Project Z Week 25 : SpeedZone Motorsports visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

Shazmi of SpeedZone has called me up few weeks ago and invited me to drop by their shop, as they were donating some build parts for the Project Z. Shazmi has been following up with the project for many weeks since the inception of this project.

SpeedZone is the main distributor for H&R Springs, moto7 lubricant, BMC Air Filter and Sparco items. They sell other brands as well, such as MOMO, Ferodo, SIDI and Rev' It Products.

There were many products that caught my eye, especially the Sparco steering wheels on display. These steering wheels were for racing, drifting and professional racing uses. They were priced reasonably.

Sparco helmets were on sale too. These are essentials if you decided to go circuit or professional racing. Headgears like this minimise the impact of a head on collision, when it protects your skull from banging left and right when you actually collide with any objects.

The Sparco bucket seat selection was rather few on display. Then again if you require a certain model line, you could always look up in their catalogue for items not displayed on the shelves. The staff would be keen to assist you.

When I visited the place, I was welcomed by Khairul, which was one of their staff at work. Khairul is a funny informative guy, who would sit down for hours, explaining every bit of information about how a car should be modified and what is necessary for a car build.

Here's the same suit that was worn by Juan Pablo Montoya, who used to raced for Williams BMW F1 team years ago. It's great to know that Sparco products are used in Formula 1 as well.

Dedicated workers like him are definitely hard to find. Even after the shop was closed, we both went out to have a drink in the next door Mamak Restaurant. He told me his life experiences and told me how did he arrived to his beloved car the Toyota Corolla AE92 Sedan.

Overall, I was pleased with my visit in the shop. The staff was friendly and always eager to give help and recommendations to any clients. Even a first time customer visitor like me, I would always feel welcomed and would patronise them again whenever possible. They have rewarded me a few parts for my visit to their shop.

Here is the location for the shop:

SPEEDZONE MOTORSPORTS SDN BHD
115 Jalan SBC 1, Taman Sri Batu Caves, 68100 Batu Caves, Malaysia
Hours
Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:30 pm
Email
[email protected]
Phone
03-361881770
Website
http://www.speedzone.my

As I am dealing with my exams on this Wednesday, my updates on Zerotohundred.com will be stalled. I will address the build issues and goals in the upcoming update in Week 26. Till then, have a great weekend guys.

Attachments

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
So Speedzone rewarded you with a gear knob, bonnet pins and something that looks like gloves just for visiting their shop and writing a few words about Khairul? Or is that their contribution towards the Zed's rebuild?

Surely you should tell us, since you did manage a couple hundred words, what form of sponsorship exactly is to be expected from Speedzone. Also, at the same time I hope you've kept your corporate sponsors up to date with the true realities of your build - some might probably not be so forthcoming if they knew how far away from completion it actually is. A casual browser may actually mistake the silver car for your yours and think all is going well.

kimoka

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
There were many products that caught my eye, especially the Sparco steering wheels on display. These steering wheels were for racing, drifting and professional racing uses. They were priced reasonably.

Sparco helmets were on sale too. These are essentials if you decided to go circuit or professional racing. Headgears like this minimise the impact of a head on collision, when it protects your skull from banging left and right when you actually collide with any objects.
In another news, shoes are essentials for walking as they minimise the direct contact of feet to the ground and it keep them clean in the event of stepping on dirt. Also, they can be used for racing, jogging and professional racing uses. Because everyone who buys shoes *cough*steering*cough* are professional racers and not hobbyist.

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
what did Speedzone donate? Oh wait, pardon me, I forgot that you are having exams, 5 seconds are crucial even if you were to write one short sentence of Speedzone has decided to assist me with the project by giving me this this this as an upgrade to the car for charity? Or for a race?

dawghause

Aug 4, 2009
Subang Jaya
Dear Capt Obvious,

Wow this is a very education piece on what steering wheels and helmets and suits.
I didn't know what they were for in the first place.

-keknoob

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
If this is all you can write about a sponsor who is giving out build parts for your car project for free, i can't help but feel that your sponsor has been ripped off.

I am a writer myself, please don't lower our standards by calling this half-@$$ed work as a writeup for sponsors. you may not have standards or don't even care about professionalism but we certainly do.

saying things like you have exams is just a lazy-@$$ excuse.

it doesn't take more than 15 minutes to do a proper layout of a sponsor's article, including the questions that needs to be asked in order to help you write an article.

this isn't some under-the-tree workshop as you said they are main distributors for several well-known brands.

you also said that they had been following your build project since the beginning. you owe them a proper writeup and not this simple blog style of vague information.

pandaB

Known Member
Feb 9, 2005
seems like sponsors are ok about the "simple blog review", so why so panas lah ?

wat you critics can do instead is share wif the writer tips on how to do a proper report rather than bashing-lah. haih.. sharing is caring ma. fellow motorsports kaki also wat. hes a student who also studies and also hav a dream of building an awesome project car. no need to give more unnecessary pressure,lah.

unless ure jelly wif the whole build thing then its too bad for u. :thefinger:

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
IMO, thinking on behalf of the sponsor, I think you should have given them a better write up. They deserve more than this 'education post'. They run a business and yet still willing to sponsor a few parts to the Zed project. At least,do give them a more proper write up. After all, one of the reasons for sponsorship are for for advertising and publicity, yes? In the end, if the sponsor are okay with this review, who am I to comment right?

Just my humble opinion.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004

My God, a little effort perhaps? Did you even read what you wrote before 'decided' to post it on ZTH? Too bad we'll never know anything about sponsors and how happy they all are as its a tightly guarded secret.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
seems like sponsors are ok about the "simple blog review", so why so panas lah ?
if you are the type of people who is ok with another person disrespecting your job, good for you but there are also other people like me who "panas" because other people think being a writer is an easy job and does not command the same respect and professionalism.

wat you critics can do instead is share wif the writer tips on how to do a proper report rather than bashing-lah. haih.. sharing is caring ma. fellow motorsports kaki also wat. hes a student who also studies and also hav a dream of building an awesome project car. no need to give more unnecessary pressure,lah.
there are tons of sponsorship write ups in the internet.

if a person is too lazy to prepare a draft of how an article should be written, then at the very least, browse through all the information available on the internet.

if everything requires spoon feeding, then what does he, as a student learn? how to open mouth and wait for food to enter his mouth?

you just confirmed that stupidity is contagious... you must be very close to him to arrive at such a conclusion... :thefinger:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
if you are the type of people who is ok with another person disrespecting your job, good for you but there are also other people like me who "panas" because other people think being a writer is an easy job and does not command the same respect and professionalism.
So true. If you read his previous 'coverage' on sponsors most are average at best. Perhaps better chance of soliciting funds if more effort was put in rather than simply wanting free modifications riding on ZTH's name. :rolleyes:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Thanks for the informative post on Steering wheels, helmets and Shoes, i didnt know what was their usage till 5minutes ago. wow! HELMETS CAN PROTECT MY SKULL!?

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

fyi: im 21 i should be a student but im restoring paint work on cars etc etc bullcrap. (i should be a student) fyi: kevin is 27 and still studying =0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can the ori carbon firbe repaint ori c/f look after when the c/f item is paint by colour :banghead:.but now i want to repaint to ori c/f look.who know that?where can works it?thanks guys.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience