should not give you any problem, what for need to pay more for part that only cost abit? If really spoilt also I will try to repair it outside.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wishing all our customers of the Hindu faith a Happy Deepavali.

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience