Carbon Fibre; How to Hide it?

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys.

I'm really keen on getting carbon fibre parts for my car, especially the hood and fenders. But last i checked carbon fibre is illegal in Malaysia. How to hide it? Do you wrap it? Or paint over it?

I know that hiding carbon fibre is such a waste, because its such a beautiful thing to look at, but lazy la have to worry about jpj. Nowadays theyre very active. And become sleeper also nice ppl dont know. Dont have to worry about theft. :biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
paint over it.... if u worry about never being able to see the CF again... just use plastidip.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
where got such illegal in MY? its just making your car into thieve magnet...a really super strong magnet i would say

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya a lot just paint it over and no one will know.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
its illegal la......but as usual in malaysia....they enforce it when they have the mood for it.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
its illegal la......but as usual in malaysia....they enforce it when they have the mood for it.
Yup, is illegal in Malaysia. I can't brain the reason behind it as well. CF suppose to be better but dunno why it is illegal.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
strength wise... CF is better ONLY if properly made (i.e. F1 level of properly made)....here mostly are fiberglass with a layer of CF only.

that makes the OEM metal parts stronger in an accident.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
strength wise... CF is better ONLY if properly made (i.e. F1 level of properly made)....here mostly are fiberglass with a layer of CF only.

that makes the OEM metal parts stronger in an accident.
But how to actually check the quality of CF? I heard some companies can custom make for u. But quality wise is the question but then some said price wise base on material and quality.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
But how to actually check the quality of CF? I heard some companies can custom make for u. But quality wise is the question but then some said price wise base on material and quality.
Dry carbon is the one u want. Not the one with lacquer on it.
Lacquer one is just used to stick on it. Dry one is vacumm process.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
no idea.... but heres a sample of an original Js Racing CF hood for EK

notice how the light shines through it? most here is just fiberglass with a layer of CF as i mentioned earlier....so no light shining through..

a friend of mine has a taiwan CF hood... and that hood....eeerrr.... bends abit when it gets hot

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
no idea.... but heres a sample of an original Js Racing CF hood for EK

notice how the light shines through it? most here is just fiberglass with a layer of CF as i mentioned earlier....so no light shining through..

a friend of mine has a taiwan CF hood... and that hood....eeerrr.... bends abit when it gets hot
So the area where the light can shine through is fiberglass correct as per your photo? Seems can see some light in the photo

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
So the area where the light can shine through is fiberglass correct as per your photo? Seems can see some light in the photo
Where can i find this for mine eh?:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Where can i find this for mine eh?:biggrin:
I'm also looking around for real ones. Also wanted to know the price once found. In ebay, is just too costly to import it over from the US.

Some shops a friend say there is one in Sunway custom make carbon fibre parts. Quality I'm not sure. Seems based on material and quality.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
I'm also looking around for real ones. Also wanted to know the price once found. In ebay, is just too costly to import it over from the US.

Some shops a friend say there is one in Sunway custom make carbon fibre parts. Quality I'm not sure. Seems based on material and quality.
Oh man... i've spent too much for my celica and currently i can see holes in my wallet..seriously..
REAL HOLES!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dòng Miracle Series c?a Q-Smart l?i ti?p t?c lÃ*m th? tru?ng smartphone sôi d?ng v?i 1 model có c?u hình kh?ng nh?t phân khúc quanh 4,5 tri?u: Q mobile Miracle Mach. Du?c kì v?ng s? tr? thÃ*nh "C? máy chi?n game", Mach du?c uu ái nh?ng gì t?t nh?t có th? trong c?u hình. Nh?ng tr?i nghi?m Mach dem l?i th?m chÃ* s? lÃ*m nh?ng model 9tr - 10tr c?a các thuong hi?u qu?c t? HTC, Samsung...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience