• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jinkl

4,000 RPM
My head is gonna blow trying to solve this issue,
Wanna get some input from you guys

I run a T04E only, with a 38mm Tial wastegate

1st Issue
I cant half throthle and cruise on the highway , the turbo will keep on surging and the bov will open,close,open,close, switched to greddy type-r , still same issue

2nd Issue - boost issue
my tial 38mm is a 7psi model
with brand new hoses , it will boost up to 1.1bar+ , at times even 1.8-1.9bar

with profec b , its not consistant at all , 1.6bar -2bar

with turbosmart tee boost controller, turned it totally to negative , i get super high boost, wastegate doesnt open, last mind blowing, pissing in the pants boost was 2.8bar

i even opened up the tial to see the internals, all looks fine , no tears or worn outs , all clean inside , err wht should I do

bt one thng i really really realised , the turbosmart MBC gives me much much much quicker boost build up

errr , my intentions here is to get some ideas, 44mm wastegate needed ?
erm please, any unrelated :D i hit delete

My head is gonna blow trying to solve this issue,
Wanna get some input from you guys

I run a T04E only, with a 38mm Tial wastegate

1st Issue
I cant half throthle and cruise on the highway , the turbo will keep on surging and the bov will open,close,open,close, switched to greddy type-r , still same issue

2nd Issue - boost issue
my tial 38mm is a 7psi model
with brand new hoses , it will boost up to 1.1bar+ , at times even 1.8-1.9bar

with profec b , its not consistant at all , 1.6bar -2bar

with turbosmart tee boost controller, turned it totally to negative , i get super high boost, wastegate doesnt open, last mind blowing, pissing in the pants boost was 2.8bar

i even opened up the tial to see the internals, all looks fine , no tears or worn outs , all clean inside , err wht should I do

bt one thng i really really realised , the turbosmart MBC gives me much much much quicker boost build up

errr , my intentions here is to get some ideas, 44mm wastegate needed ?
erm please, any unrelated :D i hit delete

1st thing,i think you must boost hi or over boost,untill the blow off valve leak boost,u can try the turbo smart race port or tial race port blow off,that one internal got hard spring to hold your holy shit boosting,if u really want low boost abit can go for 44mm or 45mm waste gate,just my one cent bro~

i want a clean 2bar
boost climbs to 2bar, then stays there stable

hehe i dnt tink its the BOV , cos i also tried vteckillers HKS Race bov, still same
i totally tutup the bov, also boost naik turun, up and down, hehehe

i dun think 38mm tial cannot handle that turbo... 38mm with gt35r oso no prob..... 38mm with gt37 will have some boost creep... but not like your prob now.. yours seem more serious ...
bov not that cause the prob.... first try check from where you tapping the wastegate tubing.. check if got blockage or hole too small (if make nipple at IC piping) .... than check wastgate itself, maybe you got diapharm leak or sticky valve ..... find air supply 1 bar only, than feed to wastgate... & see how the wastegate respond to the supply pressure.... if you dunno how to get 1 bar air supply, just put yr wastegate to yr friend car, put the boost meter tubing to your wastegate & see your wastegate respond to the boost that yr friend car make (dun use air compressor pressure, too high).... if the wastegate valve operate smoothly, than check the wastegate installation at your banana.... try make piping from banana to wastegate as short as posibble & piping position is direct the exhaust flow & piping at 4 cylinder joint...

jin..

i've not seen the real issue.. BUT.. on my 2cents assumption..

it's choking.. the comp wheel is either too large OR your turbine housing is too small.. at the same time.. how does your down pipe look like ? an angle too narrow will cause choking / back pressure... do remember that T04E has a few a/r.. 0.50 ... 0.60... 0.70... most people run a huge comp wheel (56mm or 58mm) inside a T04E 0.50 housing... and this is what they usually get...

nothing to do with the wastegate.

just my newbie opinions, dont flame me ar all sifu-sifu in here..

could it be ur WG spring? U use 10 psi spring but u boost 30 psi for 2-3 years. Maybe spring weak already. For MBC, try to put closer as u can to wastegate. Before this i put turbosmart MBC at firewall, set to 1.2 bar, spike to 1.3-1.4 and drop to 1.2. After put it closer at air filter loc, boost is 1.2 bar all the way. My turbosmart WG 1 bar spring do its job:biggrin:

BTW, i'm newbie only, maybe u know all this. Hope u can solved the issues

i would agree wid sdf .... hehe... maybe you had a big turbine housing wid a small wheel. anyway. care to share the turbo spec and wheel dimension? its choking.

SDF , aiyo mine small puny turbo only bro
T04E AR50 compressor housing , 54mm comp wheel , td06h turbine wheel , 7cm ported turbine housing

nan83, i will try swapping someone else wastegate n give it a try

paranoid_android : hehe , i tink if the spring becomes weak, it should get lesser boost :)

renxun : could be choking

bt guys, its alwiz been ok , bt jst suddenly errr i cant solve this thing for more than 1 month lolx , maybe must start swapping n breaking them down

heh heh... there is something to do with the Mitsu + GRT wheel turbos combination...

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

T04E AR50 compressor housing , 54mm comp wheel , td06h turbine wheel , 7cm ported turbine housing

trying to squeeze 2bar via a TD06 turbine wheel (aka58mm or 55mm or 54mm TD06-L2) into a 7cm is a big No No... doesn't matter how much you port.....

nan83, i will try swapping someone else wastegate n give it a try

paranoid_android : hehe , i tink if the spring becomes weak, it should get lesser boost :)

renxun : could be choking

bt guys, its alwiz been ok , bt jst suddenly errr i cant solve this thing for more than 1 month lolx , maybe must start swapping n breaking them down

I think if the spring weaker, its cannot hold ur 30 psi anymore, and ur boost will not be stable... maybe I get it all wrong :rofl:.. maklumla orang baru belajar pakai turbo :banghead: dont flame me sifu :adore:

Last edited:
i would agree wid sdf .... hehe... maybe you had a big turbine housing wid a small wheel. anyway. care to share the turbo spec and wheel dimension? its choking.

What SDF was trying to say was the BIG WHEEL in SMALL TURBINE. Something like TD05 20G. Boosting at 1.3bar sure no problem. But when boost higher, this would be the problem. Too much air through a small channel. Similar to too bottle neck road situation.... Traffic jam...

i want a clean 2bar
boost climbs to 2bar, then stays there stable

hehe i dnt tink its the BOV , cos i also tried vteckillers HKS Race bov, still same
i totally tutup the bov, also boost naik turun, up and down, hehehe

As turbosmart recomended, high boost suppose to be using small wastegate. I got myself a turbosmart ultragate 38mm 1bar. If you wanna try, call me.

just my newbie opinions, dont flame me ar all sifu-sifu in here..

could it be ur WG spring? U use 10 psi spring but u boost 30 psi for 2-3 years. Maybe spring weak already. For MBC, try to put closer as u can to wastegate. Before this i put turbosmart MBC at firewall, set to 1.2 bar, spike to 1.3-1.4 and drop to 1.2. After put it closer at air filter loc, boost is 1.2 bar all the way. My turbosmart WG 1 bar spring do its job:biggrin:

BTW, i'm newbie only, maybe u know all this. Hope u can solved the issues

JINKL is using PU tubing for pneumatic purpose. Tube wall stiffness is good enough to transfer pressure evenly.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

heh heh... there is something to do with the Mitsu + GRT wheel turbos combination...

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

trying to squeeze 2bar via a TD06 turbine wheel (aka58mm or 55mm or 54mm TD06-L2) into a 7cm is a big No No... doesn't matter how much you port.....

Agreed... JIN, U can port the inlet and outlet, but not along the flow channel...

haha i told u edi JIN,ur turbo is choking keke..ask u to datalog ur megasquirt u dun want haiyaaa...would be easier to determine whats the problem if u datalog bro keke..neway time to go for a bigger turbo i guess keke,ur suffering from compressor surging and exhaust choking,package..huhu..

haha i told u edi JIN,ur turbo is choking keke..ask u to datalog ur megasquirt u dun want haiyaaa...would be easier to determine whats the problem if u datalog bro keke..neway time to go for a bigger turbo i guess keke,ur suffering from compressor surging and exhaust choking,package..huhu..

the choking issue is known for many years with the Mitsu + GRT wheel combo...

anyway.. i'm sure Jin has better sifu's in overseas forums.. ours are just 2cent opinions.. US forums more reliable.. :biggrin:

the choking issue is known for many years with the Mitsu + GRT wheel combo...

anyway.. i'm sure Jin has better sifu's in overseas forums.. ours are just 2cent opinions.. US forums more reliable.. :biggrin:

Hurm..told him last time to datalog.he say wait laa wait laa..i think now he alredi pening keke..last time i thought his TPS went kong huhu after doing some readings and asking around and according to his turbo specs..i can surely confirm he suffer from compressor surging..when on part throttle cruising..then the choking issue,he never "belanja" me full boost in his car so never know hehe

bro, last time i made my wastegate outlet pipe very small at the end and it cause my boost to keep building up, when i took out the pipe and boost, the boost stable at 1.5bar....just my experienced

waaa... your turbo spec like that.... & he say on cruise he got surge.... huhuhu sure yr compressor & turbine not matching ...

huhuu... if still want to use that turbo... maybe can try this.... try cut yr turbine blades until not surge...

or

make 1/2" bypass line from banana to exhaust (after turbine) ... so less exhaust gas to turbine = no surge..... wekekekekek

just joking lee.... wekekeke... find another good turbo is the best... :)

problem is :( it was always working properly, it jst happen suddenly , then i jst cant solve it
it used to boost up and stay there with 0.1bar up n down

50trim + td06h , FP green , one of DSM favourite turbos, asked a few of them, only im facing the prob lolx

sdf : org putih alwiz senyum say ok , wawawawa, lolx , org putih bz laa, where got layan small small prob like me :D

Last edited:
there's something else in using this turbo as well...... hopefully u find out soon enough..

problem is :( it was always working properly, it jst happen suddenly , then i jst cant solve it

50trim + td06h , FP green , one of DSM favourite turbos, asked a few of them, only im facing the prob lolx

Then it must be the weather....
Opps.... should be more serious.... Sorry Jin

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom