E36 318i or a new Myvi

bemmers are awesome..have a 525i...very nice...so far i've gone up to 245...even beat an evo 9 on the highway a few weeks ago

hehehe. Surprise me if evo9 lose to 525!. Maybe the driver no more balls kot or the 180kmh speedcut not yet eliminated!:shades_smile:

FYI, Evo9 topped at around 275kmh and i used to thrashed my Evo7 up to 265kmh...

it would take a lifetime for a 2.5L BMW to reach the speed of 245km/h.
unless the 2.5L had least 30k on the engine..=)

nah it can...n its an e39 as well...well the evo acceleration was slightly faster...but once we got up to like 170, 200...it was the same...n yeah the evo can go up to 270 but it was quite slow...i duno, maybe he don modify enough...n then i cut here n there n lost him!, haha...then after i went 2 the petrol station, he also pulled in...then i was talkin 2 him...he's also on this forum!

oh and i probably should mention that the time i got the car up to 240/245...it was 4 in the morning comin back from kl...n it was goin down hill abit...i still remember looking at the meter...n when i looked up i nearly hit some car...lucky the brakes are good...so don't tryin this, haha

I thought the bmw and benz will max out at 250kmh.. that is the european gentleman rule right.. 155mph

By right all continental cars are speed locked to 250km/h. But then again can still go up till 260km/h. There was this 5 series at my mechanics place a 530. I dunno E what la. But my mechanic was going for a test drive with the owner and he hit 260km/h. I thought he had mods inside. But it was all stock. Maybe he had stroker kit.

Actually Japanese cars are the most funny. Every car they have there shows a 180km/h speedo meter face. But many could reach 200km/h. Hahaha. Must be the designers having fun.

okay...u should elaborate the story better..
you should mentioned earlier it was downhill...
stock evos and other 4 cyl jap cars should max out their torque after 6k rpm.
pulling power is only at 3rd and 4th. Wherelse for euro cars they have better advantages of keeping a stable torque range up to fifth..

Stock Evos torque max out around 7000rpm-7300rpm like that. At 6000prm (speed around 230kmh like that), the boost (on stock car 0.8-0.9bar) still kick-in until most of it to reach 7000rpm-7300rpm (RSM reading) on flat roads! Never tries on downhill or uphill cause don't really dare to high-speeding at that area.

Evo9 Mivec Turbo would be much better since got thing mivec thing and stock factory boost already set at 1.3bar!. I used to 'race' with my friend stock Evo9 (non ZTH member) and what i can say the Mivec Turbo things is really a beast. My car can only keep-up for a distance with my friend car. If really E39 525 can keep up with the Evo9, then i guess again the driver's ball already max out!(no more guts)

As what our friend GT35R said, E60 530 and E60 523 really took a long time to reach at that kind of speed. worst case would be E60 523 lor.

The good thing about BMW is it's faster than Merc (on stock form eccept for the C kompressor) dan most of the drivers really kaki speeding one. At least got someone to layan during highway highspeeding !.

Never encounter with Scooby on high speeding with my Evo...but Beemer a lot!.

So far, my records against E36/E46/E60/E90 very clean ! I think same goes to other evos as well!.

Is it because of your 180kmh STI speedcut?. If yes, buy rsm lor!. Solve problem.

Bro,
RSM was one of the first thing i install on my car...
So it helped to eliminate my top speed cut.
maybe becos see my oil temp rising up during top speeds
thats why dont want to rev up anymore...

yeah but can jap cars like evo's n skylines beat continental cars...i mean you guys can argue that jap cars are fast...but do they have the great handling etc...in the end would you get a evo or like a m3?

wah.. u all bad people la... hijack other ppl thread..
u shud be discussing 318i and myvi

not 5 series and evo!
wahahah..

bro if u got enough money..take the bmw 318i... if not better myvi... i like both of the car.. i alredi driven both of the car..

i think style then speed...hehehe

E36 318i with M40 engine doesn't cost much when it comes to servicing..unless if you have serious problem with it laa for sure..not necessarily have to send to Auto Bavaria..i do agree parts wise you have to fork out more,but when it comes to wear n tear,believe me they lasts(depends on how you drives it for sure) besides your normal scheduled servicing..
Myvi would probably gives you less or no prob considering the fact you're getting a brand new unit,but to me the 'feel' of driving a conti' will always be an advantage..
Sori guys,i juz dont understand why must compare the 318i time for the speedo to reach 220 with Evo's or Scooby for that matter?..its a 1.8 single cam auto tranny N/A summore..not fair at all laa..why not compare it with the bad ass M3 3.2 SMG II,with the 155mph limiter removed?..if you're considering of 328 or 325,go for the latter..not much bhp difference,n less cost of maintainence..but then again lets juz stick to 318i n Myvi comparison..
the choice is all yours bro...

(i still own '94 E36 318i(M),'96 E36 320i coupe,'93 E36 RB25DET,n so far they've been very loyal SOB's..only the last one's a bit rebellious though:thrasher: ,still no enough money to upgrade newer 3series..)

hehehe. Old car E46 318i 8 cylinder can do 210 kmh EASILY kah?. U must be kidding!!. If like that better i sold off my Evo & Vtec euroR and buy 318i lor.

I used and always to high speed cruising >200kmh with my cars and believe me even E36/E46 325 not that kind of EASY to reach 210kmh! Are u really sure with your statement?. Do u drive Beemer 1?

haha, i also doubt about his statement!!! easily reach 210? Maybe he heard a lot of ppl bullshitting..

bro aja, havent sell of ur euro -R and get the evo? Thought u r changing scooby...
haha, hows car?

Dear TS,

For your truely info, please never ever get a old bmw! You will end up squize every penny out of ur pocket to repair n maintain the BMW" And pls remember, normal service aint cheap.

BMW= Banyak Masuk Workshop

This acronym is kinda 90% true.

In fact, there are lots of car to be choose out there. For example:-

SV4
Ek
Eg
old camry
old SEG
myvi is ok
old Vios,
Old City

And nvr ever get a Proton~!! : ) Even have to walk from selangor to kl, choose to walk, at least your internal organ wont give u any failure hafway but ur proton will! haha

haha, i also doubt about his statement!!! easily reach 210? Maybe he heard a lot of ppl bullshitting..

bro aja, havent sell of ur euro -R and get the evo? Thought u r changing scooby...
haha, hows car?

hehehe. Thought earlier this thread dead already.

Me still maintain those 2 cars la. Enough cars already i guess!. kekekeke

i thing la..i like about proton.. if the car have problem still can drive maa.. although i don`t have proton.. i still like the car especially the aircond..hehehe

to matasura... depend on ya pocket lol...

but although the price are same.. but the loan..interest are diffrent...to count also in tat thing...

fast or not.. maybe u can put 2nd or 3rd..later on

And nvr ever get a Proton~!! : ) Even have to walk from selangor to kl, choose to walk, at least your internal organ wont give u any failure hafway but ur proton will! haha

:hmmmm2: i know every person are entitled for their opinion but i guess not many people will agree to this...no offense dude but i think your statement a 'lil bit unfair..

haha, hows car?

Have u even tried reaching that speed in the bmw's yet? Or are you just making a random statement? Please bro, dont draw conclusions before getting your judgement done

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom