.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

DerrickEe

Known Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
3-2-1 extractor, use back original piping, high flow cat con. with straight muffler.
straight pipe no power bro.
Thanks for your reply bro! Do you know where can I find 3-2-1 extractor? Most of the shops I went to only have 3-1 extractor from Viva. So I should just keep my midbox too?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm not sure but I saw for Kelisa, Kweng has one is 3-1 system. So will 3-1 make me lose low end power? FC wise? :hmmmm:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
For small CC car just stay stock, the muffler u like can change but keep extractor n piping stock. No gain n only loss for small CC engine. Just my little opinion.

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
For small CC car just stay stock, the muffler u like can change but keep extractor n piping stock. No gain n only loss for small CC engine. Just my little opinion.
It ok to think so .. but any mod to the car exhaust system does bring effect... for good or worst? :biggrin:

let me put is this way... in the whole car from day one till today.. the most C/P does still belongs to exhaust & air filter. Even you think exhaust is a by product from the engine.. but it does play an important role...

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Can anyone here advise me if its OK to decat my exhaust and replace with 2 mufflers, approx 22 inches each, one in the front and one at the rear...

According to the exhaust friend, it be be very nippy powerful and better FC and more silent...

Why 2 mufflers instead of one?

All in price RM260 is it cheap or expensive?

Can the cataylic converter material inside sold for cash, someone told me the material is expensive if im not mistaken?:questionmark:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Can anyone here advise me if its OK to decat my exhaust and replace with 2 mufflers, approx 22 inches each, one in the front and one at the rear...

According to the exhaust friend, it be be very nippy powerful and better FC and more silent...

Why 2 mufflers instead of one?

All in price RM260 is it cheap or expensive?

Can the cataylic converter material inside sold for cash, someone told me the material is expensive if im not mistaken?:questionmark:

decat = more power = kill mother nature..

middle muffler = lower noise in the middle ..

rear muffler = lower noice at the rear..

cat con expensive to produce.. after it's used = no value..

hope that helps

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

RM260 for 2 muffler & piping? i think it's cheap :biggrin:

rear muffler new 1 = rm400++

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
remove catcon = polluting the environment...

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
correction, your cat even after use still bear commercial value. It contain approximate 3g of rare metal. So it worth roughly 4-600, so what the catch ? You need millions dollars worth of equipment to extract that...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
correction, your cat even after use still bear commercial value. It contain approximate 3g of rare metal. So it worth roughly 4-600, so what the catch ? You need millions dollars worth of equipment to extract that...
serious?

most besi buruk just weight it for iron..

even if u can take out the 'honey comb' inside a catcon.. they'll say.. "it's rubbish.. just throw it there"..

right?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
decat = more power = kill mother nature..

middle muffler = lower noise in the middle ..

rear muffler = lower noice at the rear..

hope that helps

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

RM260 for 2 muffler & piping? i think it's cheap :biggrin:

rear muffler new 1 = rm400++
So is it better to put 2 instead of 1 ?
Or 1 is enough ?
Are you sure RM260 is cheap?
Just potong weld only, no need further piping ?
Mine is NOT the stainless steel type, just normal iron type....

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
So is it better to put 2 instead of 1 ?
Or 1 is enough ?
Are you sure RM260 is cheap?
Just potong weld only, no need further piping ?
Mine is NOT the stainless steel type, just normal iron type....
just potong & weld? u already have the muffler?

better put 2.. coz if u put 1.. it will be noisy.. & u'll attract uncle JPJ..

i've used 1 muffler/bullet b4.. only the rear.. i need to shout if wanna talk to the person next to me..

if u put only the middle, same thing.. plus JPJ/police & all law inforcement will chase u down :wink:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
just potong & weld? u already have the muffler?

better put 2.. coz if u put 1.. it will be noisy.. & u'll attract uncle JPJ..

i've used 1 muffler/bullet b4.. only the rear.. i need to shout if wanna talk to the person next to me..

if u put only the middle, same thing.. plus JPJ/police & all law inforcement will chase u down :wink:
Today went to another professional exhaust guy for his opinion,

He said he can decat and replace my muffler for RM250, a stainless steel one 2.5 inches circumference.

He also said theres no need to have 2 mufflers, one infront is enough, if put 2 it will be less powerful..

Sooooo confused !

Anyone can help ? :rofl: :confused:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
As long u keeping stock piping size should not be any power loss u can feel, u need some time for the car to adjust its A/F back to normal, if u have a O2 sensor after the cat converter u better not decat.

The Marketplace Latest

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys
my name is SULTAN am from middle east
am new in Malaysia any way when i was in my home town i was drive Honda crx b16a
i bought wira her in kl cuz very cheap than honda this why .
i said to my self want try mitsubishi engine
now am driving wira 4g93t gsr i want upgrade to 400hp cuz the std gsr not enough for me
what should i do ?
and compare between mivec 1.8 turbo vs b16a turbo who can win ?
and mivec 1.8 turbo is it better than 1.8...

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience