Whining noise from engine bay

kennywee

Sep 1, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello everyone. I'm driving a Proton Persona and I noticed the whining sound from the front left side of the engine bay. It's a new car since May 2012.
The whining sound only occur during 1st gear and reverse gear. At 1st I thought it's the gearbox bearing, but got it checked by Proton CoSE and they claimed that nothing is wrong with the gearbox bearing. :banghead:
Now I notice that the whining sound occur even if I put my gear to Neutral and let it "roll".
Could it be something to do with belt?
Noticed the whining sound when the car clocked 5xxx KM and now the car has clocked 7200KM. Sent to Proton SC for 3 times already. They lubricate my clutch system and bleed it as well. The noise went off for few days and it came back.
Anyone can help me with this as I don't wanna waste more time going back to Proton CoSE for the 4TH TIME but they can't pinpoint my problem.
Btw, I'm driving a manual one. Thank you everyone for reading :adore:

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Its not the belt as the whining noise only occurs at certain gears and not the entire time. You said that the noise went off for some time when they lubricated your clutch. I suspect that either the clutch bearing or clutch itself is the cause.

kennywee

Sep 1, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Its not the belt as the whining noise only occurs at certain gears and not the entire time. You said that the noise went off for some time when they lubricated your clutch. I suspect that either the clutch bearing or clutch itself is the cause.
Hmmm. The 1st thing they check is the clutch. I don't know if they went thoroughly or not. Btw, I did let the car roll freely without pressing on clutch or the accelerator. The noise is noticeable too.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Milk the CoSE dry. Your car is new and complain until they either give you a new car or fix the problem. A new car shouldn't be this troublesome and since Proton is bucking up their poor reputation you should work that.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, Repsol and Pennzoil Carnival sales on from 25th to 28th November 2015.

If you need engine oil, see can get something cheap from there....

https://www.facebook.com/events/151...gular&feed_story_type=263&action_history=null

Just sharing with members.......:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience