Rotary Engine by Knichi Yamamoto (PDF)

zantezuken

Mar 3, 2009
Selangor
Hi All,

I'm a rx-7 fan here and I've found this useful guide book from the net (I forgot where). I'm not sure this guide book has been posted before or not. But just to share here with all of you RE fans about this book. This book should be published long long time ago (Year 1971 if not mistaken), but I found out that it gives very good basic understandings, but I still have lots of thing that I don't understand and need to learn. Anyway, hope when you all finish reading this PDF will have discussion here to share with everyone else =).

Little info about Kenechi Yamamoto:
Kenichi Yamamoto is the chief of the RE research department, he played a key role in developing Mazda's rotary engine. Later served as President and then Chairman of the company.
More info about him can be found at http://www.mazda.com/mazdaspirit/rotary/story/p2.html

Download link:
Rotary Engine by Kenichi Yamamoto
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LZ56IXWY (3.41mb)

Last edited:

Ry0suke

Known Member
May 6, 2008
Wow thanks for the upload^^

zantezuken

Mar 3, 2009
Selangor
You are most welcome. Hope sharing will allow us all to learn more from each other ^^

zantezuken

Mar 3, 2009
Selangor
Hi Blank, glad to know that it's useful to you ^^. Do share us with your point of view after you have read it through =)

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
This is a very old document. The default model of engine described is the NSU-Wankel - includes the Mazda engines from the R100 car. Haha, long before I was born.

What's interesting is that even in 1971 there was already a prototype 4-rotor engine... but it's a massive 1000cc per chamber... wow... Mazda has only used 660cc chambers even in 3 and 4 rotor configurations.

Another interesting fact is that a 4liter 4 rotor engine has almost the same level of HP output per liter as the high compression piston engines from honda and Ferrari but at 6500rpm! Wow... just imagine if we balance and cryogenically treat the parts to get it to rev higher!

But it would drink petrol like mad.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Calling all James Bond fans, here are the top 7 favorite Bond fans selected, come and select yours. (Top to bottom order)

1st. Starting off with this surprising 1964 Aston Martin DB5 in "Goldfinger," 1965. The Aston Martin is a regular favorite in Bond movies. This 60s fighting machine comes with audacious passenger ejection seat, oil slick...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience