DIY Oil Change and Flush

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
at one spare part shop, the tauke suggest me to use Eneos Fully Synth oil. he says make engine revving very fast.. very good for AT cars.. hmmmm....

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
i just bought the shell flushing oil after reading ur post, but in east malaysia cost RM27.50. Going to flush mine this afternoon :P

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
let me do a short feedback after using the shell flushing oil. after i drain out the old oil, i pour in all 4 litre flushing oil and let it run for 5 mins, the clear flushing oil become as dark as my previously oil. guess it does actually clean the engine. engine does sound little smoother on idling. not bad for RM27.50, i'll used on my other cars as well now.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
i will try this for next car service.
hope to see the clear flush oil turn into black color too.
this means it really clean the engine.

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
let me do a short feedback after using the shell flushing oil. after i drain out the old oil, i pour in all 4 litre flushing oil and let it run for 5 mins, the clear flushing oil become as dark as my previously oil. guess it does actually clean the engine. engine does sound little smoother on idling. not bad for RM27.50, i'll used on my other cars as well now.
evoX, yup.. that exactly what happens to me too... u can see photos on page 1 for the after drain out flushing oil.. the drained out flush oil is very very black... result of a good cleaning on all the engine walls and around all the parts inside the engine..

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
when i just got my car...which is a 2001 proton putra 2 years back. i send it to my frens service center at shell and he did the engine flush for me. then after tat masuk the cheap shell mineral engine oil and bring the car out rev few rounds kau kau.....drain the mineral oil, then only fill in with the engine oil i want.

i still remember when drain the shell flushing oil tat time....zomg!! really brought the colour black to a whole new level.

i've been driving my car for 2 years now.....engine so far so good......regular service interval 4,000+ km with Eneos 10w40 semi-syn engine oil.

would recommend this Shell engine flush. but apparingly theres some pro's and con's though. for example if ur engine is in a really bad condition, this engine flush might do more harm than good. for example, remove sludge in ur engine that was "preventing" leaks...so after flush, sludge removed....leaks start to happen. but i guess this way, at least u know that ur engine has leaking problem rather than letting sludge "fix" the problem rite?

aVince

Known Member
Jan 16, 2007
I just did mine on RAV4 Year 1996 at mileage 155,311km.
The drain-out color is black, which is suppose to be because the engine flush brought out the carbon/ dirt that accumulated inside the engine all the years.

The engine is smoother & responsive, u can actually feel that the speed starts pick-up even just 1st gear.

if anyone wanna try the Shell Engine Flush, i have 1 extra to sell cos miss-calculate the number of cars in family & brought extra. PM me.

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
wah.. aVince... how many cars u have till miscounted??

anyways.. good to hear it works for u too.. so no doubt this shell
flushing is really cleaning ur engine..

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
i'm impress at the shell engine flush.....farny thing it's been there like so long...but now people start realising that it actually works.....how come no workshop carry it??? but anyway....mine....significant increase my mileage....not much but it's impressive....b4 RM60-310-320km now RM60-360-380km.....good....but how often do we flush...i mean the interval...every 10-20k???

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
for me im going to flush every 20k.... or maybe even 30k..
up to u i guess...

aVince

Known Member
Jan 16, 2007
haha.. actually i brought enough but then given to brother's g/f lah.. sister's b/f lah.. end-up i have to buy again & was rushing that day cos the Shell Station have to open new box from store, so just grab n go.

There is no need to flush too often cos the carbon/ dirt will not deposite so fast.. Beside, you guys change the engine oil so often + on-time.. the carbon/ dirt also got no chance to deposite... keke

WeeNN

Aug 19, 2007
hi guys! i just did the engine flush! and the result is awsome! really can feel the engine smoother... haha! :burnout:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
i already bougth the shell flushing oil. get ready for my next oil change. hehe.....
cant wait for the oil change.....

crymson

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
Visit site
I've got a question on the Shell engine flush. My car needs 6.5 litres of engine oil, do I also need 6.5 litres of Shell engine flush?

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
you can seek your nearest shell service center.

what engine/car/truck u use?

it shouldn't be a problem if you use full 4 lit.
ut if your engine is super dirty... may use two bottles...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Call me 012 4769725 if u see DB808 white Honda integra DC2. Car went missing between 20:15 to 22:15 in Pisa, Penang. Tq.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience