Project Z - Week 25 Deleted

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Status
Not open for further replies.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
I am with khoyos, I dont know kevin and I am not taking sides either. There could have been some hiccup along the way that had lead to this. No one died, no money lost just some bruised ego and some heartache..........come on, bury the hatchet and move on.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Okay flames chilled... Time to get back to work. Work hard. Get some real progress. Make it transparent. Don't go MIA. And good luck! I believe the sponsors are eager to see their money being well spent...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Okay flames chilled... Time to get back to work. Work hard. Get some real progress. Make it transparent. Don't go MIA. And good luck! I believe the sponsors are eager to see their money being well spent...
Yeah, finally things have cooled off. Lets resume Project Z.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
why should anyone bash you? I don't think anyone is bashing anyone and not for making a suggestion. However, if you are going to do something, make sure you know what you are going to do and if it involves the public - funds, publicity etc... then be prepared for public opinion (both good and bad :)

But you definitely not going to get points for creative selection of car la. That one goes to Tengku Djan for restoring and pimping a Saga.
Haha I still havent seen that, creative selection of a car?

I think its pretty creative. Everybody builds... legendary cars. Why not make our own legend? :hmmmm: I guess its foolish in the sense where money > result, but I love doing stuff like that.

Mid-engined satria neo heheheh :driver: .

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

1. If this project does continue, I suggest having only 1 project thread where every updates can be posted in a single thread. Having a Z31 project myself, I believe if I were to make a weekly project thread, I'd have hundreds of threads hahaha!

2. With regards to ownership transfer, sadly the car has to physically attend the puspakom inspection. Since the red z31 is not in a healthy state, it can only be done AFTER the chassis refresh, engine conversion etc. FYI, I bought my Z31 in 2004 (or was it 2005 - somewhere near there la). At that time, the road tax was expired in 2003 and the car needed to be brought for inspection before I could do ownership transfer + renew road tax. It was in a terrible mechanical condition (sound chassis but engine + gearbox already nearing death) so I kept the car kept in garage til 2007 when I had enough dough to commence the project. So my car was ONLY brought to JPJ in late 2007 for inspection (after more than 1 year expiry of road tax + RB25DET engine conversion + ownership transfer). I did this based on my own timing cos I did not have to answer to anyone. Kevin has to answer to the stakeholders (Tom & sponsors specifically and the whole ZTH crowd in general) so I would recommend giving some extra time until the car is actually fit to go into Puspakom for the necessary inspections.

I am not here to "backup" Kevin but I am here trying to be objective. I started my own Z31 project in 2007 and until today, it has yet to reach perfection. I would really like to see another Z31 reincarnated as a supercar killer disguised in a rather low-profile looking chassis. I did not have any frame of reference locally and the Z31 guys overseas' projects were made easy due to having tons of available parts. Over here, Z31 parts are very rare and requires contacts and big efforts to get things accomplished. Now that I am quite familiar with Z31's buildup, I would like to state that I will be offering my technical support with regards to any information required in starting & completing this project. If this project gets the nod from Tom & other members, I would like to suggest appointing a committee to oversee all aspects of this build.

I hope that Kevin will be able to change his attitude with regards to constantly and continuously pestering and bugging people (yeah I get that too).

I gave taxi rides to schoolchildren in our workshop's Proton Satria racecar during the big Tsunami fund-raiser in Sepang Circuit years back and I experienced first hand how EXCITED the kids were when they experienced a lap or two of SIC (albeit in an uncomfortable racing car with absolutely no creature comforts) and I hope ZTH will be able to do this when the Z31 is finally completed.

I am confident that with proper management, this project will succeed! It is sad to see the silver Z31 that is going to be butchered to make way for the red Z31 so at least let's make the death of one Z31 worth it hehehe...
Actually I've got a suggestion... since we're going to have a street legal Z31, why not use the silver Z31 shell for a pure track car? :driver: Just thinking out loud, would be pretty cool to see a Z31 pulling a Z31 :proud: .

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

already did, lol, i posted few seconds earlier than u and another post the next one down.

yup, i did update week to week, even if it was a filler post and to advertise the sponsors who chipped in, i always allocate 1 week of the time to advertise those who has helped out. it was the correct thing to do, unfortunately it is seen to be a non constructive post, despite actually helping out the sponsor

khoyos has always assisted me in the project, as he had his hands on an rb25 built z31, prior swapping to a 2jz, he knows the inside out of the project. the rb26 is new to him, but having an rb25 before, im confident he could help me build something very similar

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

yeah unfortunately the PM came before Tom's telephone conversation at 20:00

So I will not PM anyone anymore, after all , all its explained here.

No worries, it was just weird, considering on FB chat, you mentioned you have nothing against me and out of the sudden, you were gone. I only messaged you on FB asking the reasons, it was not answered and then straight let to block.

It's cool, I'm not going to ask anything from you. Thanks for your previous help anyways.
Kev dont mind me asking, im just curious. What is your age? :smokin:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Should make a poll

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro's so sorry ah, just wanted to ask devious17, that profile pic chick, is that a chick from M'sia? or random pic of the net :vroam:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Addressed to Kevin Lee:

This, I need to step in.

Firstly, I did not disallow Kevin Lee from posting on the forums. I specifically said not to post any further regarding the Z project if there isn't a concrete update referring to the "Speedzone Motorsport" article which had been a terrible mess.

And above all, refrain from making contact with anyone no matter here or fb or phone to justify the issues as been discussed here for the past weeks.

Kevin Lee: As i've mentioned before, please do not mince my words for your benefit. You have again been told at 2000hrs today. You have also agreed to come in to face the issues as underlined by the forummers. Please act as agreed.
I am not commenting. I am speaking to myself out loud.

With reference to the above bolded in red, a logical person can instantly throw the word 'integrity' out the window.

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
not 26 meh

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I would like to state that I will be offering my technical support with regards to any information required in starting & completing this project. If this project gets the nod from Tom & other members, I would like to suggest appointing a committee to oversee all aspects of this build.

I hope that Kevin will be able to change his attitude with regards to constantly and continuously pestering and bugging people (yeah I get that too).
hello Khoyos,

You're probably one in a Million here in Malaysia who owns a similar project Z31. If not you, I can't think of anyone more suitable to guide Kevin Lee in his quest to share with the world the chronicles of building a Z31 from practically ground up (considering the condition of the car now) to a road-going 99% reconditioned Zed.

I'm sure like everyone else here, who cares about the livelihood of this Z31 Project will want to see the dream come true, even if it's not a 500bhp Supercar beating Nissan, A drivable, road-worthy Z31 example will be something we all can be proud of.

Perhaps, only then, the project will be credible enough to convince anyone else to contribute in money and goodwill to turn this Z31 into a Midnight Wangan equivalent Z.

I can vouch that Kevin Lee has nothing but passion to bring this project to life, but an attitude change, more discreet PR and furthering his knowledge beyond simply car restoration, are really what he needs to get along with the connoisseurs here, after all, we're Zerotohundred.com, and not learnaboutautomobiles.com

Please khoyos, pledge your allegiance to Project Z31

But ultimately it is also up to the rest here to gauge where this project is headed and there may be other issues that needs ironing, so, let me make way for the rest to continue

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Unker Fred: Why was the thread "deleted" instead of being "closed" la.. Closed still can see ma

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
If I was Kevin I would take that as an endorsement with a caveat to improve perception of me first. A fair deal I'd say but involves some financial consideration. A small price to pay as redemption.

"One sky clear all" :tee:

Last edited:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
If I was Kevin I would take that as an endorsement with a caveat to improve perception of me first. A fair deal I'd say but involves some financial consideration. A small price to pay as redemption.

"One sky clear all" :tee:
if i was kevin i would self finance the whole project and dedicate it to ZTH. that would be respectful and an honour!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
if i was kevin i would self finance the whole project and dedicate it to ZTH. that would be respectful and an honour!
that is tried and true. money talks bullshit walks.
but you and i fully know he's just gonna sprinkle sugar on his bull and call it candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have Kia Spectra LS 2003 model , and I need a good engine replacement for more than 1.6cc engine.
Which is the suitable and not many modifications required.
Please give some info.
Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience