Need Advise for Tial Wastegate

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ce9a_evo

Known Member
Dec 23, 2006
I'm using 1 bar 38mm tial wastegate , i'm wondering if i always boost up to 1.5 bar , will de spring be very fast dead?:rolleyes:

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
I'm using 1 bar 38mm tial wastegate , i'm wondering if i always boost up to 1.5 bar , will de spring be very fast dead?:rolleyes:
that is not the point, the most important thing what is your low boost. 1 bar spring, u can never run 0.6bar...

this one you need to ask Jin la. He is using 0.5bar spring but always boost 1.5bar and above. :biggrin:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
aiyo, still dont understand the concept ker bro :D , ok ok , i want u to do this
faster faster, go to mamak shop, sit down, make sure order limau ais , ok ?
now take the straw , put a limau seed at the end , now blow , remember that only at 0.6bar the seed will fly away, how, seed fly away ?
ok now , cut a small hole in the middle of the straw, now blow , how, seed still fly away rite, but slower and u need to blow more , air leak already , huhu now u high boost already :P then only spring opens up

errr i dnt have any other way to explain, errr if tak paham, err please donate the wastegate to me :P u take my actuator :rofl:

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
aiyo, still dont understand the concept ker bro :D , ok ok , i want u to do this
now take the straw , put a limau seed at the end , now blow , remember that only at 0.6bar the seed will fly away, how, seed fly away ?
ok now , cut a small hole in the middle of the straw, now blow , how, seed still fly away rite, but slower and u need to blow more , air leak already , huhu now u high boost already :P then only spring opens up

errr i dnt have any other way to explain, errr if tak paham, err please donate the wastegate to me :P u take my actuator :rofl:
That's one hell of a GOOD explaination..!!!! LIMAU seed & a straw...:rofl::rofl:

mrevo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2008

How about the waste pipe. could be the smalest/longest waste pipe effecting the wate gate performance. let say 38mm waste gate. what's suitable pipe diameter/long can be put?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
How about the waste pipe. could be the smalest/longest waste pipe effecting the wate gate performance. let say 38mm waste gate. what's suitable pipe diameter/long can be put?
smallest , if the valve size is 38mm, then minimum put 38mm diameter pipe, smaller will restrict it.
how long, to the moon also tarak hal :)

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
I have got myself the wastegate. And my choice was Turbosmart due to SDF recomendation. :)

anyway this is a good wastegate, with very solid and very lightweight wastegate. Hope it performs well too with my Garett BB turbo...:)

Anyway the pics shows a comparison between a "normal" wastegate with Turbosmart, and yet turbosmart flows much better compared to the bigger sized ones...

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
Tupang this tial wastegate thread abit, I'm not sure if anybody experience this :

I'm using Tial wastegate with 0.6 bar spring, and no doubt my boost stays at 0.6 bar @ full boost...
But when I switch on my Electronic Boost Controller (Don't want to mention which EBC now yet.. hehe..), my boost goes up to 0.8 - 0.9 bar.... The boost controller is at default setting (everything at its lowest setting, zero, nothing tweaked)
Of course when I switch it off, it stucks at 0.6 bar again. So its like just off for low boost, and on for high boost (lol)....

Its not really a big issue for me or whether it damages my car,
but I just wonder why this happens or anybody has this issue, as I don't think its suppose to work this way.... :biggrin:

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
Your EBC sounds like made in china oni?hehehe...EBC can off one ar?hehehe

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Tupang this tial wastegate thread abit, I'm not sure if anybody experience this :

I'm using Tial wastegate with 0.6 bar spring, and no doubt my boost stays at 0.6 bar @ full boost...
But when I switch on my Electronic Boost Controller (Don't want to mention which EBC now yet.. hehe..), my boost goes up to 0.8 - 0.9 bar.... The boost controller is at default setting (everything at its lowest setting, zero, nothing tweaked)
Of course when I switch it off, it stucks at 0.6 bar again. So its like just off for low boost, and on for high boost (lol)....

Its not really a big issue for me or whether it damages my car,
but I just wonder why this happens or anybody has this issue, as I don't think its suppose to work this way.... :biggrin:
this is simple , u need to reveal ur EBC for me to anwser it
cos setting up the wastegate using manual boost controller and EBC is diffrent

goo_61t

500 RPM
Nov 13, 2007

ahahaha..i x paham but i dun want ur actuator i want ur TIAL :p :P :p :p

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
Your EBC sounds like made in china oni?hehehe...EBC can off one ar?hehehe
Chet... kena...
Not off OFF... more like you can disengage/ disarm.. I think most ebc can do this..

this is simple , u need to reveal ur EBC for me to anwser it
cos setting up the wastegate using manual boost controller and EBC is diffrent
Hehehe..... I"m actually using the GReddy profec B II...
Was considering to sell it off and replace with a cheaper manual under the hood boost controller, because I seldom 'play' with it.... :biggrin:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Chet... kena...
Not off OFF... more like you can disengage/ disarm.. I think most ebc can do this..

Hehehe..... I"m actually using the GReddy profec B II...
Was considering to sell it off and replace with a cheaper manual under the hood boost controller, because I seldom 'play' with it.... :biggrin:
this is wht i get with most of my frens profec b's , on the tial wastegate there are two nipples
did u use both of them or u just used one ?
secondly , on the profec b selenoid, usage of wastegate and actuator has diffrent nipples on selenoid , incase two nipples on the selenoid, the third hole will have a plastic stopper on it, please remove the stopper and keep it somewhere safe.

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
this is wht i get with most of my frens profec b's , on the tial wastegate there are two nipples
did u use both of them or u just used one ?
secondly , on the profec b selenoid, usage of wastegate and actuator has diffrent nipples on selenoid , incase two nipples on the selenoid, the third hole will have a plastic stopper on it, please remove the stopper and keep it somewhere safe.
jin,

wow so many things for diff wastegate and EBC ar? Aiya make dizzy only hehehe...

So how about Turbosmart 37mm with HKS EVC V EBC combo? Any configuration? :)