Carbon Fibre; How to Hide it?

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Not bad. Good to mod. If manual, even better.
I am in love with the modded swifts. Im even thinking of getting a zc31s MT when i have the dollas and mod it like crazy. Its the true definition of a pocket rocket. or maybe im biased. :proud: even the new swift sport with aftermarket bodykits looks amazing.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I am in love with the modded swifts. Im even thinking of getting a zc31s MT when i have the dollas and mod it like crazy. Its the true definition of a pocket rocket. or maybe im biased. :proud: even the new swift sport with aftermarket bodykits looks amazing.
Now yours currently is which model?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Okay then. thank you for the advice man. I'll keep my eyes away from CF for now as im sure Racecraft's parts are expensive :argh: here's a completely unrelated question; why did you sell your car?

haiyaa im already underweight as it is. when i sit in my car the suspension dont even budge meh. :rofl:
Actually not really. Racecraft parts are expensive yes - but only a couple hundred different. Like in the case of my wira, they had the hood going for 1800. The carbon-Kevlar was 1400. So ok la.. 400 for the piece of mind.

I sold my car to get something bigger. Seriously. If I had the cash, I would've kept it though, then turn it into a weekend project. Right now it was sold to a friend, so maybe a couple years down the line I might buy it back from him! Hehehe

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Normally can repair will do repair first. If cannot then only change.

Wah! but bare inside, means front 2 seats only?

Looks who talking......faster cabut.......:vroam:
I lost that what :rofl: Was heavier before :biggrin:

Actually not really. Racecraft parts are expensive yes - but only a couple hundred different. Like in the case of my wira, they had the hood going for 1800. The carbon-Kevlar was 1400. So ok la.. 400 for the piece of mind.

I sold my car to get something bigger. Seriously. If I had the cash, I would've kept it though, then turn it into a weekend project. Right now it was sold to a friend, so maybe a couple years down the line I might buy it back from him! Hehehe
He might not want to sell back to u anymore LOL! :rolleyes:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ah, yea. Only front got seats. Surprisingly the steering and gearstick are still Honda ones. Seats are Recaro though. I'll show a pic of the rear. Interesting, but don't know JPJ allow or not. This sort of weight saving method seems more effective than CF parts. :biggrin:

Eh, your car is what car again?
Why not? JPJ did not mention your car interior cannot be bare.....hahahaha:rofl:
Weight down, cheaper also....:driver:

See his id also know mah!......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

I lost that what :rofl: Was heavier before :biggrin:

He might not want to sell back to u anymore LOL! :rolleyes:
Need further reduction, because now Mira under powered.....:rofl:

Now stock standard, might as well get another then mod again.....:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
bare interior is considered illegal from the eye of jpj. this is due to absence of padding. if kena accident, they claimed that the bare interior would be hazardous to the occupants. I have asked about it myself at jpj putrajaya.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
bare interior is considered illegal from the eye of jpj. this is due to absence of padding. if kena accident, they claimed that the bare interior would be hazardous to the occupants. I have asked about it myself at jpj putrajaya.
Oh! is it? He hoping not much JPJ checks then.....:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
that is why some modders tint the windows to prevent preying eyes of JPJ....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yep, tint checking starts soon.

My runner fren also was informed that jpj will check on car mods after tint checking.
This will be done during ramadhan. Konon a campaign to ensure safe driving to all road users, but probably getting kop--ko marney along the way...

So, beware owners of modded cars....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yep, tint checking starts soon.

My runner fren also was informed that jpj will check on car mods after tint checking.
This will be done during ramadhan. Konon a campaign to ensure safe driving to all road users, but probably getting kop--ko marney along the way...

So, beware owners of modded cars....
Guess all just drive beat up car go out will do. Until Raya is over...

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
Hi guys.

I'm really keen on getting carbon fibre parts for my car, especially the hood and fenders. But last i checked carbon fibre is illegal in Malaysia. How to hide it? Do you wrap it? Or paint over it?

I know that hiding carbon fibre is such a waste, because its such a beautiful thing to look at, but lazy la have to worry about jpj. Nowadays theyre very active. And become sleeper also nice ppl dont know. Dont have to worry about theft. :biggrin:
Swift,

I'm not entirely sure this has been covered, but you may run into trouble painting dry carbon and even wet clear-coated carbon. The surface of carbon is not entirely flat to begin with. Even with the resin in it, it tends to absorb the paint over time. The paint might look smooth at first, but over time you may begin to see indentations as the paint contracts and gets pulled into the depressions of the more porous surface. I would not recommend painting dry carbon unless it is gel coated first. This defeats the purpose of dry carbon. Wet carbon can also be a problem - just not as pronounced. A wrap may be the best way to go if you don't want to add too much additional weight and save the carbon finish. Less expensive too.

Edit: With a wrap, the waffled depressions may still appear through it, but if you find out it does, it won't be as costly a process as painting.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sigh, out of topic but I wanna ask.
Are there any transparent tint that has heat reduction and those 5/6/7/8 mil security films?
Got, just need to find. Even if not transparent, u can choose other colours like light blue, light green and etcs.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sigh, out of topic but I wanna ask.
Are there any transparent tint that has heat reduction and those 5/6/7/8 mil security films?
Got. My Myvi using VKool security tint. But the heat reduction is not as good as the non-security films.

Swift,

I'm not entirely sure this has been covered, but you may run into trouble painting dry carbon and even wet clear-coated carbon. The surface of carbon is not entirely flat to begin with. Even with the resin in it, it tends to absorb the paint over time. The paint might look smooth at first, but over time you may begin to see indentations as the paint contracts and gets pulled into the depressions of the more porous surface. I would not recommend painting dry carbon unless it is gel coated first. This defeats the purpose of dry carbon. Wet carbon can also be a problem - just not as pronounced. A wrap may be the best way to go if you don't want to add too much additional weight and save the carbon finish. Less expensive too.

Edit: With a wrap, the waffled depressions may still appear through it, but if you find out it does, it won't be as costly a process as painting.
That's a good point!

But I doubt he'll go for dry carbon. That's super expensive here! The only option is the hybrid fiber CF hoods we see so many of here. Those are pretty easily painted.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well...last time while staying at hometown with parent...we used to run our rally car free roam on the street like a bawse....fully striped interior and welded rollcage without fuss...but now i think policemen there mostly new guy...or guy that never heard or "rally" so the car now rarely goes out like that...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Why not? JPJ did not mention your car interior cannot be bare.....hahahaha:rofl:
Weight down, cheaper also....:driver:

See his id also know mah!......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Need further reduction, because now Mira under powered.....:rofl:

Now stock standard, might as well get another then mod again.....:driver:
So, this is actually illegal by JPJ standards...

ID sometimes not accurate ma. People can change car.

that is why some modders tint the windows to prevent preying eyes of JPJ....
That EG don't have any tinting... I remember the owner told me before JPJ stopped him on the road saying that his head lamps are too bright. He told me that he countered back to JPJ by saying he is not using xenon or white lights but normal yellow lights only.

A friend of this EG owner who drives a FC3S RX-7 with roll cage inside says "Depends whether you are handsome or not lor. If not handsome, JPJ sure catch you" "If JPJ want catch me, see whether can he chase my car or not". :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So, this is actually illegal by JPJ standards...

ID sometimes not accurate ma. People can change car.

That EG don't have any tinting... I remember the owner told me before JPJ stopped him on the road saying that his head lamps are too bright. He told me that he countered back to JPJ by saying he is not using xenon or white lights but normal yellow lights only.

A friend of this EG owner who drives a FC3S RX-7 with roll cage inside says "Depends whether you are handsome or not lor. If not handsome, JPJ sure catch you" "If JPJ want catch me, see whether can he chase my car or not". :rofl:
Our enforcement here all pariah one. More towards kopi o then enforcement. Like dark tint, if they have enforced at the start then will not have so much problem. Consumer see no enforcement then install darker and darker until some complaint then enforcement start.
Same goes for number plates. Remember years ago they did enforce and everything was fine, then relax and all hell went loose. Now sure to be checked along with the tint....:driver:

ha! ha! yah! wait I change to Subaru then id stuck with vr......:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Cant blame entirely to the enforcement alone.
It is a Chicken and Egg story.

Should we blame the tint shop for selling the tint product?, or should we blame the car owners for buying the product?

Just like those pirate DVD products sold at roadside in Mesia.
Everybody knows it is WRONG dealing with pirated goods.
But who is to blame?? The demanding party (cunsumer), or the selling party (peddler)??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifus,im new in this motoring industry.. bought a 2nd hand with 90xxx mileage.. my questions are. when is the time to top overhaul and when is the time to do full overhaul? is there any sign? what is the cost for top overhaul? and how about overhaul? what parts are replaced on top overhaul and overhaul? hope all sifus here can answer my question. newbie here needs some knowledge
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience