Did I make a financial mistake buying an EG?

Ranjanmax

Known Member

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Okay I might get ignored or maybe get schooled by some of the shifus here about buying a Honda but here I go. Yes I bought a Honda eg6 with a b16b in it for quite the price.. wait for it, 37k! The mods arent much, spoon ecu,spoon intake,race clutch,pistons and head all stock,offset headers and that’s pretty much it I guess. Before y’all start just hear me out. I needed a screaming NA engine yes,not to drive like a ricer but really get the feel of vtec and the claims of the b16b being the most powerful 1.6 engine during the days before Nissan took over the tittle, thus explains why.. about the price, sometimes I really question myself with life decisions..

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Okay I might get ignored or maybe get schooled by some of the shifus here about buying a Honda but here I go. Yes I bought a Honda eg6 with a b16b in it for quite the price.. wait for it, 37k! The mods arent much, spoon ecu,spoon intake,race clutch,pistons and head all stock,offset headers and that’s pretty much it I guess. Before y’all start just hear me out. I needed a screaming NA engine yes,not to drive like a ricer but really get the feel of vtec and the claims of the b16b being the most powerful 1.6 engine during the days before Nissan took over the tittle, thus explains why.. about the price, sometimes I really question myself with life decisions..
Bro, u already bought it. Go enjoy it.

Reactions: Ranjanmax

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
1. Does it make you smile when you floor it?
2. Do you turn back and look at it after you walk away from the car, and say to yourself, hot damn that's one fine car.
3. Is the car in tip top shape? No problems and no fixing?

If you answer YES to all 3 questions, then NO, it is worth it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agree with the sifus, if you are enjoying your car, don't think so much of the price, since already bought......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm seriously questioning why you're doubting your purchase after you already bought it.

It's your car dude. You like it then keep it and enjoy it. No amount of comments or statements from us will make you sell the car right here and right now and if we all said the Myvi is a better car would you trade in the EG for it? If you would - then I'd say you're a dumbass. :biggrin:

The EG was and still is quite a legendary status Honda especially the 2 door B-series engine one. Fix and tidy it up and you'd have an awesome car that may not necessarily win races - but the handling and feel of the car will leave you smiling for months. Unless your goal in life is to beat everyone you see at every traffic light drag, then you need a K-series engine upgrade.

Spend some money upgrading security for the car though, it's still one of the top 5 most stolen cars in Malaysia.....

Ranjanmax

Known Member

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
1. Does it make you smile when you floor it?
2. Do you turn back and look at it after you walk away from the car, and say to yourself, hot damn that's one fine car.
3. Is the car in tip top shape? No problems and no fixing?

If you answer YES to all 3 questions, then NO, it is worth it.
This just made my day

Ranjanmax

Known Member

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
I'm seriously questioning why you're doubting your purchase after you already bought it.

It's your car dude. You like it then keep it and enjoy it. No amount of comments or statements from us will make you sell the car right here and right now and if we all said the Myvi is a better car would you trade in the EG for it? If you would - then I'd say you're a dumbass. :biggrin:

The EG was and still is quite a legendary status Honda especially the 2 door B-series engine one. Fix and tidy it up and you'd have an awesome car that may not necessarily win races - but the handling and feel of the car will leave you smiling for months. Unless your goal in life is to beat everyone you see at every traffic light drag, then you need a K-series engine upgrade.

Spend some money upgrading security for the car though, it's still one of the top 5 most stolen cars in Malaysia.....
Yes true bro.. I see the current mods on in are good enough for me cause I not race kaki.. just might want to bring it to 200whp if for the fun of it.. plus will have to check around for security stuff la and need to find retractable steering wheel if that’ll help.. anyone you can recommend?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes true bro.. I see the current mods on in are good enough for me cause I not race kaki.. just might want to bring it to 200whp if for the fun of it.. plus will have to check around for security stuff la and need to find retractable steering wheel if that’ll help.. anyone you can recommend?
Look up Petes Audio in Facebook and ask him how to make your car more secure. Can tell him Chris Wira guy recommended you.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Look up Petes Audio in Facebook and ask him how to make your car more secure. Can tell him Chris Wira guy recommended you.
Your wira so many generations back, still wira guy.......hahhahahhaha