FINALLY!! Your reliable source for all your rotary needs...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

3riple-D

Greetings ZTHians (especially all rotary/wankel kaki’s!),

Firstly, just a quick introduction of my humble self. The name’s Edwin, involved a little bit in motorsports (drag racing) and a supplier for used engines and parts (mostly exporting to overseas).

I have been a major fan of rotary engines myself for years but never really had a chance to dwell in one as what we all know, the rotary market and resources are quite bad here in Malaysia.

So years passed and nothing much happened till one day; I had the best privileged of my entire life to spend a week and a half with the BEST ever rotary experts in the world in Sydney, Australia. They are the PAC PERFORMANCE, National ANDRA record holder for fastest PRO RWD car. 20b triple rotor@1250whp 6.96seconds 1/4 mile.

What happen was I supplied some rotary engines to them and then they invited me to come visit them in Sydney Australia which I did and it was the best time of my life. In the 1 ½ weeks I was with them I had hands on experience and training on rebuilding rotary engines, dynoing, tuning and drag racing! I had the privileged to assist them to complete their 6second MX6 drag car and a 800 horse power 7second RX3 drag car.

I also joined them in Willowbank, Australia where the Aussies have their once in a year largest drag race ever where Pac Performance smash their own record of 7.14seconds and setting a new unexpected record at 6.96s@196mph . Finally breaking the 6second barrier and I had the privilege to witness it! Have a look at some of the pictures below.

me and pac car2.JPG

me and george2.JPG

me and pacmx6 6 second drag car 2.JPG

me and turbosmart_ut and team 2.JPG

me towing pac car2.JPG

They have definitely change my mindset about rotary engines (that rotary engines are not good – cannot ‘tahan’) as they have raced their MX6 1250 horse power drag car with the same 20b engine 24 times and still counting and never had to rebuild it, only changing of oil! Also, some of their customer’s cars which are producing between 600whp to 700whp and running on Mickey Thompson tires are using their cars daily! Instead, they commented that piston cars are only good for towing rotary cars in the drag strip!!

Knowing that we Malaysians have poor resources to rotary related stuffs as they’ve been here to Malaysia themselves and was even at a Drag Battle in sepang which they found the rotary drag cars participating were very upsetting, then with them knowing my own interest in rotaries; they asked me the million dollar question, whether I would like to be their local dealer to cover the whole Asia region…………..

With a sad voice … I humbly declined ……………..

OF COURSE NOT! CRAZY AR? I was more than honored to accept the offer!!

So I would just like to kindly inform all rotary owners out there, we don’t have to live in the dark ages anymore (or in other words, under the coconut shell). Be assured that my aim is not to just make $$$ money, but what I REALLY want to do is to bring the rotary class to a status equivalent or HIGHER than the piston engines in Malaysia. In Australia and the USA, rotaries are the kings of the drag strips … I want to do that here in Malaysia too! ;)

Basically, what PAC PERFORMANCE can supply to us are engine rebuilding kits, plug and play performance products like intercoolers, radiators, turbo kits, etc. and plug and play racing engine packages. The best part about their products is that they are build ready to just PLONK! Into your car and you just DRIVE! For all rotary models, even old models like the RX2,3,4 Everything made easy. Also available are plug and play Microtech systems for all Rotary models which comes pre-tune and with the RBR software so that your air-conditioning system works fine.

Their racing engine packages comes COMPLETE with rebuild, ported and doweled with all new seals, custom turbo manifold, turbo, intercooler and all pipes in aluminium, microtech, blow off, aluminium radiator, upgraded injectors, 4 coil pack, gearbox, long-sub, drag racing rear axles(ford 9inch) …. EVERYTHING! Packages according to horsepower or estimated time on 1/4mile (9sec, 8sec, 7sec… I’m personally in the process of getting a 9sec drag engine package). All you need to do is just install it into your car! Or you can just op for just the engine only, up to you.

Important notice for racing engine packages!! Rotary engines are TOUGH! But they are sensitive beings (like our girlfriends and wives). They need special attention and treatment. Purchasing a racing engine package from Pac Perfomance is not a cash ‘n’ carry deal where you purchase the item and we don’t give a damn about what you are gonna do with it. WE CARE!! NOT YOU!! THE ENGINE!! Before purchasing a package, you have to agree and sign an agreement form that you will follow our DO’s and DON’T DO’s to your engine to ensure that you will REALLY look after your engine … because if you DON’T, we rather not have your money, you can keep it. The same rules & regulations in PAC PERFORMANCE Australia will be applied here.

I will not be doing the installations myself but have appointed qualified workshops to do the job (people who knows what they are doing) but all they will do is just to ‘install’ the stuffs into your car. One of them, some of you might already know is ‘Ah Choy’.

That is all I want to say for now, I will be preparing a catalogue of what is available & prices and post it up here, probably after CNY. In the meantime, interested people can visit the Pac Performance website at http://www.pacperformance.com.au/ . You can even email or call them to verify if whatever I have said is true and legitimate and not just bullshitting.

Just to realize if whether there would be good supports, can interested people just reply in this thread and also voice out your comments, thoughts, ideas, etc..

I am reachable at 012-5120441 or email [email protected] Email or call me for more details and information. We can even discuss on your next 9second rotary drag car :regular_smile:

I hope I have not said anything to offend anyone, my apologies if I did.

LONG LIVE WANKEL ENGINES!!!

welcome to the board. good to have more rotary oriented resources here in malaysia. We've got 1 excellent rotary engine builder - Kajang Auto Werks and hopefully you'll be able to tell us a little more on the price structure of your engines.

Last edited:
Sounds GOOD to me!! thanks for the hard work man. yeap....let us know about the pricing and the parts we can get. I'm pretty sure there are things that I would love to have!

Great to hear this, now we have more resources for RE parts.
Dont suppose those fellas build Drift Specific cars do they? :regular_smile:

SideWaysGrey said:
Great to hear this, now we have more resources for RE parts.
Dont suppose those fellas build Drift Specific cars do they? :regular_smile:

Very interesting for you to ask this as not too long ago George (one of the brothers in PAC) told me they are going to venture into rotary drifting!

GUESS YOU"RE IN LUCK MATE!!! :regular_smile:

Well thats freaking awesome..Congrats and I do wish you the best of luck on your future endevours..woohoo..hopefully the pricing is right and reasonable..Not that i'm accusing you of anything...

They have definitely change my mindset about rotary engines (that rotary engines are not good – cannot ‘tahan’) as they have raced their MX6 1250 horse power drag car with the same 20b engine 24 times and still counting and never had to rebuild it, only changing of oil! Also, some of their customer’s cars which are producing between 600whp to 700whp and running on Mickey Thompson tires are using their cars daily! Instead, they commented that piston cars are only good for towing rotary cars in the drag strip!!

man..that totally blows the theory of rotaries not being reliable out of the water..you disbelievers!! HAH..eat that..yeah you know who you are!!

heh...sorry got carried away..

its always excellent to have rotary specific outlets and expertise. hopefully you can make it for next meet and brief us on the latest offerings and share some stories of your 6 sec pass in australia.

You look handsome Edwin. By the way, did you mistaken typed your age at your profile?

BabyS2K said:
You look handsome Edwin. By the way, did you mistaken typed your age at your profile?

hahah u reading bout rotary or tengah tengok orang :P

hey dude,great work on those cars hahah mmg terrer le you..go aussie learn all this come back here..to serve our country :D

btw,any items for our RX-8's?
speedcut ka,apa cut ka

HEY PPL!!

I'm back and have some updates for you all.

This might be VERY good news to some of you but maybe not so good news to some but just hear me out.

For the past 2 weeks i have been in discussion with ROCKY (the eldest brother) of how we're gonna go about implementing and bringing in their rotary technology here into Malaysia.

Rocky has expressed his 'fears' of supplying us with rebuilt engines and engine packages because he was afraid that we do not have the capability to install and tune it to perfection here. I totally understand where he is coming from and we all know ourselves that ROTARY engines need 'EXTRA' ' EXTRA' SPECIAL care and attention when it comes to installting and especially the tuniing. Rocky was also simply just wanting to protect their reputation because for example if someone orders an engine from them and breaks it because of their own negligence but pushes the blame back to Pac Performance saying that the engine was crap ... then we have a very big issue here. You guys know what i mean right? We don't want this kinda crap to happen ............ SO..............

This is the good part;
We can go ahead to order complete engine packages from them, WHOLE complete packages from engine to transmissions to custom 3inch drive shafts, 9inch axle, turbo, ecu, intercooler, radiator ... EVERYTHING as a complete package. Everything is plug and play so it's a simple installation. After that ........... *drum rolls* .... the PAC PERFORMANCE team has agreed to come down to MALAYSIA again to complete the installation and TUNING!!! At no extra chargers!!!

Yes people, to me this is a dream come true. this is finally your chance to get things done right.

This is the plan:-
a) we get our engine packages here to Malaysia
b) we get it installed to about 80% of the work done
c) the Pac team will come down and complete the installtion and Rocky (Rocky is one of the best or maybe even the best Microtech tuner in the world) will personally be down as well to tune your car to perfection

Sounds good??

Now i need to know how many people is interested in this? I think to make it all worth while we need at least 5 cars to get this project started. We have to set a date whereby when our cars are done it'll just be in time for a Sepang Drag Battle, then all of us INCLUDING the Pac team will go down to Sepang and FINALLY show all Malaysians out there the true power and glory of a wankel engine!

I do not have any comfirm prices yet, they are still compiling it for me but George (the 2nd brother, the driver) has mention to me that a street reliable setup with street tires that will comfortably run between low 10s to high 9s will come up to between 15,000 to 20,000 Aussie Dollars for all the best stuffs you can possible get which are basically;
a) complete rebuilt and ported 2 rotor engine
b) custom aluminium radiator and all piping
c) turbo kit (custom manifold and Garrett BB turbo)
d) front mount intercooler with all pipe work
e) new aftermarket coils
f) supra 5speed gearbox
g) 3inch custom made drive shaft (a.k.a. long sub/shaft)
h) 9inch rear axle
i) MT street racing tires
j) Microtech computer
k) complete with TURBOSMART wastegate and blow off
AND much more i also cannot remember.........
I personally have known people here in Malaysia who have spent 2 to 3 times that amount and in the end have a FAILED project!! It's so frustrating and dissapointing. I know a guy in Johor i dun wan to mention his name, who has travelled from Singapore to JB to 3 different shops in KL but still cannot get what he wants. He has blown more than 3-4 engines and his final results after all his pain is a raotary drag car that is only producing 300hp .... OUCH!!!

George also mention that the BEST car to be using for this setup is the 89-92 SAVANNAH RX7! So those of you driving one ... you're lucky. But those who are not, don't worry ... you still can join the party!!

And one last thing, i have checked and IT IS possible to IMPORT a WHOLE CAR for motorsports purposes into Malaysia, no tax needed to pay, you will just have to bring the car to the port every year to get your license renewed OR after 1 year, pay a minimal of 30% tax and you keep the car here forever but no road tax, only motorsports usage. So George has also asked if there is ANYBODY IN MALAYSIA interested to IMPORT a WHOLE DRAG CAR (7secs? 8secs? up to you) into Malaysia?? The car's though they are drag cars, look's SO beautiful that they can be put on display as show cars as well. Go to their website at www.pacperformance.com.au to see some of their customer's cars.

Okay, this is all for now ... by next week I'll be updating you guys with confirm prices on plug and play products and also engine packages.

Till then .... LONG LIVE WANKEL ENGINES!!!!!

Thanks and regards,
Edwin

p/s: while waiting for confirm prices, can those who are interested just give me a show of hands of who might want to get into this project? thank you ;)

Last edited:
yerr nice dude Edwin
but ar..why Rocky and George fellow pac performance taiko honcho's not planning a SE3P RX-8 Renesis dragggooo car?
supa powa 13B-MSP draggo engineeee-des?

a bit like kecewa di hati la,i there rx8 nobody wanna do drag car meh?

3riple-D,

What about lose parts or stuff like complete engine rebuilding parts?

It would be nice if we are able to buy complete engine rebuilding parts off the shelf.....

jasonlel said:
3riple-D,

What about lose parts or stuff like complete engine rebuilding parts?

It would be nice if we are able to buy complete engine rebuilding parts off the shelf.....
Yeah, I'm curious as to the availability of loose parts such as rebuild kits and rotor/side housings and other odd bits here and there.

Cheers

hey there diablo,

there is a team in the USA in the process of building an RX8 drag car with a 20b engine.

If you want to turn your RX8 into a full drag car no problem .... but are you willing to do it? not only financially wise but also to strip and mutilate your beautiful car.

Regarding loose parts, yes there are loose parts and i'm going to post it up here to with the prices. They are so busy racing every week that they couldn't prepare me a prce list yet. Promise to post it up once i've got it.

cheers.

- D i a b l o - said:
yerr nice dude Edwin
but ar..why Rocky and George fellow pac performance taiko honcho's not planning a SE3P RX-8 Renesis dragggooo car?
supa powa 13B-MSP draggo engineeee-des?

a bit like kecewa di hati la,i there rx8 nobody wanna do drag car meh?

lol not a drag car nah its ok dude..haha
20b eh? thats why..no renesis's?
anyway right dude,ill wait for the loose part prices

Sorry to burst your bubble...

Firstly I commend you on your efforts and enthusiasm with the rotary engine and providing a solution to the lack of knowledge and resources here in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:country-region></st1:place>. This too was my goal but I have had limited success for a number of reasons which sadly I have come to realize are all beyond my control. If I may I would like to elaborate on my findings and provide my opinion as follows - I apologise ahead of time if some of you may be offended by my comments...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
In my 4 years personal experience with RE (1995 FD RX-7) ownership and total 10 years rotary experience which started in Australia plus 5 years interaction with RE owners here including comments from some pretend RE builders in the workshop scene I have come to realise the following.<o:p></o:p>
There are many, but two main problems with the rotary engine's success in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:country-region></st1:place>. Firstly the lack of knowledge/skill in RE rebuilding by local mechanics (not entirely their fault) is well understood but more importantly the lack of funds of the RE owner wherein most RX-7 owners prefer to spend their (perhaps) limited funds on aesthetics rather than building a good & reliable engine. <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:country-region></st1:place> has a culture of chop-shop replacement parts to save cost over new parts and this includes chop-shop engine versus rebuild existing with new parts. Afterall an engine kosong is most often cheaper than a rebuild done properly which is even more clearly seen from your PAC engine pricing. Why else would chop-shops throughout <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:country-region></st1:place> be so prevalent and successful.<o:p></o:p>
Even if most RE owners spent all their funds on the engine alone most (IMO) cannot afford the PAC Performance engine cost at around RM60,000!! Holy sh*t that cost is at least 75% the value of their car. There is no doubt in my mind that they (PAC) are exceptional at building performance rotary engines (after all the Aussies build some of the best rotary engine in the world). I am also sure they are on par or better than the RotorMaster in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Sydney</st1:City></st1:place>.<o:p></o:p>
Therefore in my opinion you will be hard pressed to find a good handful of RE owners as you need to kick this off, i.e. that can afford to spend the money necessary to own a PAC Performance engine. This is further supported by the fact that the Ringgit is very small compared to most other currencies. The Ringgit has depreciated against the Aussie dollar from $AUD1.00 to RM1.70 in 2001 where today it is a HUGE RM2.80!! However, should I be wrong then good luck to you and I wish you all the best in your RE endeavours!<o:p></o:p>
Now some of you may think I am blowing my trumpet and well you are right. However, I believe I have the personal experience to back it all up...8-) Comments most welcome…<o:p></o:p>
Finally...a word of advice to you Edwin - most owners think RM5,000 is a lot of money to spend building an engine...hence to jump from this RM5,000 to RM60,000 is a HUGE and unthinkable jump:confused_smile: . How do I know this?? – because I have built in excess of 15 engines here in KL for RE owners, workshops in Sunway and also <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Singapore</st1:country-region></st1:place>…at or around RM5,000. Of course these engines are not as good as PAC but they are the best that can be achieved at the price point and definitely far superior to other local builds including those from our friend out in Subang by a mile at least!<o:p></o:p>
All of you out there in ZTH (RE owners) please speak up and tell me how much you would be willing to pay for a reliable rebuild from PAC performance or similar Australian source…perhaps this can help Edwin source a suitable build specification from PAC and save him from disappointment.

Best regards to ALL,
Glen :shades_smile:

3riple-D said:
HEY PPL!!

I'm back and have some updates for you all.

This might be VERY good news to some of you but maybe not so good news to some but just hear me out.

For the past 2 weeks i have been in discussion with ROCKY (the eldest brother) of how we're gonna go about implementing and bringing in their rotary technology here into Malaysia.

Rocky has expressed his 'fears' of supplying us with rebuilt engines and engine packages because he was afraid that we do not have the capability to install and tune it to perfection here. I totally understand where he is coming from and we all know ourselves that ROTARY engines need 'EXTRA' ' EXTRA' SPECIAL care and attention when it comes to installting and especially the tuniing. Rocky was also simply just wanting to protect their reputation because for example if someone orders an engine from them and breaks it because of their own negligence but pushes the blame back to Pac Performance saying that the engine was crap ... then we have a very big issue here. You guys know what i mean right? We don't want this kinda crap to happen ............ SO..............

This is the good part;
We can go ahead to order complete engine packages from them, WHOLE complete packages from engine to transmissions to custom 3inch drive shafts, 9inch axle, turbo, ecu, intercooler, radiator ... EVERYTHING as a complete package. Everything is plug and play so it's a simple installation. After that ........... *drum rolls* .... the PAC PERFORMANCE team has agreed to come down to MALAYSIA again to complete the installation and TUNING!!! At no extra chargers!!!

Yes people, to me this is a dream come true. this is finally your chance to get things done right.

This is the plan:-
a) we get our engine packages here to Malaysia
b) we get it installed to about 80% of the work done
c) the Pac team will come down and complete the installtion and Rocky (Rocky is one of the best or maybe even the best Microtech tuner in the world) will personally be down as well to tune your car to perfection

Sounds good??

Now i need to know how many people is interested in this? I think to make it all worth while we need at least 5 cars to get this project started. We have to set a date whereby when our cars are done it'll just be in time for a Sepang Drag Battle, then all of us INCLUDING the Pac team will go down to Sepang and FINALLY show all Malaysians out there the true power and glory of a wankel engine!

I do not have any comfirm prices yet, they are still compiling it for me but George (the 2nd brother, the driver) has mention to me that a street reliable setup with street tires that will comfortably run between low 10s to high 9s will come up to between 15,000 to 20,000 Aussie Dollars for all the best stuffs you can possible get which are basically;
a) complete rebuilt and ported 2 rotor engine
b) custom aluminium radiator and all piping
c) turbo kit (custom manifold and Garrett BB turbo)
d) front mount intercooler with all pipe work
e) new aftermarket coils
f) supra 5speed gearbox
g) 3inch custom made drive shaft (a.k.a. long sub/shaft)
h) 9inch rear axle
i) MT street racing tires
j) Microtech computer
k) complete with TURBOSMART wastegate and blow off
AND much more i also cannot remember.........
I personally have known people here in Malaysia who have spent 2 to 3 times that amount and in the end have a FAILED project!! It's so frustrating and dissapointing. I know a guy in Johor i dun wan to mention his name, who has travelled from Singapore to JB to 3 different shops in KL but still cannot get what he wants. He has blown more than 3-4 engines and his final results after all his pain is a raotary drag car that is only producing 300hp .... OUCH!!!

George also mention that the BEST car to be using for this setup is the 89-92 SAVANNAH RX7! So those of you driving one ... you're lucky. But those who are not, don't worry ... you still can join the party!!

And one last thing, i have checked and IT IS possible to IMPORT a WHOLE CAR for motorsports purposes into Malaysia, no tax needed to pay, you will just have to bring the car to the port every year to get your license renewed OR after 1 year, pay a minimal of 30% tax and you keep the car here forever but no road tax, only motorsports usage. So George has also asked if there is ANYBODY IN MALAYSIA interested to IMPORT a WHOLE DRAG CAR (7secs? 8secs? up to you) into Malaysia?? The car's though they are drag cars, look's SO beautiful that they can be put on display as show cars as well. Go to their website at www.pacperformance.com.au to see some of their customer's cars.

Okay, this is all for now ... by next week I'll be updating you guys with confirm prices on plug and play products and also engine packages.

Till then .... LONG LIVE WANKEL ENGINES!!!!!

Thanks and regards,
Edwin

p/s: while waiting for confirm prices, can those who are interested just give me a show of hands of who might want to get into this project? thank you ;)

i agree 100% to what glen said........ malaysian rotary club or should i even say car enthusiast is not willing to spend $$$ on performance.......all prefer form over function.....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom