• Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Your VR is lighter than them. But you are right. For normal daily use, even those 280bhp is more than enough. C200, 320i, E200 and 520i makes lesser power than them and is heavier yet most thinks that their power is adequate.
VR4 is heavy that is why they switch to Lancer for Rally

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm to me std suspension or slightly modded/harder is still ok. The key is not to use rims larger than 17' so can still use thicker 235/45 tires which will soften up the ride. For my family, maybe the wife might complain a bit if in the front Recaro bucket but my boys surely would not. Legacy is indeed a good family performance car, but I'd probably prefer Galant VR4 if for the same size/class. The VR4 is another car which I do really like but unfortunately very rare here hence kinda worried about parts availability. Accord Euro R is good choice but for me at the moment I'm not interested in any FWD anymore, kinda bored with such layout coz have been driving that for so long.
Maybe now is rare but that was 16 years ago. Plenty of half cut parts, engine and got even VRC club and club there got people sell accessories too. Of course by now slow down a lot, as the car is now 25 years old dy.....:smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe now is rare but that was 16 years ago. Plenty of half cut parts, engine and got even VRC club and club there got people sell accessories too. Of course by now slow down a lot, as the car is now 25 years old dy.....:smokin:
Yeah, there's that 1 black VR4 on sale now (not sure if still available) and in manual some more. If just follow my heart, I'd go ahead and get it but worry difficult to maintain due to lack of parts.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hmm to me std suspension or slightly modded/harder is still ok. The key is not to use rims larger than 17' so can still use thicker 235/45 tires which will soften up the ride. For my family, maybe the wife might complain a bit if in the front Recaro bucket but my boys surely would not. Legacy is indeed a good family performance car, but I'd probably prefer Galant VR4 if for the same size/class. The VR4 is another car which I do really like but unfortunately very rare here hence kinda worried about parts availability. Accord Euro R is good choice but for me at the moment I'm not interested in any FWD anymore, kinda bored with such layout coz have been driving that for so long.
235/45/17 should be the stock wheel size for CT9A series Evo right? Older ones are either 15" or 16" while Evo X I think are already using 245/40/18. I think from your description, Evo's ride comfort should be better than what I heard about FD2R. So many people saying that FD2R's stock suspension is too harsh.

Which VR4 do you like? Compared to Legacy, VR4 is already quite old since the last VR4 model is already many years ago. Older than your Mark X I think.

VR4 is heavy that is why they switch to Lancer for Rally
Ori VR4 heavy but yours is a converted VR2. Should be lighter since lack of 4WD parts?

Yeah, there's that 1 black VR4 on sale now (not sure if still available) and in manual some more. If just follow my heart, I'd go ahead and get it but worry difficult to maintain due to lack of parts.
Are you referring to that 3rd generation VR-4? The 6A13TT version?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
235/45/17 should be the stock wheel size for CT9A series Evo right? Older ones are either 15" or 16" while Evo X I think are already using 245/40/18. I think from your description, Evo's ride comfort should be better than what I heard about FD2R. So many people saying that FD2R's stock suspension is too harsh.

Which VR4 do you like? Compared to Legacy, VR4 is already quite old since the last VR4 model is already many years ago. Older than your Mark X I think.

Are you referring to that 3rd generation VR-4? The 6A13TT version?
Yes, stock tire size of CT9A. Evo 5-6 use slightly smaller 225/45/17. Evo 4 uses 16 and Evo 1-3 use 15. Yeah FD2R is harsher, its tires also thinner.

Yeah the 6A13TT version, love that car. It's my 2nd favorite performance sedan after the CT9A. Looks great and aggressive, comfortable, luxurious and spacious enough, and packs a big punch! If that car was easily available here, I'd have bought that instead of my Mark X. The wife surely would approve it easily too.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If you are worried of engine parts then don't, as there are plenty of parts. Only worried of body parts....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes, stock tire size of CT9A. Evo 5-6 use slightly smaller 225/45/17. Evo 4 uses 16 and Evo 1-3 use 15. Yeah FD2R is harsher, its tires also thinner.

Yeah the 6A13TT version, love that car. It's my 2nd favorite performance sedan after the CT9A. Looks great and aggressive, comfortable, luxurious and spacious enough, and packs a big punch! If that car was easily available here, I'd have bought that instead of my Mark X. The wife surely would approve it easily too.
The 6A13TT is quite a powerful engine. Almost 300hp. Displacement is large enough too. Probably a lot of potential when it comes to power increasement. Too bad, that generation of Galant is rare here. VR4 version even rarer.

Not 4WD but still Super Saloon body so still heavy.....
Since the VR din't look so big, I din't thought it would be heavy. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The 6A13TT is quite a powerful engine. Almost 300hp. Displacement is large enough too. Probably a lot of potential when it comes to power increasement. Too bad, that generation of Galant is rare here. VR4 version even rarer.

Car expensive, displacement big, road tax expensive.....lol

Super saloon body material heavy, that is why later Lancers are light......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Car expensive, displacement big, road tax expensive.....lol

Super saloon body material heavy, that is why later Lancers are light......lol
He can afford 2.5 litre Mark X, 2.5 litre 6A13TT roadtax will still be same. :biggrin:

More recent Lancer are not light anymore. CT9A Evo weights around 1300kg plus.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
He can afford 2.5 litre Mark X, 2.5 litre 6A13TT roadtax will still be same. :biggrin:

More recent Lancer are not light anymore. CT9A Evo weights around 1300kg plus.
Not referring to bro. 6UE5t but to your statement why that generation of VRC less mah......:smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If you are worried of engine parts then don't, as there are plenty of parts. Only worried of body parts....
Ic. How about gearbox & suspension?
Yes body parts and interior parts too.

Ultimate potential maybe actually less than the race/rally designed 4G63T that can handle huge boosting but std 6A13TTor slightly modded with around 300hp is more than enough. It should have a wider torque curve due to the bigger displacement.

The first gen Galant/VR is already rather heavy at around 1.4-1.5 tons if not mistaken coz it is a longer and wider car, bigger fuel tank, and the body plate is nice and thick, feels very solid almost like German cars body. It has electric front seats too which adds more weight.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Ultimate potential maybe actually less than the race/rally designed 4G63T that can handle huge boosting but std 6A13TTor slightly modded with around 300hp is more than enough. It should have a wider torque curve due to the bigger displacement.

The first gen Galant/VR is already rather heavy at around 1.4-1.5 tons if not mistaken coz it is a longer and wider car, bigger fuel tank, and the body plate is nice and thick, feels very solid almost like German cars body. It has electric front seats too which adds more weight.
With the large displacement, I think the stress on engine to give out 300hp is also lesser compared to the 2 litre 4G63T. But the complexity of the V6 engine might make it less reliable than the more simple 4G63T. I think anything around 300-350hp should make it quite agile, probably almost as fast as stock Evo if the figure is around 350hp.

Compared to most modern cars, the first VR4 actually looked small or just normal sized. Din't really expect it to be as heavy as newer Evo. I guess that is quite an advanced car to have electric seats during late 80s era.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
With the large displacement, I think the stress on engine to give out 300hp is also lesser compared to the 2 litre 4G63T. But the complexity of the V6 engine might make it less reliable than the more simple 4G63T. I think anything around 300-350hp should make it quite agile, probably almost as fast as stock Evo if the figure is around 350hp.

Compared to most modern cars, the first VR4 actually looked small or just normal sized. Din't really expect it to be as heavy as newer Evo. I guess that is quite an advanced car to have electric seats during late 80s era.
It will never be as agile as the Evo due to the size but straight line might have hope.

Mine was 1993 car which came with front electric seats. Forgot if previous years already had. It is quite a luxurious middle segment sedan of its time back then, at least those offered in Indonesia market against the other Japanese competitors. Easily the fastest also.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It will never be as agile as the Evo due to the size but straight line might have hope.

Mine was 1993 car which came with front electric seats. Forgot if previous years already had. It is quite a luxurious middle segment sedan of its time back then, at least those offered in Indonesia market against the other Japanese competitors. Easily the fastest also.
Well, I think in terms of handling and response quickness, maybe it won't match the lighter Evo. But I believe due to its weight and longer wheelbase it will be a more stable car at higher straight line speed. Highway cruiser.

You owned a E39A VR4 before?

Is it this kind of seats?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well, I think in terms of handling and response quickness, maybe it won't match the lighter Evo. But I believe due to its weight and longer wheelbase it will be a more stable car at higher straight line speed. Highway cruiser.

You owned a E39A VR4 before?

Is it this kind of seats?

Yah, straight line the Galant was very stable, the easily most stable of all Japanese mid size sedans that time, even the older versions like mine.

No, unfortunately we did not get the VR4 versions in Indonesia market. Mine was only a non turbo 4G63 FWD version (they called it Eterna GTI) with manual 5 speeders. Yeah similar seats, mine was leather though.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Gearbox from halfcut, suspension plenty of after market ones.
Engine parts also have half cut and new. Japan MMC ones or some parts can use other Mitsu model sometimes or even Proton parts. My brake pump is Wira one, Speedo cable also and steering tie rod end is Perdana ones....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need to re-confirmation from cross drilled disc sifu..

Is this the correct direction the disc suppose to be ?? I am referring to those "curve" on disc since terbalik L and R side also can fit one :unsure:

Some said suppose to "follow" the wheel rotation but some told me need to terbalik

LEFT HAND

RIGHT HAND

Pls englighten me
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience