Carbon Fibre; How to Hide it?

Swifterific

Jan 21, 2014
Whuut all deleted? D:

Anyways. Me being in KL pun taktau mana nak carik parts for my car. Im still very much a noob streetwise. Sigh. I need to start exploring.

Whuut all deleted? D:

Anyways. Me being in KL pun taktau mana nak carik parts for my car. Im still very much a noob streetwise. Sigh. I need to start exploring.
Once awhile dbkl will come. Get use to it :rofl:

I thought you are only looking for cf parts for your fenders? CF Parts i also not sure where to find, only come across Racecraft or I just tried google around. But they do say there is one shop that do custom CF in Sunway. Maybe u just check around the area or google 1st.

What to do, suddenly all deleted without warning.

BTW, I know one EG6 owner told me that he bought his CF hood 2nd hand and it costs him 1k for it. Seems expensive even for 2nd hand. It looks nice though.

I think they will stock common cars used for mod and mostly are the bonnet and boot cover only....

Ya performance cars especially. That's why my jetta only overseas can find a lot. But last time i found one before. Now dun see it anywhere on the net.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

BTW, I know one EG6 owner told me that he bought his CF hood 2nd hand and it costs him 1k for it. Seems expensive even for 2nd hand. It looks nice though.
If good condition and is ori cf, i dont mind at all. Since the new one is gonna cost so much.

Swifterific

Jan 21, 2014

amongst other things. CF fenders, B-crews air box grill set (did some googling and voxmotorsport is selling, but its in johor. i emailed them but got no reply ): and other little stuffs.

walao 2nd hand 1k. brand new 2.5k? so expensive.... :argh:

no fenders? :bawling:

Next time I might need to see whether got cf bonet or not for Wira or Evo 3.

Ya performance cars especially. That's why my jetta only overseas can find a lot. But last time i found one before. Now dun see it anywhere on the net.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

If good condition and is ori cf, i dont mind at all. Since the new one is gonna cost so much.
If it is less than half the price of a new one, then should be okay. Things like this don't have mechanical or electronic parts in it also, so if everything is ok, then should be fine.

amongst other things. CF fenders, B-crews air box grill set (did some googling and voxmotorsport is selling, but its in johor. i emailed them but got no reply ): and other little stuffs.

no fenders? :bawling:
Brand new I don't know... I'll show a closeup pic of that bonet here.

Importers also keep up with the time. Of course they will stock the newer models as the old model dies off. Old model probably have to find who is keeping in stock for the last couple of years...lol
Like that day, Hyundai radiator leak, went and check say top cover need to change. He check his stock and found one, coated with thick dust. Say is last one, next round also no more....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Next time I might need to see whether got cf bonet or not for Wira or Evo 3.

If it is less than half the price of a new one, then should be okay. Things like this don't have mechanical or electronic parts in it also, so if everything is ok, then should be fine.

Brand new I don't know... I'll show a closeup pic of that bonet here.

Your wira, mod power first, forget the CF lah!

Sure is original CF, why he install with poor quality bonnet lock?

Importers also keep up with the time. Of course they will stock the newer models as the old model dies off. Old model probably have to find who is keeping in stock for the last couple of years...lol
Like that day, Hyundai radiator leak, went and check say top cover need to change. He check his stock and found one, coated with thick dust. Say is last one, next round also no more....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Your wira, mod power first, forget the CF lah!

Sure is original CF, why he install with poor quality bonnet lock?
You can find other suppliers for the radiator if your current one don't have. Besides, radiator from other cars can't be used?

Haha, true, for the price of CF hood, can get camshaft already.

That bonnet lock I also don't know why. But this EG looks serious. Rear seats and interior trim all stripped off until bare metal. I've ride on it before, the car feels extremely bumpy. Roads that looked like normal also can feel bump. I've never tried driving it but I did try to press the clutch and it feels very heavy.

The minute you start talking about carbon fibre expect the price to be no less than RM900. And RM900 is friend-friend price for a really badly beat up piece of CF. Unless it's not really CF then that's a different story.

Last time I asked a carbon Kevlar hood for my Wira it was RM1450 promo price. OEM design, matt greenish CF colour and very light. I would have bought it if I hadn't sold the car.

I wouldn't bother with fenders because 9/10 times the original fenders are equally as light as the CF version. Unless you're just looking to cf the panels only for the sake of cf.

But that's me, I prefer functionality over looks.

You can find other suppliers for the radiator if your current one don't have. Besides, radiator from other cars can't be used?

Haha, true, for the price of CF hood, can get camshaft already.

That bonnet lock I also don't know why. But this EG looks serious. Rear seats and interior trim all stripped off until bare metal. I've ride on it before, the car feels extremely bumpy. Roads that looked like normal also can feel bump. I've never tried driving it but I did try to press the clutch and it feels very heavy.
Yes, if you can find one that fits, then the issue of where the top and bottom hoses are. For me is radiator repair means changing the top cover only and that needs same parts.

Probably CF hood to lighten the car. Is it used for track, since interior is stripped?

Yes, if you can find one that fits, then the issue of where the top and bottom hoses are. For me is radiator repair means changing the top cover only and that needs same parts.

Probably CF hood to lighten the car. Is it used for track, since interior is stripped?
So you retain the old radiator also.

That car is road legal. He said he usually use it for touge or outskirts driving. Owner also said his car emphasizes more on handling than power which is why I feel that the suspension is very very stiff. His engine mostly stock according to him. Only mod exhaust, 4-2-1 extractor and air filter in carbon box. B18C non type-R.

Swifterific

Jan 21, 2014
The minute you start talking about carbon fibre expect the price to be no less than RM900. And RM900 is friend-friend price for a really badly beat up piece of CF. Unless it's not really CF then that's a different story.

Last time I asked a carbon Kevlar hood for my Wira it was RM1450 promo price. OEM design, matt greenish CF colour and very light. I would have bought it if I hadn't sold the car.

I wouldn't bother with fenders because 9/10 times the original fenders are equally as light as the CF version. Unless you're just looking to cf the panels only for the sake of cf.

But that's me, I prefer functionality over looks.
Yeah i know. i've been looking around and the cheapest are 1300. And im not even sure its real CF.

Aw man really? I thought i could at least shave off 5 or 6kg of weight from my car. Cant afford to not have the emergency tire, got many cases of punctured tires already. :rofl: Then i wont waste money on CF then. Sorry for the noob-ish input guys. Still a lot to learn.

Agree wholeheartedly on function over form. IMO its better for people to not know your car can perform rather than looking like it can perform. :biggrin:

Yeah i know. i've been looking around and the cheapest are 1300. And im not even sure its real CF.

Aw man really? I thought i could at least shave off 5 or 6kg of weight from my car. Cant afford to not have the emergency tire, got many cases of punctured tires already. :rofl: Then i wont waste money on CF then. Sorry for the noob-ish input guys. Still a lot to learn.

Agree wholeheartedly on function over form. IMO its better for people to not know your car can perform rather than looking like it can perform. :biggrin:
The fenders probably won't be worth the swap out. But the hood - that's a different story. But I've never really paid attention to the Swift hood weight before, nowadays SIL doesn't drive her Swift out anymore so can't judge the weight. On my old Wira however that was quite significant in weight difference. Maybe if you can afford the hood - it might help lighten the front and help with car balance? I dunno man. If you want the real deal, best to stick with reputable names like Racecraft. What they say is if after you lift the CF piece in the sun and can see through, it's not real? Or was it the other way around. Forgot man.

Losing own weight is easier and cheaper. By shaving off own weight by 6-5kg makes a difference :rofl:

The fenders probably won't be worth the swap out. But the hood - that's a different story. But I've never really paid attention to the Swift hood weight before, nowadays SIL doesn't drive her Swift out anymore so can't judge the weight. On my old Wira however that was quite significant in weight difference. Maybe if you can afford the hood - it might help lighten the front and help with car balance? I dunno man. If you want the real deal, best to stick with reputable names like Racecraft. What they say is if after you lift the CF piece in the sun and can see through, it's not real? Or was it the other way around. Forgot man.
They say if can see through means is not pure CF. If can't see thru only is real cf

So you retain the old radiator also.

That car is road legal. He said he usually use it for touge or outskirts driving. Owner also said his car emphasizes more on handling than power which is why I feel that the suspension is very very stiff. His engine mostly stock according to him. Only mod exhaust, 4-2-1 extractor and air filter in carbon box. B18C non type-R.
Normally can repair will do repair first. If cannot then only change.

Wah! but bare inside, means front 2 seats only?

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Losing own weight is easier and cheaper. By shaving off own weight by 6-5kg makes a difference :rofl:

They say if can see through means is not pure CF. If can't see thru only is real cf
Looks who talking......faster cabut.......:vroam:

Swifterific

Jan 21, 2014
Okay then. thank you for the advice man. I'll keep my eyes away from CF for now as im sure Racecraft's parts are expensive :argh: here's a completely unrelated question; why did you sell your car?

haiyaa im already underweight as it is. when i sit in my car the suspension dont even budge meh. :rofl:

Normally can repair will do repair first. If cannot then only change.

Wah! but bare inside, means front 2 seats only?

Ah, yea. Only front got seats. Surprisingly the steering and gearstick are still Honda ones. Seats are Recaro though. I'll show a pic of the rear. Interesting, but don't know JPJ allow or not. This sort of weight saving method seems more effective than CF parts. :biggrin:

Okay then. thank you for the advice man. I'll keep my eyes away from CF for now as im sure Racecraft's parts are expensive :argh: here's a completely unrelated question; why did you sell your car?

haiyaa im already underweight as it is. when i sit in my car the suspension dont even budge meh. :rofl:
Eh, your car is what car again?

Swifterific

Jan 21, 2014
Ah, yea. Only front got seats. Surprisingly the steering and gearstick are still Honda ones. Seats are Recaro though. I'll show a pic of the rear. Interesting, but don't know JPJ allow or not. This sort of weight saving method seems more effective than CF parts. :biggrin:

Eh, your car is what car again?
Suzuki swift onlyyy :biggrin:

While many manufacturers are trying to squeeze every last drop of fuel out of their machines, one of the simplest methods to do so has always been overlooked, until now that is. Goodyear has just launched it’s the latest tyre from its Assurance line, the Assurance Fuel Max, that provides for reduced rolling resistance for fuel savings and...