Am I going to make a mistake?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Lowering the car and install locks will deter the car being towed/driven away by thieves.
This would not mean the car is safe.

Damage and loss still can occur. There are plenty of smash-grab cases of cars......Gauges, electronic components, ICE and performance parts can still be removed from the car, if the car is broken into. These item aint cheap (if they are ori).
Heck, even TnG ppl wanna curi, right?

So, please be discreet when installing such parts....to prevent unwanted attention.
Yah! Bandar raya force tow away then probably plenty of damage......:banghead:

TNG still worth, some break in for the coins in the coin box.....:banghead::banghead:

mdamin38

Dec 16, 2014
Bota - Perak
@mdamin38, are you aiming for the clubsport? Just checking to make sure you know what a Clubsport is exactly.

https://myneoclubsport.wordpress.com/about/

Undoubtedly for most motorheads, it's a desirable vehicle. Will you be driving alone most of the time? Driving hard & fast? With a helmet on? 4 point race harness is nice to have but it may be quite uncomfortable for normal driving. Will this be your only car? According to the sale thread, the seller prefers cash. I wonder if getting a loan for the car may be difficult.
Im gonna use the car for daily drive, so no to the clubsport.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Would you rather buy a beat up crappy car instead? Bushidofang is a car nutjob so his Neo is extremely well taken care of. Light mods and easy to handle. No racing clutch this, bone-jarring suspension that, etc. So it's a worthwhile consideration.

Like what bigboss madman said - just do your normal service and you'll be fine. Worst case scenario is you ask for tips from bushidofang himself and he'll tell you how to maintain if at all different from standard maintenance.

Btw guys, I've been thinking. If you truly want a almost theft proof car, should get all those pedal locks, GPS tracking, etc etc then thrown in one more thing - air suspension. Reduce the ride height to nearly touching the floor (1cm off) when parking and I'll bet it'll be damn near impossible to tow away. :rofl:
Talking about the air suspension, if that thing rosak, then we oso cannot move the car. :confused:

Saring

Known Member
Feb 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
EG6 below 40k not reliable? mana ada?!?!!?! there are tonnes of really badass EG Hatches in the 35k range.... 45k EG6 is in K-swap category already (or super heavily modified with uber rare parts B series)...B16A EG6 can get around 32k above now... unless ur really lucky to find one below 30k....usually those below 30k will come with the 1.5 or 1.6 SOHC engines and are mostly auto (in the 25k range).

i am an EG6 owner....and this is my advise to u... GET THE SATRIA NEO.

why? EGs (hatch and sedans) as well as EF n EK are being stolen left right and center now... i barely ever drive my car out because of this.. and even when i do, ill make sure its to somewhere i can park right in front of my face... no line of sight, no parking.

seriously... its THAT bad. dont even take it lightly for a second, coz ur EG6 will be gone in that one second.
Neo also thief magnet, isn't it?.....:driver:
agree with madman, for eG and K series engine will be around 45 above for B series stock below 35 u can get it but for sure.

Yes satria neo not to magnetic for thief cause why? underground market r3 part not so famous compare with mitsu part... old satria yes. especially ori GTI...

Nowadays hufcut for evo 3 haaaa really2 expensive...:banghead::banghead:

for me i prefer something RARE in town, Glanza, starlet GT or swift GTi. but to old for you and sure you will be look like "a cowboy born a hundred years too late"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

mdamin38

Dec 16, 2014
Bota - Perak
Also, if pencuri already want to steal your car, there's very little chance that your car will not be stolen or be left undamaged. Because they got nothing to lose, kita je at the end of the day need to keluar duit :hmpf:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Im gonna use the car for daily drive, so no to the clubsport.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Talking about the air suspension, if that thing rosak, then we oso cannot move the car. :confused:
Pros and cons loh! Rosak expensive to repair also.....hahaha:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Lol .. I know of one guy who chains his cars to the beam
waa...So ganas using chain. :adore:

Anyway, chain can be cut using bolt cutter, or grinder.
Hardcore thieves are more "prepared". They even have oxy torch....

Maybe the whole car should be stored in a shipping container. Cannot see, cannot touch the car.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Guy owns a hardware shop. So these are really thick chains. Not using just one beam. Also goes around the gate's side concrete structure & around the 2nd car when it's present. Lol .. it's a large enough physical deterrent to all but the wildly desperate. It did foil an attempt once. Not really my cup of tea but to each, their own.

mdamin38

Dec 16, 2014
Bota - Perak
I think the best solution is to buy a container, weld a steel pipe inside top right hand corner from roof to floor. Park your car in it (fitted with GPS, air suspension etc.), cabut spark plug, chain the car to the steel pipe, close container door, chain the door again with the heavy duty chains, buy a magnetic lift, lift the container.

Because really, what kind of thief yang nak go through all the hassle just to get a car :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Or just drive a super junk car....
Even bangla won't bat an eye when they see it....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Guy owns a hardware shop. So these are really thick chains. Not using just one beam. Also goes around the gate's side concrete structure & around the 2nd car when it's present. Lol .. it's a large enough physical deterrent to all but the wildly desperate. It did foil an attempt once. Not really my cup of tea but to each, their own.
Just wondering which part of the car he chained too?:confused:

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

I think the best solution is to buy a container, weld a steel pipe inside top right hand corner from roof to floor. Park your car in it (fitted with GPS, air suspension etc.), cabut spark plug, chain the car to the steel pipe, close container door, chain the door again with the heavy duty chains, buy a magnetic lift, lift the container.

Because really, what kind of thief yang nak go through all the hassle just to get a car :biggrin:
Just tow the container away.....hhahahhahahhaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Or just drive a super junk car....
Even bangla won't bat an eye when they see it....
Just like me. Hyundai Sonata III and Chery Tiggo SUV, they no eye see also.....hahhahhahaha:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The nice thing about driving a junk car is that ppl tend to give way to you when we celok-celok in the traffic jam.
Dirty, old junk cars tend to give others the impression of "I don't mind the scratch/dent on my car. Do you?"

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The nice thing about driving a junk car is that ppl tend to give way to you when we celok-celok in the traffic jam.
Dirty, old junk cars tend to give others the impression of "I don't mind the scratch/dent on my car. Do you?"
My friend last time drove an Austin Allegro. Key also leave in the car nobody take......hhahhahahhaha:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Don't be too junk with the car until female cat give birth inside the car...hahahahahha

lord_nasherz

Known Member
Apr 2, 2008
i drove a junk car last time. a proton tiara. nobody wants it. sometimes i forgot to lock the car when going outside, but the car is still in one piece when i got back. only kedai besi buruk wants it. they even offer me RM1.5k for the car. not bad for a junk car :P

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wait until metal go up in price then only sell, get more for it........hahhahhahaha

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
or if your junk car has a single digit plate no...then ppl will pay more than the value of the junk.

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
but remember...one's junk, another's treasure
don't be too confident la

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The picture above is basically the water/oil ATF cooler that comes stock with some of the older Nissan Sylphy / Teana cars. Basically the ATF flows in a U-shape within the canister and at the same time water flows outside to cool the ATF, water is courtesy of the coolant.

There are 2 types of coolers out in the market, stacked fin coolers and tube coolers (specifically Permacool since this is their trademarked technology)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience