WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
One time my vacuum hose to waste gate broke and the boost went pass 1.1. The power was great but at higher end coughs, means lack of fuel. After repair the hose back to 0.6, have thought of pushing it slightly higher, but mechanic say engine too old better just leave it at standard. Go and squeeze a little more later get big bill....hhahhahhaha:biggrin:

No wonder :biggrin::biggrin:

From a turbo otai that I used to know say "Boost neber enuf one..., always add boost, add, add,,,until kaboom".
He later went back NA.

End of the story.

From a turbo otai that I used to know say "Boost neber enuf one..., always add boost, add, add,,,until kaboom".
He later went back NA.

End of the story.

N/A also nice, imagine the engine screams at 9000 rev ... It's like having xxx with a very excited woman to the utmost climax ... :biggrin:

N/A also nice, imagine the engine screams at 9000 rev ... It's like having xxx with a very excited woman to the utmost climax ... :biggrin:

i would say having a screaming boosted ride rev to 9000 rpm is the better one than screaming na :driver: :rofl:

speaking like a pro about women, eh?? :biggrin:

Teach me, teach me....I am noobie la...

i would say having a screaming boosted ride rev to 9000 rpm is the better one than screaming na :driver: :rofl:

Hahaha, there are many videos of such highly modded Evos that revs way over the tacho numbers until reaching those AYC/ACD indicator lights, so already reaching 10-12k rpms or something. Real crazy stuff.

As a kid, i really liked the IV looks and aura it carries by just looking at it. Most likely my views were influenced by the very popular Initial D Emperor's Evo IV, which has a "monster" sticker on its hood. And also from Jackie Chan's movie in 1996, "Who Am I". CT9A gen are nice, i really like the VIII front look, especially the diamond logo embeded on the front bumper itself. 9 has never crossed my mind due to its toned down looks for cooling and aerodynamics.

I agree with you on the Jackie Chan's movie part. I liked the Evo IV in that movie too. Back then when I watched the movie, I was still quite young. Haven't even started schooling yet.

Boosted high revs like these:

[youtube]tB2p1NRvo_I[/youtube]

[youtube]IYaqskg3Wh0[/youtube]

Last edited:
I'm personally a fan of the earlier generation Evos. Evo 1 and 3. The Wiralution and the upgraded wiralution. Hehehe. They were lighter and simpler. No active yaw, just a clever LSD, 4WD and loads of power.

And the look on the face of JPJ officers when they stop you thinking you have a convert only to realise it's the real deal is pricelss. :lol:

I'm personally a fan of the earlier generation Evos. Evo 1 and 3. The Wiralution and the upgraded wiralution. Hehehe. They were lighter and simpler. No active yaw, just a clever LSD, 4WD and loads of power.

And the look on the face of JPJ officers when they stop you thinking you have a convert only to realise it's the real deal is pricelss. :lol:

EVO 1-3s are pretty much RAW, simple mechanical awesomeness :biggrin:
Maybe I should go AWD =x

true. Just put an Evo I next to Evo X....and see how much the model grow (and becoming bulkier). and see how much they weight

Well, it's not just Evo for this case. Accord, Civic, Beemers, etc all show such development

But getting too old, is just next to grandpa VR so is 20 years already....:rolleyes:

Ya but ultra rare now to find. Those available on sale are offered at the same prices as Evo VI or even VII! :banghead:

When you got stopped too often then the amusement is gone and becomes annoyance! :smokin:

Boosted high revs like these:

[youtube]tB2p1NRvo_I[/youtube]

[youtube]IYaqskg3Wh0[/youtube]

A bit miss of my friend VR4 that can rev till 9,000 rpm after watch this video..:smokin:

Ya but ultra rare now to find. Those available on sale are offered at the same prices as Evo VI or even VII! :banghead:

When you got stopped too often then the amusement is gone and becomes annoyance! :smokin:

Yah! second line is very true. I rather they do not stop me.....hhahahhahah:rofl:

It wont be an annoyance if the police stop you to admire and ask about the Evo.

"Boss, kasi tekan minyak sikit. Saya mau dengar itu exhaust bunyi, sama itu bunyi kepish, kepish....""

It wont be an annoyance if the police stop you to admire and ask about the Evo.

"Boss, kasi tekan minyak sikit. Saya mau dengar itu exhaust bunyi, sama itu bunyi kepish, kepish....""

hahhahahhahahhahahhahaha.......... that was exactly what the policeman ask me to do one time when they stop me. Ask me, you know what is speed limit? I say yes, 90kph. You were doing 106kph so I say got bus, need to overtake to come in. He inspect my car then ask VR engine, I say yes, then ask me to do what you said above.....lol, After that he let me go, made his day I suppose......hhahahhahah:rofl:

Hahaha its because of the spooling noise ? I would enjoy the pure N/A sound, eventhough it might be slower.

speaking like a pro about women, eh?? :biggrin:

Teach me, teach me....I am noobie la...

Everyone can be pro, just need practice the right ways. :rofl:.

Top Bottom