Apexera SAFC & VAFC

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
as far as i know, most people who use piggybacks on gsr (not all) will experience the same thing. e-manage, safc1/2 etc etc. no power loss, nothing wrong, no jerking but the check engine light will flicker...

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
hi bro..
mine car (N/A) oso sometimes got 1-22 (max) knk..acctually what is the knocking??
oso dont know...1st time when install safcII got no knocking..reading 0...after 2 day my batteries was kong n replace with new 1..after that the knk reading come...ask my tuner n he said nothing wrong if the reading not reach 60 n above...

who can xplain it..
thanks

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
trex92 said:
Hmmm... i wonder if any other users of SAFC2 users out there are experiencing the same thing as me. I noticed that when the weather is hot like in the afternoon, the knock sensor reading for my SAFC2 goes haywire and very erratic even when I am driving on the highway. The reading jumps up and down and sometimes goes very high like 80. This happens only when it in the afternoon when it is hot. In the mornings and late evenings, the reading is stable with no problems.

I'm driving a Putra with SAFC2 installed. I have tuned the SAFC knock sensor setting at 1500rpm and 4000rpm already and I did it a few times but problem still there.
The SAFC-2 Knock sensing function does not work on Mitsu ECU. Same goes for the 'anti-stalling' function for Vent to atmos BOVs. Don't bother about it's reading :)

Jan 16, 2007
thanks for the help guys, goin to check it again tomorrow.

so its a common thing? just afraid it might damage the engine, or wiring connection is incorrect...

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
eclipse07 said:
thanks for the help guys, goin to check it again tomorrow.

so its a common thing? just afraid it might damage the engine, or wiring connection is incorrect...
What's the ECU code for your GSR? (ie 7737, 5663, etc)

Some of them suffer from the capacitors having an 'orgasm' causing it to leak due to its age and temperature change. If left unattended, the 'juice' may just leak to your PCB board and there goes your ECU. I've seen such samples before. The DSM folks knows it best. One of the ways to check is to open up your ECU and look for any visual signs of leaky capacitors. Do check if there's any 'rotten-egg' smell.

www.vfaq.com is apparently down as I type, so probably you can try checking that link out later. There's also a DIY guide that guides you from where to buy the new capacitors to installing it.

I'm just saying that this may probably be the case but not nessasarily. Just to be safe than sorry.

Contrary to Khoyos oberservations, I did not encounter any GSR with piggybacks or whatsoever that has the C.E.L flickering on and off from time to time except for those samples I've seen that ended up with a dead ECU due to the leaky capacitors.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2007
bro hamsap, thanks for the advice and infos...

have check out the site and base on the symptoms listed, i do experience some similarities except for the "smell"...but the thing is i havent confirm its really the problem coz im yet to open up the ecu to check...coz afraid i might mess it up..

have u had the same problem before and fixed it?

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
eclipse07 said:
bro hamsap, thanks for the advice and infos...

have check out the site and base on the symptoms listed, i do experience some similarities except for the "smell"...but the thing is i havent confirm its really the problem coz im yet to open up the ecu to check...coz afraid i might mess it up..

have u had the same problem before and fixed it?
Hi Eclipse,

I've experienced a dead ECU before. Couldn't get to fix it cause the leak went all the way down to the PCB board. 3 months after, a friend of mine had the same problem and he couldn't care less with all the signs. Again, another dead ECU. One thing to note is that both of these ECUs are "5563/5663", couldn't remember exactly which is which.

It would probably be easier to strike a lottery than to be able to find the same ECU (the C.E.L still strike when we've tried putting in a 7737 ECU onto a GSR which originally has 5663 ECU) so most ppl would get the ones from the earlier EVO's (7701, etc) or for those who's got a bit of moolah would go straight for a standalone.

It is still recommended to replace the capacitors if you've gotten another replacement Mitsu ECU. We've paid the likes of USD $8 +/- inc. shipping for the 3 capacitors and changed it nonetheless. Peace of mind mah..

Get ur mech to check it for you if you're like me who's damn good at tearing up things but find parts miraculously went missing when trying to piece things up together again.

Gd Luck

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
you mean kgf/cm^2 right? that would be the unit for pressure. i'm guessing it refers to the adjustments for the fuel pressure?

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
so wat unit should i use?? all the same or wat??

still learning 2 play wit that thing..

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
e819 said:
so wat unit should i use?? all the same or wat??

still learning 2 play wit that thing..
Unless you have a proper wide-band 02 sensor and are very sure of what you're doing, I do not recommend to fiddling with the fueling urself. Else, just pop by your favourite tuner and get it tuned. Won't cost much, should be in the circa of RM 150 or so.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
e819,
like what hamsap said. and, to get your money's worth, while they're tuning, be a busybody and look and ask what they are doing. if they lan si you, tell them it's my car i should know what is being done to it right?

no point screwing up your whole system and end up paying more later. might as well pay rm150 to learn and tune.

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
bros the knock wire on the afc is purple rite??

where s the knock sensor in my engine..

driving an 4g92 sohc..

another thing... i dont seem having a o2 sensor.. how do i tune my car up??

really need help on this

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
hamsap said:
Contrary to Khoyos oberservations, I did not encounter any GSR with piggybacks or whatsoever that has the C.E.L flickering on and off from time to time except for those samples I've seen that ended up with a dead ECU due to the leaky capacitors.
well, i personally dont use gsr engine. so i might be wrong. sorry if i gave wrong info...

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
khoyos said:
well, i personally dont use gsr engine. so i might be wrong. sorry if i gave wrong info...
Nothing personal, Khoyos. Cheers :)

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
agree wit whatdamn n hamsap says... i will get it tune by the pro's...

just asking out of quirisity(spelling error 4 sure)....

ok.. another Q.. i found the knk(knock rite?) reading at the sensor check.. 80-100

but on the main display it write knk 0x

mind explaining??

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
khoyos,

I'm using e-manage blue and have this CEL problem every now and then. Found out why... darn speed sensor and injector wirings are faulty with an OBD tool. Apparently, the wires from the ECU is so sensitive that a slight touch will cause CEL to appear. Must have happen during the installation.

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
A'PEXi AFC neo on CamPro? urgent...

i'm interested in installing afc neo on my waja campro 1.6. it's equipped with the siemens ems700 ecu... went to n1 for some enquiries, they said its possible. but i'm still sceptical on whether it can perform well in my car... would it coz any problem with the engine or anything else?

any sifus, ur help would be appreciated gr8ly! thanx!

brother

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Apr 29, 2005
cheras,kl
need help for all sifu......
my safc2 LCD is burn totaly now dun have display now......got any place can repair?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...any shop tat can recommand to install wastegate wit good workmanship and reasonable price??

for Selangor :
Shah Alam,Sunway,Klang,Subang,USJ,Damansara,Puchong,OUG

for KL :
Cheras

i only familiar in tis few states,so if there is other tat not so far from it,can list down wit address and map wil be much more conveniance..thanks..

ps:i know sunway a lot...but duno which shop provide installation and the price must be reasonable...not 'parang' price.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience