4g93 Mivec Turbo Waja project(Many pictures be warned)

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
duuude.. how much was that spal?
You ask your friend la i got from him wan haha

Small Original intercooler hidden under the bumper towards the right side of the car
ohhh no wonder. Well mine is quite large Evo 4 intercooler up front so yeah... :laugh:

Anyway, more goodies just came in :burnout:

Bushings for my front lower arms are shot, so got some sweet aussie SuperPro PU bushing with caster correction and anti-lift properties :biggrin:

Got some springs from my friend to swap my overrated '1 bar' spring to

Also just sent my manifold to the guy to weld, close up of the crack :banghead:

Reactions: sanekit and Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You ask your friend la i got from him wan haha

ohhh no wonder. Well mine is quite large Evo 4 intercooler up front so yeah... :laugh:

Also just sent my manifold to the guy to weld, close up of the crack :banghead:
Yup, all original including bumper that is plug and play.

Welding should just leave the weld as is. Looks like previous ones was shave clean and maybe was too thin.....

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Yup, all original including bumper that is plug and play.

Welding should just leave the weld as is. Looks like previous ones was shave clean and maybe was too thin.....
Ok la, stock everything also good, less headache :banghead:

What you mean leave the weld as is?

Manifold removed

Swapping out the actuator springs, hopefully this will give me a base 0.7bar boost

Simple workings of the actuator.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Speaking of fans, got ANOTHER SPAL puller fan this time to replace the aged Maradyne just for good measure. This one has a thicker and larger motor compared to the 13" pusher i bought and flows alot of air :biggrin:

Middle is the new SPAL puller, on the right is the SPAL pusher and on the left with the gold sticker is the old Maradyne.

Cool original SPAL bracket for my pusher. Need this if installing for pusher setup as conventional bracket will have it flush with the fan, leaving you no way to actually use bolts at the bracket.

And also bought a super fast reaction open-element NTC Intake Air Temperature sensor to replace the standard Mitsubishi closed-element style sensor.

Reactions: sanekit

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro, gotta skip the Maradyne fan as earlier suggested. Funds too tight this round.

Actuator = wastegate?

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Bro, gotta skip the Maradyne fan as earlier suggested. Funds too tight this round.

Actuator = wastegate?
see how la, maybe just keep one side see who want haha.

And yes, i'm still using my stock turbo flapper 'wastegate', so the actuator controls that flapper

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Some update, manifold came back already and is already installed

When you buy a new manifold or when welding an old one, make sure you check for welding splatters which may come loose and wreak havoc on your turbine wheel. Saw this and grinded it off with a porting tool.

Also managed to replace my front LH side lower arm bush yesterday. Relatively easy to DIY, just 4 bolts literally. The front circular bush just hammer out and the rear square bush have to hold the bush with a bench vice and pry the arm out.

Old forward bush was really worn out and had freeplay in it, rubber also hardened and cracked already. These bush most probably was since the car came out from the factory in 2001.

With the new bush installed.

Installed the lower arm bush myself in around 1-2 hours time, will continue with the RH side later today. Do myself because mau save labour abit :laugh: . The forward bush was hard to get aligned because the rear bush hole is offset making the front bush offset slightly with the hole, have to use some brute force to get the bolt through.

Note to those interested in using PU bush, PU bushes NEEDS grease to work, please apply the grease that comes together with your bushing kit or search for Silicone Grease. If your PU bushing kit does not comes with or the seller claims it does not need grease, just walk away....

Reactions: sanekit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience