Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
can someone help me with my ICE setup..

HU- pioneer
mids- kicker ex 2way
amp- jensen 2channel & agako eg4004
subs- pair kicker ex 10'
elec. crossover- kicker k3

well im thinking to change my 10' to 12', kicker brand got a budget around 700-1000 excluded trade-in my 10'... also wanna change my agako amp to kicker amp, a dealer wanna give me a kicker amp if i add about 800 and trade my agako.. fogot the series maaa... so what the SIFU here thinks... give some suggestion please... interested in joining ur TT at pandan indah, but a bit shy laa..

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
jeff v2...

guess u r more into spl n like 2 boom boom...
if i were u...since u like kicker so much...
get a pair of Kicker CompVR 12"

trading in ur agako amp n add 800 4 kicker...hump...wats the power/spec of the amp...

but wit tat price...i rather get the 1200wattRMS Prokick monoblock onli at rm 950 2 drive the sub...not me selling...

keep the agako o sell away loh...but since u spl...nonit good clean power amp kua...wat u need is juz power,power n more power...hehehee

juz my 2 cents

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
go ahead and change to 12" kicker witht he kicker amp. but make sure your kicker amp can pump the 12"

jeff_v2

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
how much actually comp VR at KL market price?????
can someone expalin to me dose really SHIVA a good subs as i know JL is the best subs and the price also the best maaa.....

anyone please recommend me a good audio shop at KL @ selangor @ jb...

thanks

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
it doesnt mean that Kicker Subs are made especially for SPL. I'm using 2 CVR and it can play low too. it all depends on installation. if you want to go SPL or SQ choose your box carefully. A CVR in a sealed box can play good SQ too.

go for the Kicker amp. Kicker amp is good in quality than Agako.

for Subs it depends on how moch boot space you are willing to use. for a 2 12" it may require 2.5 cu. ft to 6.0 cu. ft. the bigger the better it is for ported. if not then just go for a pair of 10". if you would like to consider other brands why not Adire Shiva. its a good subs but when pair it can be a monster, but then again you need a good monoblock to do that.

pisces

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by jeff_v2@Jan 23 2005, 02:26
i know JL is the best subs and the price also the best maaa.....
thanks
There are so many subs out there which are more superior than JL.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Originally posted by jeff_v2@Jan 23 2005, 02:26
how much actually comp VR at KL market price?????
can someone expalin to me dose really SHIVA a good subs as i know JL is the best subs and the price also the best maaa.....

anyone please recommend me a good audio shop at KL @ selangor @ jb...

thanks
no one ever claim that a speakers is the best. its just that one speaker are better than another speaker.

my opinion is Adire Brahma is better than JL but then again there are subs that is better than the Brahma. it all goes down to preferences. Nothing is fixed when it comes to quality.

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
jeff,

before we continue giving mroe advice.. what are you looking for in your setup? Do you want to Char Kei (SPL, Boom boom boom)? or to listen to music (SQ, tonally correct)?

For SPL, change your subs to 2 12" and get a good amp to whack them.. the Prokick seems to be pretty good for that.

For SQ, change ur frotn comps and frotn comp amp to something better first.

jeff_v2

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
thanks guys 4 ur advise.... i really appreciate it...
actually im into SPL coz i like to listen music in high volume... especially feng tau & r&b well rock still the best though
so 1 thing that i hav 2 do is change my 10' to 12' rite...
i have the choise btween kicker CVR & adire shiva...
almost the same price rite.... i need to done some research first...

then come the amp. as i know agako & prokick come form the same company rite??? well what the diffrent... do i really need a mono amp for my subs... do the sound really different...

nex can i look at u guys car & setup... well can someone held a TT for the ICE maniac around KL, do u guys will attend the TT at pandan indah on 5/2...

well thanks again.. keep on giving me the advise coz i really need it & appreciate it very2 much...

pisces

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by jeff_v2@Jan 24 2005, 05:04
thanks guys 4 ur advise.... i really appreciate it...
actually im into SPL coz i like to listen music in high volume... especially feng tau & r&b well rock still the best though
so 1 thing that i hav 2 do is change my 10' to 12' rite...
i have the choise btween kicker CVR & adire shiva...
almost the same price rite.... i need to done some research first...

then come the amp. as i know agako & prokick come form the same company rite??? well what the diffrent... do i really need a mono amp for my subs... do the sound really different...

nex can i look at u guys car & setup... well can someone held a TT for the ICE maniac around KL, do u guys will attend the TT at pandan indah on 5/2...

well thanks again.. keep on giving me the advise coz i really need it & appreciate it very2 much...
There'll be an ICE TT (SQ) at Taman Desa on 03/02/2005.
Many SPL kakis will ultimately change to SQ kakis after attending these TTs. :lol:

artnet

1,500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Sarawak
www.cardomain.com
ahaha.. of course change to SQ kaki...
SPL is for competition and show off... would go deaf
if use it in daily use car.

the highest SPL in world is 135db?? i mean the
ermm... proffesional competition, using gadgets
to measured one.

in my area's audio competition.. dunno how they
calculate got 140+ db. without any gadget.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Originally posted by artnet@Jan 24 2005, 10:57

the highest SPL in world is 135db?? i mean the
ermm... proffesional competition, using gadgets
to measured one.

in my area's audio competition.. dunno how they
calculate got 140+ db. without any gadget.
are you sure itsd only 135dB? i think you are reffering to the recent IASCA SPL competition.

135dB is nothing. in the US, PPL hit 140dB even with a pair of 12". Even scott from adire hits 171dB in his garrage.

I think the world record fro the highest SPL is close to 200dB. if i can remember it uses 6X 18" L7 which i think its ultimate SPL heads.

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
I think i remember that when Team Gates used to hold the record it was in the mid 170's.. this was a couple years back. If you go see the amount of work involved in their Bronco... you would think twice about building a dedicated SPL car alone.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
recently in kuching auto carnival....

a kelisa wit 4 Kicker CompVR holds the champion title wit 151.00dB...

n yes jeff_v2....after attending TT...go inside unker pieces car n audit his system...u sure kena poison kau kau n change ur mind 2 SQ....no joke...

me also kena poison from him n now more into SQ...but also Loud... :P

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
some subs can play low but not loud and some subs can play loud but not low. A good subs can play low and loud. Adire subs is one of them.

as for me i like low and loud. Not some thumping (ohh look at my car) thing but something that vibrate your car like an earthquake. that gives me adrenalin.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
as for me...i perfered heart thumping bass....
coz driving wira...n if play low deep bass...all the parts start 2 rattle...really like earthquake... :lol:
coz didnt do sound proof mah... :P

skzzi

Known Member
Jan 24, 2005
hi guys
i am new to this forum, im nothing but ice head
nway what is the event that going to be in taman desa?
i never actually attend any of this activites before man, it seem kind of exciting.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Originally posted by skzzi@Jan 24 2005, 20:08
hi guys
i am new to this forum, im nothing but ice head
nway what is the event that going to be in taman desa?
i never actually attend any of this activites before man, it seem kind of exciting.
its a gathering called TT (Teh Tarik) where icers will gather there and share opinion. if you think you are and ice head then go. you can listen to lots of different setups and if you are shopping for ice stuff then start by going there.

for me... :( cant go cause i'm in KK.

jeff_v2

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
thanks again 4 ur opinion guys....
well surely can't wait to attend the TT nex week.....
pisces setup sure gepaq looo, also can't wait to see...
but prob is were is tmn desa?? can someone help me with the dirrection please...

yesterday i go to my usual audio shop, jus asking bout kicker comp vr woofer.. the tokey said that if wanna change me need to change the amp too... from streo to mono... what??? that need more money maaa.... he also said that the 12' subs around 800 maaa.... with that price i can get a L5 at lelong maaa.... so he suggest me only to change to 12' ex jus add 250.... well what u guys think??? how bout shiva need mono amp to also????

where can i find shiva stuff at kl????

see yaa at the TT....
2moro will return to bangi, a long jurney from jb....
need to study coz final is near... wish me luck guys..... bye...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

I wonder is proton 4G92P and 4G93P thermostat is the same?

I'm wanted to change my thermostat but not sure which one?

My current engine heat level is just above 2bar where my friends all
is above 3 or 4bar or half?

please advise?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience