help me...already try to solve it for 3 weeks..still not work

zulracing

May 28, 2005
kajang
My Honda accord CM5, for the past few weeks i heard a "tak/tik" sound when i drive the car or drive in uneven road condition. The sound can be heard clearly at my left passenger side area( doors panel and dashboard). Today, after try n error method fail, i send to the accessories shop to check. The accessories shop opened my door panel...etc try to find the loose bolt or whatever. He finally found that my lower arm bush already cracked, he assumes that might be the cause of that sound.

So i send my car to the workshop and the mechanics also notice the sound ('tak' sound when press the accelerator) but he not thinking the lower arm bush is the causes. But since its already crack so i asked him to change, i told him might be the sound come from there...he agreed...so totally i burn rm400 to change bush...and the RESULT : The fucking sound still there!!

After that the mechanic try to help to find the causes of that sound untill he also 'pening'...he opened the mudguard..checked the absorber...knocking2 the fender and after 3 hours waiting ..he found out its coming from the body itself...

He suggested to try to put a sound proof or autofoam ....Now i m not sure whether his suggestion can solve the sound problem or not :confused:..What you guy's think? Anyone here also have a same problem with me?, very appreciate if you can share.

Thank you...hope for the best.:idea:

MingFai

Known Member
Apr 18, 2010
P.J Jln Gasing
Might be mouthing?
Mouthing tear already also will got this sound...
Once u try to pick up the tak sound will apper...
Try to call me up if u dun mind..

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why not just buy a cheap piece of superlon and try stuffing it temporarily in the area that's supposedly with the problem and see how it goes?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
tak/tik sound is very light...dont think its mounting... normally mounting or worn out arms bush got "tok tok" sound.

this is a very difficult situation... do you have any bars installed? anti roll bars? under carriage? anything like that?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
it could be the aircond cover the ones whereby can switch to outside air or inside air (recirculation), i had the same problem....everytime i start my car the sound appears...tik tik tik...for a couple of minutes then gone, finally found out the aircond gate already jammed, only can access it under your dashboard my pomen just disconnect the wires thats all.....

zulracing

May 28, 2005
kajang
Hi guys ..thank you for your opinion..today i send back to the accessories shop and told him that i already changed the lower arm bush..but the sound still there..so today my car is totally one day with him..he opened the left side fender, mudguard, bumper,bonet, send the car to the body paint shop, tighten the screw and bolt plus add on sound proof to the selected areas...and the RESULTS: still same..still got the "tak/tik/tok" sound when driving the car. He surrenders..asked me to send back to the workshop to do a proper inspection on bush..mounting etc.

mingfai: also thinking about the mounting...but second thought i didn't feel any hard vibrating. Will call you for your consultancy.

DanzEterna: so far 5 peoples already noticed the sound..all said its come from outside the car..today itself..they also open half of the dashboard to find the cause...but negative result.

Any more suggestion?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wheel bearing???

anti-roll bar bushing??

absorber mounting?

those 3 item closely related with sound on uneven surface....

speedo

Known Member
Mar 30, 2007
my vote goes for the absorber and it mounting..i do hv this prob on my car (not honda)..change the steering rack still the tik tak singing, send back to sc and they finally find out that d absorber n mounting need a replacement..luckily everything still FOC..

mant53

Jul 1, 2009
an old absorber which no more absorbs, can also cause the sound...

sgwangacc

Known Member
Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.sgwangacc.com.my
since you have checked the external part of the car body (i.e. fender, mudguard, bumper,bonet...), how about the internal part of dashboard?

Erm.. there are few air-cond parts inside the dashboard of left passenger side, which may cause such sound.

zulracing

May 28, 2005
kajang
Thank you guys for giving me an idea...will do one by one for all your suggestion..today also the mechanic checked my mounting and he said my mounting in ok condition..still thinking why this sound(tak/tik) always can be heard during driving only..cannot be heard if the car stop, even you press the body..you will not hear the sound unless u drive the car...

The mechanic still thinking it cause by the body..eventough i told him the accessory shop already open the fender..bonet..bumper..until the car naked...still got the sound..then put it back together with sound proof..also same result..the fucking "tak" sound.

Arghhh...:hmmmm::dontknow:

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Izso: Ur suggestion- Brake caliper will be next.

K_takuya: Where is the tie rod or coupling road?

speedo: i had changed absorber(original) two times already since i got this car..and so far the symptom if my absorber "kong"..hit the bumper terus lowered..but anyway thank you for your suggestion:smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Echoing Tom’s recent entries on the forums, let me share my latest trip to Thailand where I got the privilege to be among the first few in the region to drive the new Subaru Forester and witnessing the launch at the 2016 Bangkok Motor Show...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience