BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
neo0316, would appreciate if u really provide the wiring diagram here:P
n also maybe if i wanan custom make thicker gasket i may invite u so we can boost higher to 0.7 :P

true the total cost may b like engine transplant, even i got sources for most of the parts i need, total has exceed RM6k without labour yet
Hmm... The market price of a GSR CK halfcut is around 9k. And that's with everything u needed. Including the oil/water heat exchanger, dashboard, gear console, front n rear disc and most importantly, a system that works with higher torque and reliability.

Is that into your consideration..? But honestly, BOT is fun. Miahahaha...

Neo0316

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009
Well. regarding clutch. There is not so much of a problem. U can go ahead BOT first. For light boost BOT, the clutch may not slip too often. But if u like to boost alot, then the clutch may be insuficient. If ur rev, and ur car doesn't move during the clutch engaged, then u know ur clutch is slipping.

Then u consider changing to a semi/full race clutch.

Sometimes, when u wanna BOT for cost saving, and u worry too much about the end performance that can be upgraded later, then considering this and that and finally u are back to square 1, or u've actually spent more than the money for transplant...

But most important thing is, overall engine health condition.
Alright, I learn alot from here:proud:

neo0316, would appreciate if u really provide the wiring diagram here:P
n also maybe if i wanan custom make thicker gasket i may invite u so we can boost higher to 0.7 :P

true the total cost may b like engine transplant, even i got sources for most of the parts i need, total has exceed RM6k without labour yet
Please update me on the profile of the gasket, I don't wanna bring down the compression ratio too much as I'm planning to boost on 0.6 for better reliability.
Care to list out all the parts and their brand? because I'm sourcing all the parts by myself too and even with a fully rebuilt turbine,it's not even 5k in total for a low boost application.

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
bout the gasket i'll let u know again since i'm looking for all parts
as the gasket is for me to boost higher till 0.7 then :P

BOT is fun like speed2horizon said
that's what taiwanese does, change auto to manual, BOT
they hardly transplant engine since its illegal in taiwan :P

somemore its a satisfaction
of u hav know yr own engine's limitation

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
bout the gasket i'll let u know again since i'm looking for all parts
as the gasket is for me to boost higher till 0.7 then :P

BOT is fun like speed2horizon said
that's what taiwanese does, change auto to manual, BOT
they hardly transplant engine since its illegal in taiwan :P

somemore its a satisfaction
of u hav know yr own engine's limitation
Bro.. please clearify this.

Taiwanese does BOT because engine transplant is not allowed. If engine picia also can transplant the same engine.

And American makes can transplant other engine. But taiwanese are more into Japanese car.

Last edited:

mohdashraf81

Known Member
May 12, 2006
Hi there......
Bro is there anybody out there already BOT their campro engine succesfully?
Im doing the project right know......
Yesterday they doing the intercooler piping and banana.......
today i didnt check it yet......but yesterday i check my car the workshop guy drove my car and wreck it.......huhuhuhuhuhuhuh side skirt and front bumper and sport rims all habis.....now they got to find the original MME R3 bodykit and rims.....but sadly the rims and front bumper only spray back and skim.....
by the way is there any advice from SIFU about my BOT porject......

Bump: Hi there......
today i didnt check it yet......but yesterday i check my car the workshop guy drove my car and wreck it.......huhuhuhuhuhuhuh side skirt and front bumper and sport rims all habis.....now they got to find the original MME R3 bodykit and rims.....but sadly the rims and front bumper only spray back and skim.....

GSHOCK1

Feb 29, 2008
need some advise from anyone,,,,

have a turbo take from evo7...is't that i can change Ponggek Turbo from evo 7 to Ponggek Evo3???
is't for evo7 turbo their 'kipas' pusing terbalik( means that pusingan kipas evo7 x sama dgan evo3)

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
Bro.. please clearify this.

Taiwanese does BOT because engine transplant is not allowed. If engine picia also can transplant the same engine.

And American makes can transplant other engine. But taiwanese are more into Japanese car.
well
i mean transplant to other engine from original
hehe

victor85

1,500 RPM
Oct 2, 2006
alos all Bro's BOT.

previous theread (page 193) i've submit my BOT parts on my 4G93, being doing well up till now. but recently do not know why my timing (RPM) always drop to around 200rpm then up again to standard rpm. eg: from 3000rpm, i free gear, my rpm drops till like want mati engine. is it due to i din change air flow? or my tuning ecu problem? or vacumm problem? meanwhile, would like check with all 93 BOT, will ya all engine after BOT will very very hot? mines damm so hot in da engine. obviously r hotter then b4 i BOT. thanks. cheers :driver:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
victor, wat blowoff valve do u use? mostly it happened during aircon on or w/o aircon on?

Bump: victor, wat blowoff valve do u use? mostly it happened during aircon on or w/o aircon on?

victor85

1,500 RPM
Oct 2, 2006
im using UTR bov. my foreman got told me s'times bov did not thighten, but r thighten. most probably r whn with air con. w/out air con less. history is - after BOT out fr workshop, worst. stright mati engine whn ever after i ram or free gear (meen timing stiright drop 2 0). problem solve due to i unplug my rsm but w/out unplug the internal cable which connect 2 ecu n my foreman duno apply something in my vacumm thr. but recently happens again although din mati engine but timing will drop til like wanna mati engine. pening la me. thks.

Bump: im using UTR bov. my foreman got told me s'times bov did not thighten, but r thighten. most probably r whn with air con. w/out air con less. history is - after BOT out fr workshop, worst. stright mati engine whn ever after i ram or free gear (meen timing stiright drop 2 0). problem solve due to i unplug my rsm but w/out unplug the internal cable which connect 2 ecu n my foreman duno apply something in my vacumm thr. but recently happens again although din mati engine but timing will drop til like wanna mati engine. pening la me. thks.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
could it be the ISC...? Sounds more liek iddling problem to me..

Bump: could it be the ISC...? Sounds more liek iddling problem to me..

victor85

1,500 RPM
Oct 2, 2006
ya, is ideling problem. which wont be normal like usual cars. til now same too. wat is ISC bro? sry ya, knowledge now enough. thks.

mrafif

Known Member
Mar 1, 2007
Hi there......
walawey.. hows your engine perfomance after bot bro? :biggrin:

p/s: i do send u a sms, but didnt get reply.

mohdashraf81

Known Member
May 12, 2006
done already bro.....
on wheels hp is 181 and torque 224........
fuhhhhh......

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Hi there......
DAMN!! What la these mechanics.. never take care other people car. If me, i demand change new one. why they only skim the rim? u know right after skim the rim balancing out already... they really should bare responsibility for their own action. Bugger!! :mad:

mohdashraf81

Known Member
May 12, 2006
ya la bro agreed with you...i think the rim already bengkok sikit......but if i wanna demand to change everything to new one afraid that the guy will sabotaj my car.....then what to do......huhuhuh ...

last week tune at sunway saw 1 waja with original engine but got turbo inside........but the hose for intercooler and other hose also change already with samco...nicely done ask the show owner he said that waja cahnging his turbo to ballbearing....

then inside the shop got one new vios also doing the turbokit nicely done and the disc is very huge vttr one as i remember......

now my car already finish the bot project now i think last project to change the clutch plate coz slip.......a lot of slip..........but that one wait first...........

Bump: ya la bro agreed with you...i think the rim already bengkok sikit......but if i wanna demand to change everything to new one afraid that the guy will sabotaj my car.....then what to do......huhuhuh ...

last week tune at sunway saw 1 waja with original engine but got turbo inside........but the hose for intercooler and other hose also change already with samco...nicely done ask the show owner he said that waja cahnging his turbo to ballbearing....

then inside the shop got one new vios also doing the turbokit nicely done and the disc is very huge vttr one as i remember......

now my car already finish the bot project now i think last project to change the clutch plate coz slip.......a lot of slip..........but that one wait first...........

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys recently my mom painted the house. during the process lots of paint dust have setteled on the car body and glass. wont seem to go off. i tried polishing the body and glass, using thinner on the glass. any shop can remove this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience