4g93 Mivec Turbo Waja project(Many pictures be warned)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My special order from the Land Of The Rising Sun had arrived!

Cusco Mission oil 75w85 GL-4 oil for my gearbox with Cusco LSD. Hopefully with this it will be silky smooth. Need to wait for my MIVEC gear ratios to arrive then I'll pour this in. This oil pretty much does not exist in Malaysia, even the official distributor here does not bring this oil in. GL-4 rating for FWD gearboxes with brass synchros.

RHDJapan is an awesome place to buy legit stuff from Japan by the way :beer:
wow.. how did you manage to ship this at a reasonable rate? The whole carton is yours? Sell me one? :biggrin:

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
wow.. how did you manage to ship this at a reasonable rate? The whole carton is yours? Sell me one? :biggrin:
6 bottles + Fedex Priority was only RM640 or so, roughly RM106 per can. Locally here people selling the other Cusco LSD oil at RM200 per can of 1L lol.

And why you need this? You're an RWD means you can use basically any LSD oil in the market with GL-5 rating. This oil is rated GL-4 specifically for FWD gearboxes.

The poison is strong with this one :laugh:
Poison for what? I just share the happiness :burnout:

Also, now i suspect my clutch master pump got problem, few times happened the clutch pedal biting point just dropped.... gahhh more time at the workshop

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
6 bottles + Fedex Priority was only RM640 or so, roughly RM106 per can. Locally here people selling the other Cusco LSD oil at RM200 per can of 1L lol.

And why you need this? You're an RWD means you can use basically any LSD oil in the market with GL-5 rating. This oil is rated GL-4 specifically for FWD gearboxes.
That's a verrrry good price. If you ever group buy something like this in future let me know please!

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
That's a verrrry good price. If you ever group buy something like this in future let me know please!
Nehh, I'll buy just enough for myself, because if I buy too much will catch the attention of the kastam.... And yes it's cheaper to buy from Japan than from the official distributor here

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nehh, I'll buy just enough for myself, because if I buy too much will catch the attention of the kastam.... And yes it's cheaper to buy from Japan than from the official distributor here
Kinda makes me wonder about fans and stuff too. Perhaps I could get an aftermarket fan cheap too.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
That is why Tesco and Aeon Big can sell their oil so cheap, but lately Tesco no more.....:dontknow:
Lolz don't dare try oil from unknown sources. Then again I read before international forums people using Tesco oil they say not too bad, but not sure our Malaysia Tesco oil sama with overseas Tesco oil anot, and they don't have the viscosity that I want anyway. I actually tried it once, feels ok to me, but coincidentally while using that oil my engine broke down, piston lubang from engine knocking so oh well....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Lolz don't dare try oil from unknown sources. Then again I read before international forums people using Tesco oil they say not too bad, but not sure our Malaysia Tesco oil sama with overseas Tesco oil anot, and they don't have the viscosity that I want anyway. I actually tried it once, feels ok to me, but coincidentally while using that oil my engine broke down, piston lubang from engine knocking so oh well....
Tesco oil from overseas too, in fact Tesco is overseas MNC and many members have been using their oil. Now less because no more sales.....lol

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Anyway, some updates!

Just bought a pair of Evo 3 front brake set with disc and calipers, truly plug and play with the Waja knuckle, no modifications required other than prying the disc cover thingy slightly since the discs are slightly larger. RM450 only including postage from Terengganu, a price I could not resist! Finally I get the brake upgrade the car deserves haha

Evo brakes on the top, my stock Waja brakes on the bottom

Before:

And now

Just wish the brakes are slightly larger though, the discs still does not fill up my rim as much as I want to, but oh well, can't complain too much I guess considering they were from the early 90's.

Also, my clutch was feeling weird for the past month or so, sometimes the biting point will just drop. Checked around and found out my clutch slave pump was leaking fluids, and since the fluids was all black and dirty from worn seals, and my master pump was also a couple years old, i just terus changed both one shot, cost for the parts is just RM200 including a bottle of brake fluid so might as well, at least I know my clutch system is in tip top shape. After installing and bleeding, the clutch pedal does feels smoother than before.

Reactions: Izso and sanekit

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Tesco oil from overseas too, in fact Tesco is overseas MNC and many members have been using their oil. Now less because no more sales.....lol
Yaka? I remember last time I bought, can't really find much info on it on the bottle. Anybody tried the Aeon oil kononnya from Japan wan ar :sweatsmile:

I have my doubts on those oils really

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yaka? I remember last time I bought, can't really find much info on it on the bottle. Anybody tried the Aeon oil kononnya from Japan wan ar :sweatsmile:

I have my doubts on those oils really
Aeon brand oil should be local or SG blended but got API rating woh!. The other one sold by them are Mitsu oil

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys. Have question on evo I.

It was OK after the convertion. But only got this problem lately.

The boost doesnt come on time. Sometimes 3.5K rpm full boost sometimes may be 4K-5K.
The car feels laggish compare to last time.

Sometimes after boosting, the check engine light will be on.
Then when idle, RPM will be less than 1K. The car will be shaking.
Throttle becomes heavier. Can acccelerate but rpm takes very long to build up.

After body has any idea whats happening?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience