Buy a used car

I like Skyactiv's philosophy. Make it high compression instead of downsizing and turbo.
Hmmm..

I like it too, but why not make it better? Skyactiv+turbo?

It is funny, back then Japanese car manufacturers made small displacement turbo engines (Daihatsu, Suzuki kei cars) and NOW, Europrean/American car manufacturers make small displacement turbo engines (VW Polo 1.2, Ford Ecoboost 1L).. whereas Japanese car manufacturer no longer play in this space..

Worst still, the small turbo engines are beating the Japanese in both power/torque AND fuel economy. Why Japanese so stupid, I cannot brain.

It is funny, back then Japanese car manufacturers made small displacement turbo engines (Daihatsu, Suzuki kei cars) and NOW, Europrean/American car manufacturers make small displacement turbo engines (VW Polo 1.2, Ford Ecoboost 1L).. whereas Japanese car manufacturer no longer play in this space..

Worst still, the small turbo engines are beating the Japanese in both power/torque AND fuel economy. Why Japanese so stupid, I cannot brain.

Going backwards, which is why I find toyota slogan no longer make sense. Toyota Moving Forward. :banghead:

Technically, high compression and turbo doesn't match. By tradition, we must lower the compression and turbo it. :hmmmm: Am still surprised 13:1 can use RON95.

Well at least Japanese finally gone their own way instead of copying the Germans or Muricans. Haha

Going backwards, which is why I find toyota slogan no longer make sense. Toyota Moving Forward. :banghead:

In electronics, they are really behind especially the Korean. Some closing down factories, merging with others, hope not for the car industry....:bawling:

Technically, high compression and turbo doesn't match. By tradition, we must lower the compression and turbo it. :hmmmm: Am still surprised 13:1 can use RON95.

Not entirely true la. I've seen a Myvi high compression with turbo on the road. The tuner is a genius to make it reliable enough to be a daily drive too.

Last I heard it was sold as parts though.

Go Ipoh nearer for both of us I think, but if u cant drive out, I dont mind going somewhere near u. Is not that we can meet everyday haha!

Ya probably that how AT car works IINM.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

The new Mazda 3 damn nice. Yet is 2.0L. Powerful engine in light body.
Test drove the Mazda 6. Really nice sound and quite powerful. Nice features in the car too.

I can drive out as long as it is not too far.

Mazda 6 looks the best among it's class I think.

I think they still have 660 cc turbo charged engines for their kei cars? Daihatsu still have in their new Mira.

I do agree with you about the direction that Japanese companies are going. Don't know why they manage to do so much innovations during the late 80s and early 90s but went conservative after that. I think it was due to the bad Japanese economics during the late 90s.

Not entirely true la. I've seen a Myvi high compression with turbo on the road. The tuner is a genius to make it reliable enough to be a daily drive too.

Last I heard it was sold as parts though.

Other than methanol-water injection or really strong internals, there shouldn't be any other way that thing can still run on the road.
unless...blow-off valve :rofl:

Huh? What do you mean?

the only way a turbo with high compression can stay reliable on the road is if the engine is strong enough to endure detonation or methanol-water mix is injected to reduce the temperature caused by too high compression.
other than that, the only other way is that the turbo has generally very little boost or high boost with a blow-off valve to release the air. that way, mechanic can say the turbo is giving 20 psi for superpower while the blow-off valve is actually set at only 6 psi. but maybe guy thinks the sound he hear is turbo sound, and not blowoff sound :rofl:

the only way a turbo with high compression can stay reliable on the road is if the engine is strong enough to endure detonation or methanol-water mix is injected to reduce the temperature caused by too high compression.

other than that, the only other way is that the turbo has generally very little boost or high boost with a blow-off valve to release the air. that way, mechanic can say the turbo is giving 20 psi for superpower while the blow-off valve is actually set at only 6 psi. but maybe guy thinks the sound he hear is turbo sound, and not blowoff sound :rofl:

Your joke is too advance for me wahhahaha.

Yes, low boost but will have to see. Tezza with 11.1:1 with 0.9bar no problem as well.

Your joke is too advance for me wahhahaha.

Yes, low boost but will have to see. Tezza with 11.1:1 with 0.9bar no problem as well.

owh, i see...i got a ah beng senior who thought the blowoff sound is actually turbo. i had to make him look at his engine again at point blank to let him see where the sound came from.

it became a somewhat recurring joke for me. i still cannot believe the stupidity :rofl:

owh, i see...i got a ah beng senior who thought the blowoff sound is actually turbo. i had to make him look at his engine again at point blank to let him see where the sound came from.

it became a somewhat recurring joke for me. i still cannot believe the stupidity :rofl:

A friend is supercharging a S2000. Will ask how much compression he lowered.

A friend is supercharging a S2000. Will ask how much compression he lowered.

highly dependent on stock engine strength. Tezza got BEAMS engine, if not mistaken, engine rigidity raised coz jadi non-interference engine dy

S2000 so high hp still wan super it? :2in1:

highly dependent on stock engine strength. Tezza got BEAMS engine, if not mistaken, engine rigidity raised coz jadi non-interference engine dy

S2000 so high hp still wan super it? :2in1:

Haha, he has all the wide body going on. On SIC, he couldn't tahan all em Evos tailing him.
Corners he has the advantage though.
Thing is they are actually very reliable to FI em. Well, depending on your needs.
Take K20A, on stock internals, it can do 400hp no problem.

PS: This is keyboard warrior's POV. But it's true. :thefinger:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom