Effects Of Engine Flushing... Good or Bad ?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Just use Chemlube, have cleaning function. Settle the problem :biggrin:
Another solution if you dont prefer to flush the engine, is to do oil change more regularly...

Perhaps once every 8,000km for synthetic oil ?

One of my friend does oil filter change at 5,000km and again oil filter change, oil change at 10,000km

What do you think?

Is it a good idea? :confused::idea:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Last time I also thought the same to use FS to 10k km, but that was my mistake for turbo engine, engine oil turn dark and engine internal becomes dirty. Nowadays OCI same like mineral oil.....:biggrin:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
My mechanic today told me...

The engine flush we buy are mostly kerosene packed in cans...

I wonder if that could be true?

Anyone got any idea on this?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is why safer to flush with a lighter viscosity oil then chemical flushing....

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Yup, if on regular OCI then no need to flush. Flushing needed is engine have sludge, but pros and cons about flushing the sludge too....

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Only half can? Then running below recommend oil level?
Yup. Half of it and im running less than 10 mins or probably lesser. Just to clear up the any balance or excess flushing chemicals. Just don't rev the engine la. :burnout:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you guys checkout bluechems engine oil cleaner (they don't call it a flush), what you're supposed to do is pour in the bottle into the oil and drive like normal for a day (max) then just drain. The oil comes out like water! I like Bluechem products, very different from the masses.

I've tested and wrote about this fuel cleaner from Bluechem : http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...duct-testing-blue-chem-fuel-system-clean.html

Their oil cleaner is just as good. Same concept too. I'll have to do a proper write up on it.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
If you guys checkout bluechems engine oil cleaner (they don't call it a flush), what you're supposed to do is pour in the bottle into the oil and drive like normal for a day (max) then just drain. The oil comes out like water! I like Bluechem products, very different from the masses.

I've tested and wrote about this fuel cleaner from Bluechem : http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...duct-testing-blue-chem-fuel-system-clean.html

Their oil cleaner is just as good. Same concept too. I'll have to do a proper write up on it.
i bought 1 bottle of it.
however on the labels stated to idle for 10-15 minutes if not mistaken.
it does not state that it can be driven. :hmmmm:

unker izso,
hope u can do a full write up on engine flushing using the chemlube.
i m goin to use it on my next oil change.hehehe.... :driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i bought 1 bottle of it.
however on the labels stated to idle for 10-15 minutes if not mistaken.
it does not state that it can be driven. :hmmmm:

unker izso,
hope u can do a full write up on engine flushing using the chemlube.
i m goin to use it on my next oil change.hehehe.... :driver:
Bluechem or chemlube??:confused:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That is because you are using the chemlube, just hope he is going to use the right one for flush....:rofl:
Haha! Using chemlube to flush, not only waste of money but no effect :rofl: cuz it is suppose
to clean the engine while driving until the next oil change haha!

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Another solution if you dont prefer to flush the engine, is to do oil change more regularly...

Perhaps once every 8,000km for synthetic oil ?

One of my friend does oil filter change at 5,000km and again oil filter change, oil change at 10,000km

What do you think?

Is it a good idea? :confused::idea:
You tell me bro, you have more experience in oil change than me with your w211 with 800,000km/h and yet reaching 1 million soon...

I have only used Chemlube for 5 times and I should have taken before after photo on the lid.
Big difference...

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
What i used to do is, i will put in the engine flush first. Start d car and let it idle for 5 mins or 10... then drain all the dirty oil out for 15 mins... then refil with 'cheap' mineral oil - 4 liter of it.. start the car.. let it run for 10 mins.. then drain it out... change oil filter and fill up with the desired oil of choice and .. viola... cleaner than ever

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im looking for a set of shock absorbers which are soft to replace my worn out abs. im satisfied with my car's handling now. what type of absorbers do you recommend?brand?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience