.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

nice mah got popping sound during upshift/downshifting.

Normal for high performance engine on straight pipe especially turbo, fire spitting is common.

Bro Danz,
Its surely nice if its a race car but mine is normal sedan car :biggrin:....sometimes feels like ahbeng popping like no one else business :banghead:

Bro Dayline668,
Probably ure right regarding the straight pipe only worries my engine in case got problem...btw, mine is NA engine...

Here's some clip recorded last nite but couldn't hear much from inside cabin :biggrin:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yWDi4wfLPfI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
im now running on straight pipe, 3" from j pipe to under petrol tank, from there to muffler 3.5" but still no
popping sound, how to tune to run rich?

im now running on straight pipe, 3" from j pipe to under petrol tank, from there to muffler 3.5" but still no
popping sound, how to tune to run rich?

Diff engine ecu diff ignition system, most modern ecu will retard timing when changing gear(AT), the last dump of unburn fuel go through the hot exhaust that y it pop, your r running efficiently, dun make your FC worst. But if u wan to make your A/F 12 NA, 10 for turbo using piggyback or reflash.

Hello All SIFUS brother & sister.
Here I am facing a big problem with my car after get installed Mugen Twin Loop Replica Muffler on my car Honda CRV which is STOCK B20 Engine.
After get installed the muffler...It feels very heavy to accelerate and soon I test my car top speed at highways this morning at about 4.00 AM I ONLY CAN REACH 120KMH!!!
Before this I am easily get 170KMH...and sometime get 18oKMH on VERY straight long highway.
What is actually the problem of my car.

Oh my car is all STOCK but last two month I did cut the Catalyst Converter and replace it with straight pipi...so what is left is (EXTRACTOR -PIPES-RESONATOR BOX-MUFFLER) ALL STOCK
And yes I did get some improvement from it!!

But now after I installed a MUGEN TWIN LOOP REPLICA MUFFLER my car turn to be heavy to accelerate
and the TOP SPEED ONLY 120KM AND CANT GO BEYOND!!!

Is it really because of I dont have the Catalyst Converter for BACK PRESSURE work properly with the
MUGEN TWIN LOOP REPLICA MUFFLER ????

Do I have to buy a new Catalyst Converter so that I can get on my TOP END BACK or do I have to just replace it back with my UGLY STOCK MUFFLER ???

IS IT THE MUFFLER PROBLEM OR I DONT HAVE CATALYST CONVERTER??

PLEASE I AM REALLY IN A BIG HEADACHE

anyone know where are recommended shop to customize exhaust...im planning to change my pipe to 2.5" starting after downpipe until the end and by budget is rm1500 and i really like stainless steel for my piping..my car is fiat coupe 20vt..please advise

alot of Gen2 onwer can't get a nice result..now i start with gen2

4-2-1,the head setup must be 1-3-2-4,o2 sensor dont put on top or side
must put after the 4-2-(1)<--this place to put o2 senser,like this only the ecu able to detect your extractor is using 4-2-1

do not do like this --> (4)<-any pipe also cannot-2-1 because if like this the ECU will only detect 2-1 then your tuning will lari also unstable u can't get a good torque im sure!!

then the original 1.7" piping change to 1.6",to mantain the backpresure,then add on a bullet after flexipipe as close as posible,back muffler up to u use any direct flow,this is for Manual

for auto gen2 the rest all the same just change something here.
then the original 1.7" piping change to 1.6",to mantain the backpresure,then add on the sflow midbox on the middle,back muffler up to u use any direct flow,this is for Auto

the piping all follow original way.
that all for today

for the auto gen2, which piping did u mean that have to be changed?? :confused: im new here..

anyone know where are recommended shop to customize exhaust...im planning to change my pipe to 2.5" starting after downpipe until the end and by budget is rm1500 and i really like stainless steel for my piping..my car is fiat coupe 20vt..please advise

where do u service your FCT? if u do it at ah meng worldtech, then there is 1 exhaust shop nearby. otherwise it would be in sunway....

Best setup for Perodua Viva manual? For daily drive, with good low-end torque? :smile: Is straight flow piping all the way to my muffler recommended? Thank you :)

hi all i m driving civic eg9 can give advices for my exhaust system?not prefer noisy exhaust. pls suggest. thanks

hello to all,
im kinda new to exhaust modification. im driving saga blm auto and lately, i've change my original midbox with twisted bullet in the center and change my stock muffler with apexi s flow muffer. also,i've already remove the catcon with straight bullet (but seem like theres kinda twisting flow pattern in the bullet). the result is a bassy sound which is quite good to me and the pickup is better than stock setup (havent tried the top speed though). but since auto car need some backpressure to maintain good low end torque,im thinking of adding the stock midbox. is is better to put it before or after the twisted bullet? or mybe theres any other option to improve my pickup?
thanks for any response!

Best setup for Perodua Viva manual? For daily drive, with good low-end torque? :smile: Is straight flow piping all the way to my muffler recommended? Thank you :)

3-2-1 extractor, use back original piping, high flow cat con. with straight muffler.
straight pipe no power bro.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom