Advise on ICE new Setup, Need advise on new ICE setup

D3vilsim

Hi all sifu out there. I need to setup an ICE for my ride. Budget should be about Rm4k.

I have MB Quate 5"1/2 comp ( take out from my old car ) plan to place in the rear & one 180W sheerwood 2ch amp will use for that MB quate too.

So what i need now is 1 comp for front & 1 4ch amp for front comp & 12" sub & ofcos one 12" sub...correct me if i am wrong.

Currently aim for:

Comp
soundstream picasso pcc6
DLS reference series MS6
DLS ultimate series UR65

Amp
SoundStream Xstream Series XTA480.4
SoundStream LiL Wonder II LW4.480
SoundStream Michle angle 4.680
PHD 4075

Sub
Soundstream LX 12
Apline type R

HU
Alpine lor

I am more to SQ instead of SPL. Just a newbie on ICE & only entry level ...feel free to suggest... if can pls adise the price & shop too...thanks yah .. cheers

Last edited:
Bro, your setup is gonna cost more than RM4K la. DLS ref and Ultimate aren't cheap! But they're pretty good shit tho. I have nothing against Soundstream but why aren't you considering other brands? Like the Helix Dark Blue (2 or 4 channel). You can contact CalvinHPK or MNKH007 (sorry mike, can never remember ur nick) on the pricing. They are almost the same as the Soundstreams but personally I prefer Helix for their clean sound (I'm using Dark blue 2). Or better yet, get a 2nd hand Orion HCCA or Orion XTR and power your comp setup.. or get BOTH to power everything including sub. :D

I sincerely hope you mean "Alpine" and not "Alphine" or "Apline" cuz they are all different brands :D Have you tested these HUs? Test other HUs and decide what to get from there. Alpine HUs are very bright, too bright for my liking. My preference for HUs are Eclipse, Clarion, Denon (hehe) or Alpine in that specific order. Each have their own characteristics.

RM2000 should get you pretty good component speakers and an amp to power it. RM1.5K should get you a very good sub and amp. RM500 can get your wiring and mounting and boxes, etc. done very nicely too.

Sell your rear speakers. With a RM4K setup, you won't need rear speakers for rear fill :D

Izso said:
Bro, your setup is gonna cost more than RM4K la. DLS ref and Ultimate aren't cheap! But they're pretty good shit tho. I have nothing against Soundstream but why aren't you considering other brands? Like the Helix Dark Blue (2 or 4 channel). You can contact CalvinHPK or MNKH007 (sorry mike, can never remember ur nick) on the pricing. They are almost the same as the Soundstreams but personally I prefer Helix for their clean sound (I'm using Dark blue 2). Or better yet, get a 2nd hand Orion HCCA or Orion XTR and power your comp setup.. or get BOTH to power everything including sub. :D

I sincerely hope you mean "Alpine" and not "Alphine" or "Apline" cuz they are all different brands :D Have you tested these HUs? Test other HUs and decide what to get from there. Alpine HUs are very bright, too bright for my liking. My preference for HUs are Eclipse, Clarion, Denon (hehe) or Alpine in that specific order. Each have their own characteristics.

RM2000 should get you pretty good component speakers and an amp to power it. RM1.5K should get you a very good sub and amp. RM500 can get your wiring and mounting and boxes, etc. done very nicely too.

Sell your rear speakers. With a RM4K setup, you won't need rear speakers for rear fill :D

thanks for the advise dude... sure i will consider other brand as well... as i mention up there... i am NEWBIE mah hahaha... Rm4k is my max budget ofcos i wish can get better SQ with spend as little money as possible lor. Already PM MNKH007 but no response from him yet. Do you have his contact ??

We will be having an ICE TT in Kinrara Curry House (Sri Petaling) tomolo nite and another one on 02/09, next Friday, at DPP foodcourt at Taman Desa, off Old Klang Road.
I hope you can join us to audition some set ups and you can then decide from there.
I will contact MNKH to let him know of your PM.

pisces23 said:
We will be having an ICE TT in Kinrara Curry House (Sri Petaling) tomolo nite and another one on 02/09, next Friday, at DPP foodcourt at Taman Desa, off Old Klang Road.
I hope you can join us to audition some set ups and you can then decide from there.
I will contact MNKH to let him know of your PM.

Hi, i am interested to join the tt tomorrow. Do you mind to give me some detail.. what time ?? i am not sure about the place.. who should i contact when i reach there ??? thanks yah..cheer

D3vilsim said:
Hi, i am interested to join the tt tomorrow. Do you mind to give me some detail.. what time ?? i am not sure about the place.. who should i contact when i reach there ??? thanks yah..cheer

WAHH... seefu master Pisces snake cobra man has responded to your thread! Go to the TT and be awed by his Camry :D

Kinrara curry house is in Sri Petaling. Just PM unker Pisces and get details from him. He's a friendly chap with big big tweeters. :D

Btw, go for the DLS and get yourself Orion HCCA to power them. Then get Orion MTX to power your sub.. or was it the other way round? Uh.. nevermind. Get Orion :D Your budget so healthy you can afford one the best in the market :D

Izso said:
Btw, go for the DLS and get yourself Orion HCCA to power them. Then get Orion MTX to power your sub.. or was it the other way round? Uh.. nevermind. Get Orion :D Your budget so healthy you can afford one the best in the market :D

WAh.. i really confuse what u mention here... hahaha .. sorry yah. Even the brand i also don't know much hahaha.

pisces23 said:
izso, call me snake cobra??? :argh: :argh:
D3vilsim, call me when you reach there @ 012-3852368.

Do you have map of that place ?? i only know sri petaling carefor hehe.. what time what time ??

D3vilsim said:
Do you have map of that place ?? i only know sri petaling carefor hehe.. what time what time ??

As you pass through Carrefour on your right with a BP station on your left, go straight until the traffic light.
Turn left at this traffic light.
Go down for about 0.5km and you'll reach another traffic light.
Turn right at this junction.
When you see Coolaire on your right, turn right at the next junction.
Kinrara Curry House will be on your left further down, a corner shop.
Time is from 9PM onwards.

Last edited:
pisces23 said:
As you pass through Carrefour on your right with a BP station on your left, go straight until the traffic light.
Turn left at this traffic light.
Go down for about 0.5km and you'll reach another traffic light.
Turn right at this junction.
When you see Coolaire on your right, turn right at the next junction.
Kinrara Curry House will be on your left further down, a corner shop.
Time is from 9PM onwards.

thanks thanks... will give u a call when i reach there ok ok.. how should i address you ?? call u nick ???

Aiya Unker Soong, your twa-liap tweeters and Brax Hammer poison everyone who masuk your car.. my bass now so insufficient and I wanna project the bass and sound to the front too like you! Poison kao kao already :P Super cobra king.. just like Louis! :D

Devilsim : Piecses23 is known to the ICE community as Uncle Soong. MNKH is Mike.

eh? Bert where got? I put piecses wot

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom