take note when doing balancing!!!

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Hey guys,

I've heard several stories of shops charging customers for doing balancing off wheel and then charging them again for doing off wheel balancing. Please be careful and take note:

For example: If a shop takes your tyre out and balances it, charges RM5 and then put it back on your car.... drives your car and then finds it's still out of balance and then he chooses to do an 'on wheel' balancing and charges you RM30 he SHOULD NOT charge you the other RM5 earlier simply because he was unable to solve your balancing problem by means of off wheel balancing hence requiring on wheel. If the shop charges you both ie: RM35 then they are really cheating you.

An example of shop which does this is Lenzo in TTDI. Depending on who does your car, there's a chinese guy there who really cons customers wan. If you go there better try to 'show off' and show them you really know your stuff and YOU TELL THEM WHAT TO DO or else you might just get conned. No doubt they are very good and have excellent equipment but just not very ethical la.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Yeah, some mechanics actually does that. The least you can do is to tell them whatever decision they make, ask them to consult you first. When i'm at the service centre, i tell the supervisor that any part you wanna change or find it faulty, you need to ask me first or else i won't pay for the parts/service.

Unscrupulous mechanics are all over. In fact if i were you in that situation, when the mechanic asks for RM35 after doing the off wheel and on wheel balancing, its best not to argue with him. You won't want him to fuck up your wheel balancing and he might have done it in purpose in the first place. So just pay up and take it as a lesson.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
RM5 lesson ok la...
if he con u RM50 i doubt u r going to pay for such an expensive lesson...
lol....

RealtyAgent

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2006
www.autoglobalzone.com
Thats not ethical la...

dean75

Known Member
Nov 10, 2004
Port Dickson
Thanks for the tip man......i always felt kena tipu lah when doing wheel balancing and alignment....even now CNY is getting near,i think these mechanic will cheat you to get extra cash.....no insult to chinese mechanic friend ya but that's always the case lah if you are not careful..... :sad_smile:

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
lenso lim tayar TTDI tipu customer number 1 geh lar

always keep an eye on the balancing machine when they do balancing

make sure when do balancing...the width of the rim is rite

6.5 7.0 etc..

balancing only done when reading is 0 0 ...

if still shake after that....on wheel balancing no need to do liao...sure will shake again wan

as i posted here...i give advice on alligment as well....

camber front and back ...left and right...if the reading is in between +0.3 and -0.3....
no need adjust lar....still acceptable..

front toe for normal driving make it

left -0.1 right -0.1

rear toe left +0.2 right +0.2

or not... all 0 lar...

the real allignement is based on individual reading left and right..not left+ right = the reading....

if the left and right reading is equal..means the allignment is done....and when test drive..the steering senget.....dont manual adjust it.....take the steering out and put it back straight....

if want grip....

front toe as negative as possible..

rear toe as positive as possible...

camber negative kau kau

if for drifting....front toe negative kau kau ,rear toe negative kau kau..confirm once u turn ur car ..sure buang...

why i know a lot...coz i kena tipu many times liao....

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
cyclonite said:
Hey guys,

I've heard several stories of shops charging customers for doing balancing off wheel and then charging them again for doing off wheel balancing. Please be careful and take note:

For example: If a shop takes your tyre out and balances it, charges RM5 and then put it back on your car.... drives your car and then finds it's still out of balance and then he chooses to do an 'on wheel' balancing and charges you RM30 he SHOULD NOT charge you the other RM5 earlier simply because he was unable to solve your balancing problem by means of off wheel balancing hence requiring on wheel. If the shop charges you both ie: RM35 then they are really cheating you.

An example of shop which does this is Lenzo in TTDI. Depending on who does your car, there's a chinese guy there who really cons customers wan. If you go there better try to 'show off' and show them you really know your stuff and YOU TELL THEM WHAT TO DO or else you might just get conned. No doubt they are very good and have excellent equipment but just not very ethical la.
tnx for the word of caution ....

but can tell us normally wat is the thing they should be doing , n how much will it charge..?

instead of later kena con ...

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
i think the lesson here is to observe and try to learn a thing or two about car repairs....some drivers like to leave it all to the hands of mechanics only to bitch about absurd price later on...for me...watever things they wanna do...i ask for the pricing first...then only i tell them whether to do or not...and try to stick to one workshop...ive been with my workshop for 7 years now....its the unknown that might con you of your money yah....cheers

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
SataniC said:
i think the lesson here is to observe and try to learn a thing or two about car repairs....some drivers like to leave it all to the hands of mechanics only to bitch about absurd price later on...for me...watever things they wanna do...i ask for the pricing first...then only i tell them whether to do or not...and try to stick to one workshop...ive been with my workshop for 7 years now....its the unknown that might con you of your money yah....cheers
well, i always stick to one workshop.. for 5 years.. just last week he con me...maybe before also got con, never notice..but last week was too obvious.

so, good luck... scary world out there.

RealtyAgent

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2006
www.autoglobalzone.com
Yeah..some mechanics do some unethical things to get more profits...we had better watch out...

digitalcom

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
Universal
cyclonite said:
Hey guys,

walau... i always did it at that Lenzo in TTDI.... sure kena con alot liao by them...

manusia

"The 8055"
Aug 2, 2005
Barcelona
i suggest u guys who have got conned list down the place name so that others can take precaution

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
ixeo said:
well, i always stick to one workshop.. for 5 years.. just last week he con me...maybe before also got con, never notice..but last week was too obvious.

so, good luck... scary world out there.
old customer, easier to con ma.....just leave the car dere, and they got change or not the fualty parts, we also donno.... :)

i also got conned before my mech.....ask him to change drive shaft, but change a faulty drive shaft for me..... then say no warranty ohhh....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sometime ago I asked Chris Thomas of OPT USA whether can OCW/Alien Wax be used for other uses... say CPU casing? He said its possible... it just that he reminded me to make sure to KEEP the microfiber cloth damp at all times to prevent static electricity! This is a DELL computer casing that uses a single stage spray-on paint without any clear coat. Some of us know that OCW/Alien Wax works well on modern day paint system(2 stage...base coat and clear coat). So how would a wax like OCW/Alien...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience