3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
nobody loves the FB?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Well its definitely a car I'd very much like to own but lack of knowledge was a huge deterrent plus I've done RB20, RB25, RB26 and RB28 so having to learn about rotary engines from scratch will take time I guess. Plus, I'd have to find a workshop I'd be comfortable with etc. We'll see how it goes.

heavenz

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
zane al,
For your information rx7 in racing mode cost rm0.60 per km still depending on which setting and fuel pump but unlikely to hit rm1 per km
Maintenance is nowhere near BMW and its as cheap as any local car except for some parts which are rare.
You do not see any fast rx's on the highway because the car is rare here where u hardly even see a rx7 on the road. And for true enthusiast they seldom go racing on the road, btw its stated that top speed is around 260 km/h and unless you do not consider that as fast.
Do not just jump in and condemn on cars which u basically have zero knowledge about. Thanks.

PIMPIN,
Rx7 can reach 230 in a very short time and have a top speed of 260 but the cons are already stated by alchemis. And i do not think revving the engine 7k consistently all along the highway is healthy for any engine as the rotating parts and the pistons moving are way too fast to be maintain all the way.
Another point rx7 its not a very good top speed car because of the weight compare to uh, lets say gtr or supra and maybe fairlady 300zx. Yes it definately can reach or go as fast as them to 260 but when u reach 260 you can feel that the car is very light but anything around 240 the car is still stable.
Yes indeed its a very good weekend car but if u want to drive it kl to jb frequently you have to check your engine and all the hoses.

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
R35 GTR - Top speed cruise monster. Effortless. Souless

Supra - Old school muscle car. Minimal effort = F*&CKing unfair power output. Reliable. Drives like a cow

NSX - athletic, light, rare, Beautiful. Still Japan's only TRUE supercar. Expensive to maintain, ideally sell a kidney.

RX7 - Agile, sublime balance and handling, Gorgeous body. Your dad better be ownin' a petrol station. If he did; you'd probably be driving a porsche anyways.

adamckc

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
for once, one ordinary guy had driven effini from melaka toll to jb toll took 1 hour 3 min.. means the mean speed abt 200km/ hour mostly rev around 4.5k, come back after 4 hours, took 1 hour 5 min. . thrashing all the cars along the way..

after that found some unimportant plastic parts enclosing the wire cable above spark site melted like oil(mech say not matter ), and the HKS spark plug dying like old man.. initial 20 km burn the clutch disc with speed till it give some smell(still continue after checking a little at engine, and the smell disappear).. other than that it fly like a bird. .

PIMPIN,
Rx7 can reach 230 in a very short time and have a top speed of 260 but the cons are already stated by alchemis. And i do not think revving the engine 7k consistently all along the highway is healthy for any engine as the rotating parts and the pistons moving are way too fast to be maintain all the way.
Another point rx7 its not a very good top speed car because of the weight compare to uh, lets say gtr or supra and maybe fairlady 300zx. Yes it definately can reach or go as fast as them to 260 but when u reach 260 you can feel that the car is very light but anything around 240 the car is still stable.
Yes indeed its a very good weekend car but if u want to drive it kl to jb frequently you have to check your engine and all the hoses.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
like eugene mentioned, the fd is a balanced car. hopefully the new addition does justice.

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Supra - Old school muscle car. Minimal effort = F*&CKing unfair power output. Reliable. Drives like a cow
LOLOLOL.... ^Cow. Its not that bad really. Just the weight and size of the car may make it difficult. Also, this Cow has amazingly powerful brakes. Straight line braking capability is better than most sports cars of its class - including Porsches.

R35 GTR - Top speed cruise monster. Effortless. Souless
Heeeey now.... It's Godzilla we're talking about. And I wouldn't call driving this thing effortless unless on an empty highway. In all fairness, trying to drive fast on tight roads takes a lot of effort with this car. Again, the weakness is the weight.

anand raj

Known Member
Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi there want to get some advice, its a 13b webber engine wht u guys think, is it a problem type engine or can be maintained well? As far i get news is they ask me to chg to fc engine due to carburetor problems is it true? And i wan to use as a daily car to drive my office around 20 km like tht please advice guys, thanks

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
anand raj: rx7 can be a daily drive. BUT I don't recommend it.

Rock Lee

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
because petrol punya pasal!

Devil_Z RX

Jun 6, 2011
Seremban
Hi..
Im still new with the rotary engine, so i want to ask the otai2 here about sumthing regarding rx7. What is the best rpm reading when in idle mode for rx7? cuz i saw one of this rx7 which in idle mode is 1500rpm, is it normal or not for the rotary engine?

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
not normal... it supposed to be 900 rpm.. maxed 1100 rpm...
probably it's tuned at 1500 rpm because they can't get the 900 rpm correct...it probably hunting at 900 rpm... due to tuning, due to manifold bleed, spark plugs too cold, vacuum leak... and worst of all.. low compression

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience