wastegate vacuum hoses?

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
allo guys!
I need some advise here,pls help ya sifus2.
I juz bought a brand new wastegate,im curious bout my wastegate(tial 38mm),there is 2 nipple on it and i belive it is a vacuum hoses.based on my search,normally ppl only use one and it connected to vaccum which is i dont know where.
so hopefully u guys can show me a pic or a diagram or explaination where this 2 vacuum nipples should be route to?
and one more im using fish tank bleeder valve to control my boost,where should i tap it to my wastegate?
tq for any help.
Cheers!

raja,on ur w/gate there's 2 vacuum right.use the middle one.the top one is only for high boosting.just vent it will do.

yup..there is 2 vacuum.im boosting around 1.25bar.should i used the the top vaccum also?
let say im using only the middle vacuum,hom am i going to connect with my fish tank bleeder valve?

yup..there is 2 vacuum.im boosting around 1.25bar.should i used the the top vaccum also?
let say im using only the middle vacuum,hom am i going to connect with my fish tank bleeder valve?

just connect the valve in line with the vacuum hose that u connect to the
w/gate.that should do it.

thank bro..but i might be using the top vacuum also.how am i going to connect this?pls really need advise here.

ok here it goes
if u got a boost controller , then only use the top nipple
if u just gonna use sisik ikan to bleed, use the bottom one

thanks guys for your advises.
now im facing a new prob.Last night my car had a free run,but once my mech start the engine,there is a sound like paip bocor,i think the sound is like your exhaust leaking.then after investigation,i can feel the gas pressure on my wastegate downpipe even when idling.is it normal ar?
why some people when using wastegate sound quite only when idling?mine like track car oredy la when idling.
summore,b4 i install the wastegate,is it hard to press the actuator by hand ar?damn keras.Is it normal or mine jammed already?(i bought new from kakimotor)
help me sifus.

Last edited:
ooooo....that's not normal raja.i think ur valve stuck lar.the w/gate suppose
to shut tight while idling.only open up when ur boost kick in.u better check
ur w/gate.my friend experience this before on ori tial w/gate.what is
the preset spring pressure on ur w/gate?is it 1bar?depend if ur strong
enough.i press a 1bar spring rate before n it open.maybe u tak cukup
makan.....hahahaha.....jjk...:regular_smile:

ahahha!!tak cukup mkn.im well feed wei!damn gemuk oredy.LOL!!!
PROB solve,the problem is the steel o-ring that coming from extractor area pasang terbalik,so got leak,after my mech reversed it on the other side.everything fine.no leaking and wastegate start to operate at 1bar.but still i cannot push the actuator by my hand.keras wei.even my mech also cannot tekan.
haiyo..must start eat and eat again la.ahahhaa!! thanks bro for your advise.

ahahha!!tak cukup mkn.im well feed wei!damn gemuk oredy.LOL!!!
PROB solve,the problem is the steel o-ring that coming from extractor area pasang terbalik,so got leak,after my mech reversed it on the other side.everything fine.no leaking and wastegate start to operate at 1bar.but still i cannot push the actuator by my hand.keras wei.even my mech also cannot tekan.
haiyo..must start eat and eat again la.ahahhaa!! thanks bro for your advise.

hahaha....u mech install it in reverse ar....hehehe....luckily nothing serious.if
not u've already out of mood n scold me for saying that u tak cukup makan.
hehehe.......happy boosting raja.

thanks bro..
my car is in good running position,everything was fine,but the sound of my wastegate produce.damn kurang ganas la.
my mech using thick pipe and long la.
how to produce garang sound ar?any advise?

what kind of pipe ur mech is using?s.steel or aluminised steel?s.steel produce
more sharp sound especially the thin one.smaller diameter pipe also create
a loud sound but not recommended cos can create back pressure to ur w/gate
thus boost creep.play around with the length of the pipe.it can give u diff sound too.

oh...he's using normal steel la.hmmm...i will try to redo the wastegate piping and using stainless steel once.so u mean the more thinner the sharp sound it can produce?

hehe...give u a tip acap...the waste gate dump pipe i use was quite a big one at the outlet. .. as it go lower the piping i use was smaller and the tip of the pipe i made it like a trumpet shape..... bising to weh....

or if u like those loud and fierce sound just make ur wastegate lenght at about 4-5 inches long.... just make sure it doesnt shoot to any of ur critical parts in ur engine bay... cheers..

tq guys for your advises.
Renxun thanks man.
got any recommended shop ar to do down pipe as you mention?how much the cost?

cheap cheap nia.. any workshop can do .... the small part i use kancil ori piping ask them to cut... alot lying around at exhaust shop ler... last time i did rm15 if im not mistaken..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom