What are you driving now?

Since there are only 10 Evo so far and you liked mostly everything except Evo X. Maybe you should say you like almost all Evo except Evo X instead of you like older generation Evos, hahahaha. :biggrin:

For me, Evo X is more of a modern high tech Evo. Something like a different category compared to IX before it. I'll say I like it as an overall balanced car while those previous Evo are leaned more towards performance.

Dey... I said "5 and 6 not so much". Meaning 1-4, 7-9 only. Oh and I absolutely loathe all Jack Chan editions.

Given a choice I want the 9. Personally I think this is the most hardcore of all Evos.

still want to persuade you with wagon :rofl:

u happy driving fun powderfull car

waifu happy got wagon to go shopping

kids happy got plenty of space even to sleep during long road trip :driver:

eveyone is happy... :love:

Thambi.. this Evo wagon costs an arm and a leg la. That's a bloody insane asking price! And it's an AUTO.. NO

Dude, you're like my twin brother who I never have or what?! :wavey:
I also don't like wagon much!
I'm also an Evo feller!
I also only like Evos before the X!
:rofl:

brother from another mother.... and father. :biggrin: The thing I don't really like about the Subarus it how they come across brutish. The Evos are like surgeons and the Subarus are cavemen with clubs. Both are equally good at cutting up and destroying track, but both do it differently. That's my personal opinion though.

Hmmmm....... maybe asking you to dream Evo.......lol:biggrin:

Get Izso to buy......:driver:

As long as Unker toto doesn't support my on-going hobby, those Evo dreams will never happen!

Last edited:
Given a choice I want the 9. Personally I think this is the most hardcore of all Evos.

As long as Unker toto doesn't support my on-going hobby, those Evo dreams will never happen!

Evo 9 is Mivec turbo, right?:biggrin:

Aiyah! got Unker 4D and others too......hhahhahahhahahhahahha:rofl:

Dey... I said "5 and 6 not so much". Meaning 1-4, 7-9 only. Oh and I absolutely loathe all Jack Chan editions.

Thambi.. this Evo wagon costs an arm and a leg la. That's a bloody insane asking price! And it's an AUTO.. NO

brother from another mother.... and father. :biggrin: The thing I don't really like about the Subarus it how they come across brutish. The Evos are like surgeons and the Subarus are cavemen with clubs. Both are equally good at cutting up and destroying track, but both do it differently. That's my personal opinion though.

then how about this legendary 5 potter turbo brick? :biggrin:

http://www.mudah.my/1996+Volvo+850+2+3+Turbo+Wagon+A+-55102043.htm

5cylinder turbo that closely mimicking legendary audi quattro group rally car sound :driver:

Hahahaha, but still, You like 7/10 Evo out there. I only know there is 1 Jackie Chan edition which is the IX and that one looked ugly with the riced bodykit.

Most hardcore Evo I might say is Evo VIII instead of IX. The MIVEC 4G63T is not that good for modding compared to the normal 4G63T.

Yeah I also loathe the JC versions, utterly tasteless mods ruining a perfectly fine car! :banghead:
I'm still fine with the 5 & 6 though. If there's a good condition 6.5 TME, I would also love to own that. But yeah if I were to only buy 1, I'd go with the IX too, not because it's the most hardcore (TME should be the most hardcore of them all), but because it's the best looking and the best if in relatively stock condition (coz I won't mod it too much), and the last version of the 4G63T. Second choice by a tiny margin would be the 8MR.

Yeah only manual Evos please! :driver:

Agree too with the WRXs. Man, we do really think alike huh!?? :biggrin:
Plus I'm not so fond of the styling. Was very excited when I saw the latest concept styling few years ago but when it came out in the real version, I was disappointed, just meh...Only like the 22B STI.

Can buy the 7 GSR la, only around 60 or even below now, no need to wait for Toto. It can still happen so keep the dream alive bro!

Most hardcore Evo I might say is Evo VIII instead of IX. The MIVEC 4G63T is not that good for modding compared to the normal 4G63T.

Not that it's not good to mod. Maybe a bit more complicated but still can be modded to insane power la! Even in 100% stock is already damn fast, how fast do you want it to be?? 400, 500, 600hp? The IX can still do all that but the first question is do you have the skill to tame such powerful beast in the first place? So freaking fast also for what, unless you're a pro dragster, a time attacker, or a hill climber, then no need la. Just enough power to tickle an AMG A45 is more than enough what. :biggrin:

Mivec turbo still mod.......lol

Modding is one of the main attractions of getting these cars, hahahahaha. :rofl:

Not that it's not good to mod. Maybe a bit more complicated but still can be modded to insane power la! Even in 100% stock is already damn fast, how fast do you want it to be?? 400, 500, 600hp? The IX can still do all that but the first question is do you have the skill to tame such powerful beast in the first place? So freaking fast also for what, unless you're a pro dragster, a time attacker, or a hill climber, then no need la. Just enough power to tickle an AMG A45 is more than enough what. :biggrin:

For me, I think anything not over 500hp is okay for an Evo. Like maybe 350hp-450hp. Anything over might sacrifice some original driving characteristics of this car.

Hahahaha, but still, You like 7/10 Evo out there. I only know there is 1 Jackie Chan edition which is the IX and that one looked ugly with the riced bodykit.

honestly, i feel that the tme is the most hardcore model, not my favorite model but, probably the model i respect the most.

21e23bafa7cf10fdcfc043412e219d5c.jpg

Hahaha.....too many candidate for izso to choose liao.
Stick or auto ? Screaming / silent ? Powderful / powarful ?

Modding is one of the main attractions of getting these cars, hahahahaha. :rofl:

For me, I think anything not over 500hp is okay for an Evo. Like maybe 350hp-450hp. Anything over might sacrifice some original driving characteristics of this car.

Yes, having an Evo will make it very tempting to keep modding. But again even in stock form, it's also already plenty fast for a street car, IMHO la ya coz I'm not pro driver. Maybe for me if I buy one, most likely I will keep it close to stock first and learn it until I can really get a good handle of the car. Even so probably when start modding, I'd not reach over 400hp, anything beyond that is becoming scary already IMHO. Better focus more on improving the low-mid rpm response and overall driveability, handling, and braking as an overall package rather going for max power. Make sure also you can handle the car properly coz with big power comes big responsibility my friend. :driver:

Ya true. Safety first. Lots of powahhh, legs must strong too.
Even puny td04 already make me sweat when i first time drive turbo engine.
Upgrade on correct suspension, UR bars added and wheels really help. Make Driving more fun.

That depends on one's pocket too. After my VR transplant hardly any other mod dy........lol:rofl:

Small basic mods sure will do for car guy. Maybe some ECU tweaking, exhaust system, air filter, wheels + good tyres. But exhaust system feels like a must to really enjoy the engine sound. :biggrin:

honestly, i feel that the tme is the most hardcore model, not my favorite model but, probably the model i respect the most.

21e23bafa7cf10fdcfc043412e219d5c.jpg

People always say TME is legendary but due to what? Lighter than CT9A series while still using the newer powerful 'terbalik' type 4G63T?

Yes, having an Evo will make it very tempting to keep modding. But again even in stock form, it's also already plenty fast for a street car, IMHO la ya coz I'm not pro driver. Maybe for me if I buy one, most likely I will keep it close to stock first and learn it until I can really get a good handle of the car. Even so probably when start modding, I'd not reach over 400hp, anything beyond that is becoming scary already IMHO. Better focus more on improving the low-mid rpm response and overall driveability, handling, and braking as an overall package rather going for max power. Make sure also you can handle the car properly coz with big power comes big responsibility my friend.

Maybe just basic mods like what I mentioned earlier. Don't have to go all the way to engine internals like cams, pistons, block. You are right about stock being very fast since it can do 0-100kmh in under 5 seconds. For that price range, nothing comes close except its arch rival, Impreza WRX STI. Those higher power mods that I mentioned will probably only come after one is very familiar with the stock 300hp.

Small basic mods sure will do for car guy. Maybe some ECU tweaking, exhaust system, air filter, wheels + good tyres. But exhaust system feels like a must to really enjoy the engine sound. :biggrin:

I have been playing mod on NA for quite some time, simple stuffs like exhaust, filter etc.,
Not until I jump to my turbo transplant then only I felt the worthiness of modding. Experiencing the jump in power is really satisfying. Initially I did do some mod to the turbo, like air filter, fuel regulator etc., but I find myself back in square one, felt exactly like my NA mod, felt so little improvement or maybe not at all. So gave up modding further....hhahhahahha:rofl:

Top Bottom