Apexera SAFC & VAFC

fiGo_cheng,

there are many advantages... with a good tuner, the SAFC will increase ur cars performance.... what do u mean by disadvantages?? if u mean fuel consumption, u cant get power without more fuel...

what car r u using???

erm..a toyota camry year 95'...hehe...the car seem to be very heavy,so decided to upgrade it....any suggestions?

can SAFC be used in bolt on turbo engine? coz now my car dun have enough fuel... thanks in advance...

Can la... No probs one.. Mr. Jep3003 also B.O.T. his car and using piggyback..It is highly recommended to install SAFC if ur on B.O.T...

if goin 2 Bolt-on, better get apexi s-itc also... or us get good piggybck like hks fcon s, greddy emanage and others...

nipple said:
can SAFC be used in bolt on turbo engine? coz now my car dun have enough fuel... thanks in advance...

get urself an adjustable fuel regulator as well...try to upgrade ur fuel pump oso...

an SAFC wil gv u more advantages here....

RSI said:
You say A/F 15.

At what RPM?

At what boost?

If it is during boost then your engine is a ticking time bomb going to go off!

Also how did you get the A/F reading? thru the stock O2 sensor or by a reliable wideband sensor.
If it were really 15:1 AFR at boost the engine would start to hesitate and misfire. And if you are running a turbo ECU I would suggest checking the fuel pump.

RSI,
I second you here. They think they can rely on that cheapo tt to read their afr. Furthermore there are a lot of hidden criteria to be observed during tuning.

My advise is, you can see the tt afr no. but please don't rely on them or you'll be dissapointed. It's really out of accuracy.

im having a problem gettin my afr reading... my car is a local model honda civic so it doesnt ave an O2 sensor... so wen i bolt-on, there was an O2 sensor at the downpipe... 2 wire sensor, blue n white wire...

nw if i 1 2 get an air fuel ratio meter like da autometer, wud it b accurate if i connect da wire 2 da O2 sensor??? or shud i get a 3 or 4 wire sensor which has a heater...

ps: i cant afford 2 get a wideband like innovate or dynojet...

Last edited:
wats the difference between SAFC 5buttons and the newer SAFC 1 with blue screen

yeah i agree with sta.. . better install emanage if SAFC plus installation and setting cost RM 1500 because emanage also at that price including installation and setting.. if you would like to buy 1st hand SAFC la...that what i'm thinking right now... dilemma laa

Actually engine management does not increase ur engine hp.
Mechanical parts modifications are the ones wic help u gain hp.
U gain hp after installing an engine management (assume install n tune also) because it helps u to optimize the settings to the best u can tune.

Some may misunderstand coz u install in stock std car also hp increase. It is coz factory spec cars also dun come wif the most optimize settings. Therefore after installing these gadgets+ tuning u notice hp increase although is little.

More points is of coz better coz it'll be much flexible in tuning process n the outcome will be a smoother power delivery n nicer dyno curve mayb.

kewl helpful info.. let say u want to install rsm and safc II or safc neo.. which wht u should install first? izzit the RSM or the Safc?

fazrul said:
kewl helpful info.. let say u want to install rsm and safc II or safc neo.. which wht u should install first? izzit the RSM or the Safc?

those 2 are mean for different use.

RSM used to record ur speed, power, 0-100 blah blah...

SAFC is used to tune your engine.

there is no definite answer which to install 1st...up to ur preference.

BTW just curious, how come apexi RSM is more popular than Blitz Power-ID? Power-id dont required extra G-sensor to have the car HP.

SAFC has 1k rpm to set up step by step

SAFC2 has 600 rpm increase to set up,

so SAFC2 has more "cun setting" than SAFC

because it has more step tu set.

both has lo and hi throttle, but SAFC2 has

2 file to setting...file mean, u can store 2 differrent setting for your car.

both has lo and hi throttel.u can swith to file 1 or file 2 easily

SAFC2 has passwd protected,yup become useless if stollen.

regards

vafc / safc setting

hi zthorianss..

to all who uses vafc / safc for fuel / air management..

i would like to know how much percentage (%) correction do u allow for the vafc?i know that maximum % we can use is 50%, but we cannot just simply put 50% correction or it will have sensor problem..i am now facing a sensor problem which is most likely caused by my vafc seeting.I have put around 42~45% (if i am not mistaken) the correction and later the sensor (O2) gone malfunction. I did bring to workshop and my foreman agreed that vafc always caused trouble to sensors (MAP, O2)..

the problem only exist when i cruised along the road (maintain at one speed at one time), not WOT..i expect that the fuel is too lean (when corrected at 42%), hence the sensor cannot measure the right amount-thus jerking and engine check on..

FYI, i am using b20+b16 head, and injector of 390cc..

please help...anyone?thanksss..

after dyno tuning my VAFC at RS impressive.

my % Correction is set to 4.0% only..

later thinking of fitting OBD1 P13 Mugen Chip

then redyno n retune back.

* not all VAFC/SAFC is the same,different car different settings.

As a matter of fact, even similar cars with similar engines and similar modifications will have different settings as well.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom