Which is the best for Proton Putra ???

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes.... KL area. During CNY, you could see a sea of cars in the neighborhood.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

and if luck isnt on your side, the majlis ppl would issue saman to the cars parking at road side.
My fren used to receive saman from the local authority. Every now and then, have to be alert, ready to shift the car when operasi come...
I thought the other way around, CNY empty all balik kampung.....hahhahhaaha:rofl:

Depends where. PJ mostly guarded area so police won't bother, unless next to town center....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes.... KL area. During CNY, you could see a sea of cars in the neighborhood.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

and if luck isnt on your side, the majlis ppl would issue saman to the cars parking at road side.
My fren used to receive saman from the local authority. Every now and then, have to be alert, ready to shift the car when operasi come...
CNY time is worst at Ipoh. You'll see KL/Selangor cars, Johor cars, Singapore cars and all sorts at Ipoh. I think for the next CNY, there will be like 7 cars in my house....

The authorities at your area seems to have move on to a whole new level. Issuing summons even at housing area? :confused:

I thought the other way around, CNY empty all balik kampung.....hahhahhaaha:rofl:
Yeah, that's what I thought too.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The growing trend is that many folks have gone living in city and town. Younger ones esp.(graduated, and to find job in bright light, big cities) Their old folks follow suit, to "take" care of their sons/daughters. City residents are crowding up, traffic jam worst, and unfrastructure/facilities can't keep up.
The kampung residence nowadays belongs to bangla, myanmar, etc.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The growing trend is that many folks have gone living in city and town. Younger ones esp.(graduated, and to find job in bright light, big cities) Their old folks follow suit, to "take" care of their sons/daughters. City residents are crowding up, traffic jam worst, and unfrastructure/facilities can't keep up.
Yup, most of them also drive but wira only, putra cannot find.....hhahhahahah:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Or those retirees are left behind staying at village areas. Even I have many friends who are excited at the prospect of being able to move and work at KL after graduate. For me, I still prefer the more relaxing environment at Ipoh. Maybe I'm just old fashioned or something but looking at how hectic lifestyle is at KL, I'm not really looking forward for something like that. But then, I have one friend that went for internship training at KL and he told me that he prefer to live in Ipoh more...

We're seriously digressing far away from this thread topic... :biggrin:

Yup, most of them also drive but wira only, putra cannot find.....hhahhahahah:rofl:
Luckily you pull back into the topic about Putra. Speaking about Putra and Wira, the price gap between both are not actually that far isn't it? As a fair comparison, I'm comparing C99 Wira 1.8
with Putra. Assuming both are in stock form, shouldn't exceed RM20k right?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Or those retirees are left behind staying at village areas. Even I have many friends who are excited at the prospect of being able to move and work at KL after graduate. For me, I still prefer the more relaxing environment at Ipoh. Maybe I'm just old fashioned or something but looking at how hectic lifestyle is at KL, I'm not really looking forward for something like that. But then, I have one friend that went for internship training at KL and he told me that he prefer to live in Ipoh more...

We're seriously digressing far away from this thread topic... :biggrin:

Luckily you pull back into the topic about Putra. Speaking about Putra and Wira, the price gap between both are not actually that far isn't it? As a fair comparison, I'm comparing C99 Wira 1.8
with Putra. Assuming both are in stock form, shouldn't exceed RM20k right?

since c99 wira 1.8 is even rarer than the putra...i think u'll have a hard time finding c99...finding a putra not always a problem..just finding the one in stock mint condition up for sale is rare....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
since c99 wira 1.8 is even rarer than the putra...i think u'll have a hard time finding c99...finding a putra not always a problem..just finding the one in stock mint condition up for sale is rare....
Just saw one silver C99 Wira this morning. Looks legit with twin tip exhaust, 14" 5 spoke JRD rims, rear disc brake and 1.8 EXI DOHC emblem at the side... I'm not sure how rare is it but at Ipoh, I've spotted more C99 Wira than Putra...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But Putra 2 doors only, if can get 1.8 Wira at least 4 doors.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
But Putra 2 doors only, if can get 1.8 Wira at least 4 doors.....:driver:
They say a shorter wheelbase have better handling than long wheelbase... But longer wheelbase is good for stability... C99 Wira is more like a sleeper car to me. Looks like ordinary Wira but actually not.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
They say a shorter wheelbase have better handling than long wheelbase... But longer wheelbase is good for stability... C99 Wira is more like a sleeper car to me. Looks like ordinary Wira but actually not.
Sleeper is good, like my VR......hahhahahha:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
When I see any VR, I never thought of it being a slow car. :biggrin:

Putra also can be sleeper if retain stock on all exterior bits... But the 2 door coupe look is a giveaway that this isn't some ordinary slow car. :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Last time a group of friends helped to restore a friends beat up old Putra. His bumpers were dangling on with cable ties, door and fender dented, crapped up maroon paint job and stock rims. But we had already stroked and oversized the pistons, did a lot of mods on the engine and it was one of more proudest achievements. Once there was a Integra DC2 that was kacauing the fella and when the Putra downshifted and gave that DC2 a run for its money, the most priceless thing was the DC2 drivers face.

In the end we completely rebuilt the car and repainted it. But the dumbass owner didn't know how to look after it and it ended up in a sinkhole in Penang and the car drowned. We fixed what we could to get the car going again, the owner went back to Penang and the car got stolen. Later found a kosong chassis and the engine in Sunway.

Damn bad luck man.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When I see any VR, I never thought of it being a slow car. :biggrin:

Putra also can be sleeper if retain stock on all exterior bits... But the 2 door coupe look is a giveaway that this isn't some ordinary slow car. :rofl:
That is because you know a VR when you see one. Many think is just a beat up old Mitsu...hahaha:biggrin:
But many guards at Government premises when I stop to get my pass to go in, they will come over to inspect the car, try to look under the bumper for the intercooler and so on.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Last time a group of friends helped to restore a friends beat up old Putra. His bumpers were dangling on with cable ties, door and fender dented, crapped up maroon paint job and stock rims. But we had already stroked and oversized the pistons, did a lot of mods on the engine and it was one of more proudest achievements. Once there was a Integra DC2 that was kacauing the fella and when the Putra downshifted and gave that DC2 a run for its money, the most priceless thing was the DC2 drivers face.

In the end we completely rebuilt the car and repainted it. But the dumbass owner didn't know how to look after it and it ended up in a sinkhole in Penang and the car drowned. We fixed what we could to get the car going again, the owner went back to Penang and the car got stolen. Later found a kosong chassis and the engine in Sunway.

Damn bad luck man.
Wah! Really bad luck loh! but manage to locate the engine even?
Another Real Sleeper is like the old saga that could tail me on the NKVE, have VR4 engine like mine....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Damn bad luck man.
NA or turbo Putra? How did it manage to win a DC2 that had either a 180hp B18C or 195hp B18CR.... A surprise indeed.

It's sad that the car suffered a poor fate in the end.

That is because you know a VR when you see one. Many think is just a beat up old Mitsu...hahaha:biggrin:
But many guards at Government premises when I stop to get my pass to go in, they will come over to inspect the car, try to look under the bumper for the intercooler and so on.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Wah! Really bad luck loh! but manage to locate the engine even?
Another Real Sleeper is like the old saga that could tail me on the NKVE, have VR4 engine like mine....:biggrin:
Your car is already legally endorsed isn't it? Should be okay if they check? Or they are just curious to see what you have in your car. :biggrin:

I saw before an old Saga at youtube with lots of video about it. Called Saga Squirt or something. Using a highly modified 4G15. Anyone heard of this before? Regarding suspension, old Saga is using torsion beam or multi link at the rear? There is always this big 'tong' thing at the back which blocks my view from seeing what suspension it is using.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Damn bad luck man.
I cri evritim.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I saw before an old Saga at youtube with lots of video about it. Called Saga Squirt or something. Using a highly modified 4G15. Anyone heard of this before? Regarding suspension, old Saga is using torsion beam or multi link at the rear? There is always this big 'tong' thing at the back which blocks my view from seeing what suspension it is using.
squirt saga famous wooo..

using megasquirt ecu... :driver:

saga use torsion beam..but nothing like the myvi type...a little different....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
squirt saga famous wooo..

using megasquirt ecu... :driver:

saga use torsion beam..but nothing like the myvi type...a little different....
That exhaust sound of it sounds fierce like race car... Even it's spark plugs look different from conventional ones... Never heard of megasquirt before. Better than Haltech, V-Con, F-Con, E-manage those?

Maybe it is an old type of torsion beam...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
That exhaust sound of it sounds fierce like race car... Even it's spark plugs look different from conventional ones... Never heard of megasquirt before. Better than Haltech, V-Con, F-Con, E-manage those?

Maybe it is an old type of torsion beam...
the good thing about megaquirt ecu is cheap yet having better function of other branded ecu,,,,

but the trick is...u got to DIY...

MegaSquirt(R) FAQ Main Page

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all bro and shifu....can tell me if i install fuel regulator to my car will get what function??my car is proton wira 4g13p.And when i install,how to setting that vaccum adjustable?..and how many kpba to stay with that meter on fuel regulator for my 4g13p??thanks.... :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience