NEW SATRIA R3 Topic

• Thread starter shaunchen
  • Start date
  • Replies 243
  • Views 18K
sousuke,

We could have a TT at the end of the week, if everyone's agreeable.

Originally posted by Crash@Jan 10 2005, 15:56
sousuke,

We could have a TT at the end of the week, if everyone's agreeable.
i don't mind...as usuall must know the date,time n place 1st :D

Originally posted by canken2@Jan 10 2005, 16:37
Crash,

may i join you guys? :rolleyes:
welcome anytime bro!

I asked Nazrin of the SGTi club to inform us for any events - Sunday drive, Track Day, so that the we hungry fellas can join them for kicks.

Originally posted by Crash+Jan 10 2005, 17:05 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crash @ Jan 10 2005, 17:05 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-canken2@Jan 10 2005, 16:37
Crash,

welcome anytime bro!

I asked Nazrin of the SGTi club to inform us for any events - Sunday drive, Track Day, so that the we hungry fellas can join them for kicks. [/b][/quote]

just like sousuke mentioned, must know the date,time n place 1st :D

Originally posted by Crash+Jan 10 2005, 17:05 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crash @ Jan 10 2005, 17:05 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-canken2@Jan 10 2005, 16:37
Crash,

welcome anytime bro!

I asked Nazrin of the SGTi club to inform us for any events - Sunday drive, Track Day, so that the we hungry fellas can join them for kicks. [/b][/quote]
yeah...Chandran(one of the GTi guys as well) been telling me to join them for their Sunday drives...met him during the help out of the packing for the tsunami victims...and he's been teasing me since i was the only R3 fellow that came on friday...prozac left me alone! :ph34r:

Aiyo now I feel terrible....but I went last night...nobody around.

TT this weekend ah? Sunday night can or not? I'll be in Penang on assignment the whole weekend.

Oh....yea the cat is out! Did a 0-100 just now with my friend on a nokia timer beside me. Managed 9.17s only. But this time, at least the 2nd gear can reach 100km/h.

There's a USD199 GTech Pro SS which comes together with a shift light. Tempted to buy one actually. Hmm...

How does it feel with the cat out? Nice huh? Much more punchy i think. And the exhaust note is addictive especially at high revs.

USD199 is really tempting. Let's bulk buy! :D

But I'm worried about kastam only. Anyone got lubang to buy stuff from the States?

I think it should be ok with customs. If its via UPS/Fed Ex, customs is usually sorted out.

GTech Pro

It's surprisingly pretty affordable. I'm really tempted actually. It has a shift light too so I don't have to buy a separate one. :D

Originally posted by prozac@Jan 10 2005, 18:35
Aiyo now I feel terrible....but I went last night...nobody around.

TT this weekend ah? Sunday night can or not? I'll be in Penang on assignment the whole weekend.

Oh....yea the cat is out! Did a 0-100 just now with my friend on a nokia timer beside me. Managed 9.17s only. But this time, at least the 2nd gear can reach 100km/h.
nah...its okay man...i couldn't come last nite too...do they have it tonite??...might be a lil too late to post that question huh? :unsure: anyway dun feel bad bout Friday nite...at least i had fun hanging out w/ them :D

Crash, I really wouldn't mind investing in the SS. PM me if you're serious. From the looks of it, it's plug n play and can be removed easily too so you can bring it along with you when you park in dodgy places. Plus we'll save gazillions from having our own "dyno".

Yeah the SGTi guys are a real happening bunch. We should go join their TTs and sunday drives. And I believe each of us already has a link into the club somehow :)

Originally posted by prozac@Jan 10 2005, 20:39
Crash, I really wouldn't mind investing in the SS. PM me if you're serious. From the looks of it, it's plug n play and can be removed easily too so you can bring it along with you when you park in dodgy places. Plus we'll save gazillions from having our own "dyno".

Yeah the SGTi guys are a real happening bunch. We should go join their TTs and sunday drives. And I believe each of us already has a link into the club somehow :)
yeah...but we definately need more R3 owners to join us :D

Originally posted by prozac@Jan 10 2005, 20:39

prozac, let me run through my stash of spare green bucks and see if I have enough to cough up an SS. I think its a useful tool. And I won't need to buy a shift lamp any more.

Will you be going to SIC this Sunday? Bumped into Amin, the R3 engineer and has invited me to go. Will not run my car, but would be nice just to be there.

SR3 fellas, are you game?

Yeah, the SGTi guys are really happening. It's nice to have an active club. I'm planning to set-up a Team SR3 website soon. Just a basic one, with a forum and some info and nice pics. What you guys think? We SHOULD rite?

With the next generation of R3 inevitable, I guess it makes sense.

Was also told about the event this Sunday. But I'll be in Penang doing some assignment on martial arts :( :(

Originally posted by sousuke+Jan 10 2005, 17:20 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sousuke @ Jan 10 2005, 17:20 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Crash@Jan 10 2005, 17:05
<!--QuoteBegin-canken2
@Jan 10 2005, 16:37
Crash,

may i join you guys?  :rolleyes:

welcome anytime bro!

I asked Nazrin of the SGTi club to inform us for any events - Sunday drive, Track Day, so that the we hungry fellas can join them for kicks.
yeah...Chandran(one of the GTi guys as well) been telling me to join them for their Sunday drives...met him during the help out of the packing for the tsunami victims...and he's been teasing me since i was the only R3 fellow that came on friday...prozac left me alone! :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
wow,sunday drive & track day with r3
:)

Originally posted by Crash+Jan 10 2005, 22:15 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crash @ Jan 10 2005, 22:15 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-prozac@Jan 10 2005, 20:39

prozac, let me run through my stash of spare green bucks and see if I have enough to cough up an SS. I think its a useful tool. And I won't need to buy a shift lamp any more.

Will you be going to SIC this Sunday? Bumped into Amin, the R3 engineer and has invited me to go. Will not run my car, but would be nice just to be there.

SR3 fellas, are you game?

Yeah, the SGTi guys are really happening. It's nice to have an active club. I'm planning to set-up a Team SR3 website soon. Just a basic one, with a forum and some info and nice pics. What you guys think? We SHOULD rite? [/b][/quote]
cool...we DEFINATELY need our own site/forum :lol: anyway Sunday sounds interesting...but i'd have to help out my brother put some lightings for his new house :(

Actually I think R3 for RM78k isnt that bad lar considering it has pretty nice rims n tyres, Recaro seats, and some small little improvement. Although some would prefer R3 with better looking interior so that it not just nice from outside, but also inside. But I also think thats its weird somehow for Proton or R3 team to come out with another variation of Satria when there's already a GTi thats not much different. R3 Putra or Wira Sedan is what I would prefer to see coz I think Sedan car has bigger dimension to work with thus allowing more creativity n innovation to produce a special car out of nothing. R3 doesnt produce the kind of anxiety that it once had with the GTi I believe.. it would have capture more attention if it were built around Putra.

Unfortunately there are very few brand new Putra bodyshells left. As I mentioned in another thread, the last batch of re-released Putras only constitute 75 units or so, which is a little too limited; kinda pointless if you want to do R&D on a model which isn't in production anymore, right?

Satrias are still on the production line, at least. Which makes more economical sense. But would I buy an R3 Wira? No thanks. The Satria R3 is for those who want to live the glory days of the GTi without being suckered into the last crop of badly tuned Siemens VDO GTis. And for those who missed their chance then, have it now ;)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom