DIY - Oil Catch Tank on CAMPRO

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Hope this post will answer some of your questions in mind.

Where is it suppose to be connected?

I had a debate with a friend of mine who question my OCT connection which I installed recently. I had connected it in between the driver side head cover outlet (PCV?) & to the manifold. Is the installation correct? I think it is if according to this post :

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ts-in-the-oct-after-4-months.html#post1042555

Can or Should we install breather filter if using OCT?

Again, after reading the link given above...I am still curious about this. If dunno what it is, here's a reference borrowed from Drex's link :-P

http://drexchan.fotopic.net/p18359798.html

Suitable hose to use for OCT?

Tried to use the gas hose but failed tremendously. hahaha. Now using fuel hose which is more durable but unfortunately it only came in black color. Where can get the transparent type but in heat resistant form?

Thanks all.

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Really meh? I had no problem with it after installing the OCT. Could it be a leak somewhere on the can?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Really meh? I had no problem with it after installing the OCT. Could it be a leak somewhere on the can?
no leaking, just when in SIC only will b like tht... OCT getting full in just a min...

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Jin,
this could also mean the petrol is not 100% combusted efficiently during your track-day.
perhaps need to tune the air-flow a bit, any other sifu can elaborate ??

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Hope this post will answer some of your questions in mind.

Where is it suppose to be connected?

I had a debate with a friend of mine who question my OCT connection which I installed recently. I had connected it in between the driver side head cover outlet (PCV?) & to the manifold. Is the installation correct? I think it is if according to this post :

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ts-in-the-oct-after-4-months.html#post1042555

Can or Should we install breather filter if using OCT?

Again, after reading the link given above...I am still curious about this. If dunno what it is, here's a reference borrowed from Drex's link :-P

http://drexchan.fotopic.net/p18359798.html

Tried to use the gas hose but failed tremendously. hahaha. Now using fuel hose which is more durable but unfortunately it only came in black color. Where can get the transparent type but in heat resistant form?

Thanks all.

Bros, I still need these questions to be answered :bawling:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

i reco using steel braided 1... more bling... dun use clear 1, cos will become yellowish from time to time...

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Went scouting for it. A bit pricey though. Eh, what about the clamp/connector?

Another thing, for campro, the pcv size is 10mm while the manifold inlet is about 8/6mm...what suitable size to use for braided hose? they're not expendable right?

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com

Thanks all.

I've been using gas hose for more the a year already...
Blue color summore...it never fails me...
the blue color one, got 1 layer of black in the inner hose, in the middle got another layer of kind of cloth mesh...i think...and the outer layer...the blue color still soft hose...

mine custome made OCT too ... :D

using this method...
http://www.turbophile.com/technical/diy_catch_can.html

Attachments

Last edited:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Went scouting for it. A bit pricey though. Eh, what about the clamp/connector?

Another thing, for campro, the pcv size is 10mm while the manifold inlet is about 8/6mm...what suitable size to use for braided hose? they're not expendable right?
i get it from half cut, so... i'm not really sure the price.... just wish to bring some bling in bay... the connector using An-Fitting, while the hose from Aeroquip...
i know Ken Racing got sell the cheaper An-Fittings, & some braided hose... happy scouting again bro...
http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/ProductsServices/AeroquipPerformanceProducts/HoseProducts/index.htm

for example:

Last edited:

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
chinozie ;

That was the same hose i used previously. The hose melted & it collapsed under vacuumed pressure. Btw, where did you get it?

JINEIL2EN ;

I am doing the same thing too...bling it! :proud:
Not sure how to get the AN fittings here in JB but a magna clamp would do just fine.
Found a shop here can custom make the braided hose but haven't ask them about the clamp.
Will update you guys with the pics once its completed.

Btw,

What about the breather hole? is it really necessary to use another filter to block it off?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
chinozie ;

That was the same hose i used previously. The hose melted & it collapsed under vacuumed pressure. Btw, where did you get it?

JINEIL2EN ;

I am doing the same thing too...bling it! :proud:
Not sure how to get the AN fittings here in JB but a magna clamp would do just fine.
Found a shop here can custom make the braided hose but haven't ask them about the clamp.
Will update you guys with the pics once its completed.

Btw,

What about the breather hole? is it really necessary to use another filter to block it off?
try Vis, they got An-Fittings or just search in S'pore la...
yup, cover up ur breather hole if u custom drill another 2 holes on ur cover...

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Jin,

Went to the shop where they got sell the braided hose but unfortunately, they were unable to do it because of the unmatched size eg: PCV 10mm / inlet manifold 8mm & they can't clamp the hose. Reason why, they use a hydraulic press to clamp every end of the hose, so removing the head cover is way out of the question.

After a few callwas made, I was recommended to a friend friends garage. After explaining what i want, he says that i need to leave my car for a day because he needs to open up my head cover so he can modify the pcv hole to fit the fittings. Again, since i am such a noob in this braided, fittings thingy...i drop the idea of using it as i am not prepared to tamper with my stock engine. Hehehe. Maybe not now la.

After all the trouble..guess what? i end up using the Unigawa fuel hose back again :burnout:

Hahaha.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
There are 2 types of steel braided hose.

The Teflon internal n the rubber internal. The Teflon is high heat resistance n high pressure. They are not expandable. U can't even have a sudden bend or it'll break. Normally used in industrial hydraulic application. In automotive, normally clutch hose, brake line, turbo oil feed.

The rubber type is more flexible and expendable. They can handle heat up to a certain extend. Pressure wise, so so. Not recommended to be used for hydraulic application... But low presssure like oil pump, oct, fuel line still no problem. Even pro rs brake lines are using rubber type.

U can try using rubber type.

If u want the clear type hose, u can try the industrial water pipe. I think the material is PU. But there are steel rings coiles like spring along the pipe. Comes in various size and can be found in hydraulic shop.

Jin, the reason of OCT is to provide a oil condensation room for the oil vapor from the breather before the air is recirculate into the intake. With reduced quantity of oil in the intake, the engine burns the fuel better instead of using the fuel to burn the oil residue. This can also be achieved by not circulating the breather back into the intake ramp. Close down the intake ramp and direct the breather to the atmosphere. It'll help to reduce the engine air pressure.

However, in te motorsport, OCT is necessary to prevent oil spillage onto the track and this could be dangerous for every driver. That's why the OCT is necessary.

To protect the drivers and the earth, use OCT with bigger breather hose. AN10 is good.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, currently I'm looking at a 2015 W176 A250 with a 70K+ mileage, would like to have some opinions on the car. Any common issue or major issue in the future for this M270 engine need to look out for ? Or should I get a brand new Honda Civic 1.5 TC with the same amount of price ? Pls advice... :adore:

I know some of you would say, might as well get the A45 instead... but for me... budget is the main issue :joycat:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience