Can we Install Horn Without Install Relay?

tsfatt

Dec 9, 2005
Can I install after market horn like Hella or others big horn without use relay and additional wire from battery???

I feel it mess the engine compartment, like last time my car install horn and light booster ... and the engine area look wiring here and there... once not careful will get short too....

If I not wrg the reason why install relay on it, is b'cos the horn need more "amp" ... but if we know the watt/amp of the horn can I just change the horn's fuse bigger "amp"???

tsfatt

Dec 9, 2005
but even I change a bigger voltage fuse, also burn?
But I look at the wiring of the horm/light booster ...it look just a jormal wire.....

edlim

Known Member
Jun 8, 2004
KV
u need a relay becoz u can feed power directly frm battery...
fuse blow bcoz it exceeds the current limit (power needed)...
horn draw kinda lotsa power and hence burn ur fuse or worst, melt ur wire (for lights).

play save - relay dun cost much... RM5-8 for bosch

cheers

jimi4570

Feb 1, 2005
puchong
can la brother... i also have hella horn inside my wira.. just replace old horn with my new hella.. i also no need relay to boos up my horn..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari has made it clear that its machines get hand-me-downs from its Formula One programme and the 458 Italia probably has the most influence from the manufacturer's top tier motorsports involvement.

The 458 Italia had more high-tech gadgetry packed into it than its predecessors and the most exciting bit was how Ferrari managed to fit almost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience