Lancer Glx 05 Lose Power After Change A Sflow Muffler

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

grayson

Jun 21, 2006
I need a help for anyone here know about LANCER GLX 05 exhaust system.because my car lose around 20% power after i change my original to a S flow muffler.Now im feel that the air in the exhaust like less pressure.so easy to step high RPM but fel the power refuse to come.it is obviously.what can i do now?change the extractor 4-2-1 will help?Or i ned to make the muffler hole smaller so can be push for more pressure like before?

what else can i solve this problem without change the middle part?

.hope u guy who expert for this can help me.thank...........

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
How do you know you lost 20%? You dyno'd the car?

What did you change?

Just the muffler or the exhaust system?

How big is the inlet?

What else did you change?

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
What brand of muffler u use ?
Can show the Pic ?
Did u replace the ekzoks piping from head to tail ?

grayson

Jun 21, 2006
lose power

inlet is 2 inches.i just change the muffler only.other keep original.i didnt do dyno but is extimated by myself.bcos it obviously can feel.car respond slow down.and feel just like what im said in the previous message.

after i do some reseach for this.maybe bcos the ori 1 is not that smooth for air flow.and now the new s flow muffler will be better air flow.so it cause there is no back pressure for that.

Can i just redo to modify the inlet become smaller to keep the pressure for air flow?so maybe it will be back to my original muffler power.

IT can be work?need advice

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
2 inches is hardly anything, and 2 inches at just the muffler inlet is totally negligible. In fact, I'm surprised it made any difference beyond just making more noise. No need to redo anything since your original will be 1.75" anyway, as will the rest of your system.

Try and reset your ECU to have it adapt (disconnect your -ve terminal for 10 secs). Shouldn't be necessary but may as well try. Since you have a CVT, you shouldn't have any of the issues with low rpm gas flow, since your tranny is load-based and not speed-based.

All else fails, just bolt on your original (which I hope you kept) and see if it gets better.

As for backpressure, type "Backpressure Myth" into Google and discover why there is no such thing as "My car needs backpressure".

grayson

Jun 21, 2006
thank for ur opinion cannonfodder..,I need some of the info for my lancer ecu.

1.where should the rpm pointer to point when we start engine?

2.what else should we tuning for our ecu when we go for service.

3.what is the proper step figure should be set? which show in the monitor!The foreman told me is 2 to 22? so he put 15, is this true?

4.what else can tune in our stock ecu?

I Need to know all this info,becos my place mitsubishi authorise service center duno how to use the program.And i wish to go other service center.And what the service should we do when 30000km

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
1. Idle should be at least 850rpm, as stated in your manual and on the sticker on the underside of your hood, detailing idle speed and static ignition timing.

2, 4. There is nothing to 'tune' with the stock ECU, so don't get conned into paying for 'tuning'. If you want to tune your ECU, you'll need a reprogrammable ECU or at least something like ECUFlash. Standard MUTII is only for diagnosis and ROM updates.

3. What is a 'step figure'?

As for what service should be done at 30K, didn't you get a service manual with your car?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just curious...this is my 2cent idea....
if u notice that in the market...small strobe light...usually people connect it to the brake light...then it goes blink2...
wut im trying to do is, connect it to the small light infront....then put a switch....open it la...not with the blue casing la.......
so, put it facing the light chrome....then it will reflect better....
any cfu's can give me comment about my 2cent ideas?
then we no need to buy the expensive one...but surely the expensive...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience