ICE setup advise needed...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sbd18

Known Member
hi all...

i'm planning to do my ice setup real soon...its for a myvi...already got my cd console replacement bracket so i can install a single or double din HU...my budget is RM5000...and i am more towards SQ...music i listen to are usually hip hop and r&b with occasional alternative/rock and classical...

pls advise on the following...

1. HU - leaning towards Pioneer or Alpine (used Alpine before in my Kelisa) but open to other recommendations
2. Components for Front (6.5')
3. 4 channel amp (for front and back speakers)
4. 6x9 speakers for rear - not sure if i need it, pls advise

i also have a 2 channel amp from previous car with a 10' alpine subwoofer in closed box (from kf audio)...do u advise to reuse it? or use the new 4 channel amp?

hope you guys can help me out...planning to do this within this month...if all goes well...rm5k should include cables and workmanship as well...

thanks in advance...:regular_smile:

the myvi has no front door speakers, just the 4" for the dashboard (topside). the rear door however has an opening for a 6.5" speaker. u can get a good 4" component set for the front and get a 6.5" speaker to play midbass in the rear doors, power this with your 4ch amp. just add on the old 2ch amp and sub in the boot, youre good to go.

5k is a good start....
get a better HU.... maybe ard 1.3k....for Alpine 98xx or Eclipse 5xxx or Pioneer 7xxx if possible
then....good comp set...ard 1.3k also.....
then a good 2ch amp for front...a 4ch to run active..... another 1.5k
use back old alpine sub and the 2ch amp...dun waste....
then use some $$$ to mod the front door panel to fit 6.5" component set...
forget about the 6x9
then spend on some moderate cable..... dun get ciplak one....

yup i plan to get the door panel modded to fit 6.5"...don't really have faith in 4" components...would be rather weak...

now another question...where to install? ive gone to kfaudio for my kelisa before and they are pretty good...but pricey...plus far...how about cv audio?...hope ppl with experience can advise...want a good place who is trustworthy and won't get conned...

go to the reputable ones........

never been to CV....no comment...... but heard they're not bad
KF...seen their work....yes....good.....
can try ACP in SS2 or KK Lau in SS3..... also reputable
or seen a few cars done by new shop like L2 in damansara perdana and Auto-Seco in Aman Suria...... good workmanship also

Hi, I think you should go back to KF Audio... coz right now KF have new shop at Aman Suria... you done it once before.... so you can ask for discount loorr for 2nd car... last time I also like that... 1st time waaa so expensive.. but after that I ask for discount & right know I fell the price more cheaper then others shop...

hei,
can go investigate in CV audio DU's branch.. ask 4 Peter's advice.. no obligations.. they've done myVi b4.. just take it as a learning process.. then, can also visit ACP, KKLau.. at the end, it depends on the products u want, not all installers carry the same product lines.. if price is of concern, bargain, negotiate etc etc :shades_smile:

I did my latest setup at CV Uptown.. going there again for next upgrade when budget permits.. overall, satisfied..

did my setup in CV uptown oso.. satisfied.

my advice is stay away from 6x9s for the rear and get comps or 6" 2-way coaxials. 6x9 will ruin the bass from ur woofer

ya for the rear im open to suggestions...it does make sense to get 2 way coaxials...

myvi isnt a very large car, if u have a good set of front comps should be enough for the rear passengers already. usually having rear speakers only spoils the front stage.

suggest a set of nice comp for front, a 2ch amp for front, another monoblock for rear sub

thanks for the advise so far...

anyone can give me a run down of the pricing? before i go to a few shops...just to get a rough idea please...

prices for...

HU
2 channel amp
6.5 comp set
and maybe 2way coax

cheers...

before i go ahead with my setup this month...got a quick question...

do u think its wise to get a 3 way component set...and to install the 4" woofer at myvi's front speaker location (which is at the corner of the dash board)? the the tweeters can be mounted on top while the mids will be on the door...pls advise if this is wise...

how much would a good 3 way component set cost? i'll most prob forgo the rear speakers and focus on a good HU and front set...i already have a sub for the rear...

thanks in advance...

if u have the budget and time and dont mind modification, its the best way to go.
3 way comp sets usually go around RM2.5k - 25k...:angel_smile:

ok got some quotes from a few shops...needs some advise here...both on product and cost...

i'm leaning towards the Alpine CDA9853 head unit and the Alpine SPX-177R component set...the decision i have to make is about the amplifier...the choices are Steg QM75.4 (4 channel), Xetec P2 (2 channel) or an Alpine amp...the plan is to use the steg to power my components as well as a 10' Alpine subwoofer i already own...or reuse a japanese amp i have for the woofer and get the xetec for my components...i know xetec will reduce my cost but i don't mind paying a bit more for the steg...i was advised not to get an Alpine amp as it won't power the components well...

do u guys think its a good setup? about cost it will hit me around rm5k for the hu, comp set, steg amp, wiring, door moulding and also installing my sub...is that a good offer?

hope to hear your opinions...thanks in advance...

PS. i dropped the 3 way component plan as it was too costly...:sad_smile:

the P2 i think more suitable for subs, but for component ok also lah, just that xetec planned it that way: P4 (4x200)for components and P2 (2x400) for sub. they also gave a very flexible onboard xover to play active.

depending on what speaker u choose, the steg would be good, but a little underpower for the sub. warm amps like this usually we use for speakers with sharp-ish tweeters, like focal.

if u still want to go 3 way, just look for a 4" component set from focal, get the steg amp, then get any 6.5" speaker u can afford to use as midbass in your rear door, and use back your old amp to power the sub.

any other amps that you would suggest...4ch tht is for powering comps and the sub...hopefully within rm1500 price range...or slightly more...

check at theplace that offers the P2 if they can get the P4 instead. i have a friend using it for fronts & sub (all RS Pro) and has been successful in competitions. if youre in KL we can arrange for u to audit his car anytime....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom