Er. Buy buy buy?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
i plan to buy. ask for opinion of this car

通过我的 SM-N9208 上的 Tapatalk发言
Other than some reports of turbo failures and rare cases of cam gear skipping in the earlier R56 MINI Cooper S, i'm afraid i don't have more feedback to provide on the Countryman S specifically.

Personally I think the Countryman S is a fine car, practical for a small family and goes pretty well and drives pretty good. I've considered one before the Clio RS

bryangoh

Apr 1, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Other than some reports of turbo failures and rare cases of cam gear skipping in the earlier R56 MINI Cooper S, i'm afraid i don't have more feedback to provide on the Countryman S specifically.

Personally I think the Countryman S is a fine car, practical for a small family and goes pretty well and drives pretty good. I've considered one before the Clio RS
yaa..maybe to get a test drive haa

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
yaa..maybe to get a test drive haa

test drive 1st.. Mini is something special where you cant compare with other cars since it can be collecters item in long run..

if your budget allow, why not since I like the JCW version but pocket not allow me..:bawling:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
target for 2013~2014 spec.

Cars are like pretty women. You either like them or you don't. It's relative, my pretty may not be your pretty.

BMW owns the Mini brand so expect BMW prices.

Other than that - go test drive and if you like it, don't care what other people tell you (that you should have bought this or bought that) and just buy it. If you don't like it no matter what we say won't make a difference.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Buy this car. Then later on mod it with JCW parts. Then you have a JCW Countryman :burnout::burnout::burnout:
You can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig.

You want the JCW, buy the JCW.

Even if you make it up like JCW, the Geran will say its not a JCW.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cars are like pretty women. You either like them or you don't. It's relative, my pretty may not be your pretty.

BMW owns the Mini brand so expect BMW prices.

Other than that - go test drive and if you like it, don't care what other people tell you (that you should have bought this or bought that) and just buy it. If you don't like it no matter what we say won't make a difference.
Exactly, test drive like, buy. Don't like, forget it.......lol

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
You can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig.

You want the JCW, buy the JCW.

Even if you make it up like JCW, the Geran will say its not a JCW.
Then again JCW MINIs are technically based off regular S MINIs so that's pretty okay

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Then again JCW MINIs are technically based off regular S MINIs so that's pretty okay
And the Evo X is technically based off the Proton Inspira that is based off the Lancer.

Lancer went on sale March 2007
Evo on October 2007

So the lancer couldn't have been based off the Evo.

You can probably lie to the whole world, but what's printed on the registration card won't change.:smokin:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
And the Evo X is technically based off the Proton Inspira that is based off the Lancer.

Lancer went on sale March 2007
Evo on October 2007

So the lancer couldn't have been based off the Evo.

You can probably lie to the whole world, but what's printed on the registration card won't change.:smokin:
Unlike the Evo, BMW M cars or GTR and such, the JCW is literally the S MINI with off the shelf JCW performance and aesthetic parts, which is why it still is pretty okay.

unless we're talking about the GP then yes, you probably can't replicate that

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Unlike the Evo, BMW M cars or GTR and such, the JCW is literally the S MINI with off the shelf JCW performance and aesthetic parts, which is why it still is pretty okay.

unless we're talking about the GP then yes, you probably can't replicate that

Very well said......:top::top::congrats::congrats:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Quick question... what can affect the length and sustainability of the threads for your tires??? I used to use Falken tires for my 14" rims and they always got worn out after 8+ mths. So, this time around I decided to change my tires to Goodyear Ducaro 4 tires, hoping this'll lessen my need to change new tires every 8 mths. I don't race, I don't squeal my tires often, but I do sometimes take corners a lil bit on the fast side. Do you tink it could be cos my Falken tires were "softer"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience