Guys I Need Help Again,Pls...I Do Not Trust Mechanics As Much As ZTHians

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Dear PPl,

Im having a big big question which i hope would reach to me back with the rightful anwser....my mechanic...has asked me to mix engine flush(Rm18) with my current used engine oil n drain them within 5 minutes after at idle speed to clean inner parts of engine....esp the valve n i think retainers(do reduce tappet sound when i cold start)....i just feel worried to do this cos when i smelled it was like petrol/thinner smell....Just damn freakin scard it might,might make my engine cleaner but then kill it within short period of time...my ride is a satria converted to 4g93p...as of now its at 109440kms.....thanks so much n have a eventful week!!

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Uh? .. "I Do Not Trust Mechanics As Much As ZTHians " - means u dunt trust ZTHian's at 1st place and mechanic secondly .. sounds like dat .. he he nvm .. jk jk

nah ... dunt worry & nothing to be afraid of, i hate some mechanics doing like tat. Previously i got mad to one chinese guy (mechanic) whom i sent my car to change engine oil, plug & filter. tat y .. "pandai-pandai promoting his shop treatment kinda flusher thing like ure also .. i told him .. "Saya tahu jaga kereta saya, saya suruh u tukar minyak enjin .. tukar itu saja, jangan pandai-pandai" .. tats guy's face dead already .. and ask his fren to do .. ..marketing technique larr ..

These guys are cheaters and pour some kinda shit into engine and called "treatment" . . WTF? and steal our RM15 - RM20 just like dat .. clever buggers.

if "flushers" are effective and good, why BP, SHELL, ESSO and other dunt manufacture flushers .. ask him back ?

Flushing full oil for wat? .. then wat the hell the manufacturers came out with sticky type technology for reduce the friction between valves, pistons and blocks? ..

next time, tiu them nicely .. satria81 .. dunt worry next engine oil change shud be ok, dunt use it, it wont affect the engine, but u are wasting RM18 for tat. have a TT and spend RM18 is good ;)

cheers!

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
sakuraguy said:
Uh? .. "I Do Not Trust Mechanics As Much As ZTHians " - means u dunt trust ZTHian's at 1st place and mechanic secondly .. sounds like dat .. he he nvm .. jk jk

nah ... dunt worry & nothing to be afraid of, i hate some mechanics doing like tat. Previously i got mad to one chinese guy (mechanic) whom i sent my car to change engine oil, plug & filter. tat y .. "pandai-pandai promoting his shop treatment kinda flusher thing like ure also .. i told him .. "Saya tahu jaga kereta saya, saya suruh u tukar minyak enjin .. tukar itu saja, jangan pandai-pandai" .. tats guy's face dead already .. and ask his fren to do .. ..marketing technique larr ..

These guys are cheaters and pour some kinda shit into engine and called "treatment" . . WTF? and steal our RM15 - RM20 just like dat .. clever buggers.

if "flushers" are effective and good, why BP, SHELL, ESSO and other dunt manufacture flushers .. ask him back ?

Flushing full oil for wat? .. then wat the hell the manufacturers came out with sticky type technology for reduce the friction between valves, pistons and blocks? ..

next time, tiu them nicely .. satria81 .. dunt worry next engine oil change shud be ok, dunt use it, it wont affect the engine, but u are wasting RM18 for tat. have a TT and spend RM18 is good ;)

cheers!
true la dude..alot othem conning people with this crap.....

Grim>>>

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
yeah next time use coke instead!! argh argh argh.. jk jk

usuall lar all mech want some side money...

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
yes, engine flush is made out of sumthing like spirit o thinner (smell).... its normally mixed into ur engine oil b4 u flash it.... it might help alittle... but not totally... its to get rid of carbon and to brake down the sludge (jelly) in ur head b4 u drain ur oil.... if u regularly change ur engine oil then i dun think u need to use that, bro... :smile: hope this info help!

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
hehe use shell flushing oil...rm24 for 4 litter..not those mix with old engine oil 1..
This is drain u old oil...masuk flushing oil 4L n run 15min thne drain it...then masuk new oil...that all..

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
starlet give back my boss liao lorrr....he also sold liao i think....
WAJA mah my dad using lorrr...
satria mah i using lorr..

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Thanks To My 5 Advisors/Sifu!

As per topic,id like to thank my 5 kind advisors/sifu namely:-

1)sakuraguy
2)jeffblazed
3)Grim
4)dev
5)WAJA2003
At least ill just keep my engine life span better with my normal regular oil change...rather than using oil flush to flush off my engine lifespan...::))thanks

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
dun say mechanic cheat customer by promoting ENGINE FLUSH la...not good lo

many company got produce engine flush......it realy helps to clean ur engine iner part....

try to get an 10 yrs old car n try it...u can feel the different...

my 2 cents..

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
satria81,
May I ask how much it costed you to perform the 4893p transplant? Have thought of changing my engine to that model too but still considering it. About the engine flush, I think you don't need to flush your engine all the time. What I know is that if you flush it every time you change your engine oil, it'll somehow wash away more lubrication from your internals. Since it's losing more lubrication, friction would increase which I think isn't entirely good for the engine. I usually only flush my engine if I'm changing my engine oil to a different brand or a different type of oil. May I also ask what engine oil are you using? The current oil I have in engine is a Shell Helix Ultra fully synthetic 15W50, the one with the Ferrari logo.

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
satria_95

Satria_95,

Firstly,thanks a lot in givin me good advice on the oil flush issue which was runnin all over my small head:).About the engine conversion,i actually made a big big mistake when i bought it 6 mths ago....it actually happened due to my super duper inpatience.My frens n foreman had told me to wait until one of us find a local gti/putra/wira le owner who wants to convert due to the hardship in finding a halfcut of 4g93 N/A at chop shops and after bout 4 weeks scouting i found one halfcut of 4g93 but from the japanese mitsubishi eterna(Proton Perdana),was cheap...at RM1800 i did not think much but just to get it to my foreman's place to be fixed...and the next day onwards was HELL for me due to the reasons as stated below:-

1)Engine wiring harness totally diff compared to satria body(im a newbie in conversions so i believed when chop shop guy said can be fixed)......had to cut here n there to just get it started.The worse other than it looks ugly was when i on the aircond the engine dies cos after cutting here n there...cos the bunch of wire at the throttle body actually works diff-ly(supposed to work with digital aircond panel which i cant mount to my dashboard..this was really really sickening!)
2)This engine in Japan is not meant for performance as in it comes from a Eterna1.8 Visage(lowest version),so the computer box bearing number-6123(Originally meant for auto tranny) was totally shit cos it cant perform though it was MMC ...no where compared to a msian 4g93p...even our so said low perf(Ppl Claim) 4g93p-Siemens version can smoke me with no sweat at traffic light from 1st to 5th gear...thats how bad it is.My nearest fight is against the SOHC 1.6 (Auto )Wira..Imagine la hmmm...
3)Msian 4g93p have rather low comp pistons but at least there is 4 small curves on top of each pistons compared to mine which is super FLAT TOP...this causes me lossing lots of power seriously.
4)It was lots of waste that i expirienced such as the Eterna front Lights,Bumper,Fenders,Dashboard,Meter Panel,Digital Aircond..its blower,Drive shaft,Lower Arms,Absorbers,Abs system,Disc Brakes which were unuseable on my satria...however for the RM1800 there was NO GEARBOX included....i have seen ppl sellin GTi 2001 model engine all under the hood for RM2,600 including gearbox lately!

I know u just wanted to know the cost involved but im saying all these which u might not be interested in just so that u or anyother person here would never ever make the same FOOLISH costly mistake like me,PLS!cos the bloody fella's sometimes at Chop Shop's know peanuts....they would say this"INI DARI ITU BODY PERDANA KALO MASUK SATRIA MESTI KUAT PUNYA LA"n this makes it very motivating cos it has logic in it tho,this was what made me damn kaw excited....at the start other bein surprised to see 4g93 N/A on a Eterna body.Bout the cost RM1,800(Shitty Turtle Like Halfcut),RM1,058(Labour Chrgs inc Timing Belt Etc) and RM40(JPJ INSP)...so like RM2,898.Lastly,pls take my small piece of advice,if ur gonna get a 4g93p....just look out for frens here in ZTH or personal frens who wanna upgrade cos thats the best deal!Cos its seriously hard to find a 4g93 N/A at chop shops...im not sayin its imposibble but but why wanna spend money on removing the damn speed cut which im quiet sure it will have.For now,this is all i can say....hope u dont mind my explaination on this cos i don wan anyone to make this BLUNDER!!!Lastly,about the black oil im using Castrol GTX2-20w-50(normal type)....cheers!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After using the Battery-free smartag that I DIY'ed before, I find it kinda
annoying and difficult especially if suddenly need to use the Smartag.:thefinger:

So, now I remove the wire and DIY a Switchable smartag that still use a battery. however, the battery will consume 0mA when it is switched off, therefore make it last longer.

Check it out!::smokin:

http://donsdiy.fotopic.net/c1526239.html
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience