Driving without a front license plate

couleur

Known Member
Mar 20, 2008
Hi guys,

What happens if one is caught driving without a front numberplate in front of the car? Will the police just issue a saman or will the consequence be much worst than just a saman? Such as towing the car back to balai or JPJ?

The last topic was discussed on lowyat more than 13 years ago. Someone mentioned that the police only fine them RM70 according to the law back then. I was wondering has anything changed so far?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys,

What happens if one is caught driving without a front numberplate in front of the car? Will the police just issue a saman or will the consequence be much worst than just a saman? Such as towing the car back to balai or JPJ?

The last topic was discussed on lowyat more than 13 years ago. Someone mentioned that the police only fine them RM70 according to the law back then. I was wondering has anything changed so far?
Not sure, but I doubt it is that serious. Probably depends on the police/personnel who caught you too......

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys,

if you're honest and not aware... sometime you will just get a warning and ask to replace it ASAP. They would like to catch on other more offence like expired roadtax, license, loud exhaust, etc.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if you're honest and not aware... sometime you will just get a warning and ask to replace it ASAP. They would like to catch on other more offence like expired roadtax, license, loud exhaust, etc.
If asking means aware already.....hahhahahha
If aware go get it replaced, like my friend drive through flood water came home, number plate missing..... :smokin:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
sometimes plates spoil the lines of the car like the RX7 FD. Maybe he's asking cuz he's wanting to take the risk
That's being stubbornly stupid. One cannot bend laws to suit themselves. Well not unless you are the PM

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi guys,

If your car is legal then there are no reasons for JPJ to confiscate your car. Worst they can do is ossue u a notice and tell u to bring your car to JPJ and prove to them the issue is fixed.

During this period, saman is a guarantee.

couleur

Known Member
Mar 20, 2008
Thanks guys, I heard the driving without a front license plate saman is lower than having a fancy plate. Is this true? I have yet to confirm, theres not much information about no numberplate saman.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Why would you want to put nitrous oxide injection in your car?

Because it's the easiest, most powerful and cheapest way to produce horsepower!
I get a lot of emails with questions about nitrous, "what's nitrous?", "how does it work?", "will it blow up my engine?", "how much does it cost?". The purpose of these pages is to answer questions like this, my goal is to have something here for everyone, from complete beginners to experienced nitrous heads.

Pls visit pro Nos Tuning...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience