What are you driving now?

People always say TME is legendary but due to what? Lighter than CT9A series while still using the newer powerful 'terbalik' type 4G63T?

Due to being rare coz limited number just to commemorate Makinen's 4 straight rally titles, the most hardcore coz as close as you can have to a rally car for the road, and surprisingly might still be the fastest Evo to date even compared to the IX!

Ya true. Safety first. Lots of powahhh, legs must strong too.
Even puny td04 already make me sweat when i first time drive turbo engine.
Upgrade on correct suspension, UR bars added and wheels really help. Make Driving more fun.

Yup..my palm and i were sweating like rain when first time boost on perdanalution. It is fun, cheap thrill they say. Hahaha.

stock evo's i suppose is more than enough. Like bro 6uest mention, for street use it is good enough to make those amg run for their money. Now got new player joining in street, Kia GT :driver:

Future car might be evo instead of subaru to replace my current ride. The potential/driveability/maintenance experience leans toward evo instead of subie.:biggrin:

I have been playing mod on NA for quite some time, simple stuffs like exhaust, filter etc.,
Not until I jump to my turbo transplant then only I felt the worthiness of modding. Experiencing the jump in power is really satisfying. Initially I did do some mod to the turbo, like air filter, fuel regulator etc., but I find myself back in square one, felt exactly like my NA mod, felt so little improvement or maybe not at all. So gave up modding further....hhahhahahha:rofl:

Fuel regulator got what use actually? Improving the consistency of fuel delivery?

I've only done one engine mod which is the extractor. For the price I pay and the improvement I gained, I think it is okay. At least now I don't have to switch off the air cond to really feel power from engine. Now with this extractor mod, it still feels more powerful with air cond on compared to air cond off during stock extractor.

Due to being rare coz limited number just to commemorate Makinen's 4 straight rally titles, the most hardcore coz as close as you can have to a rally car for the road, and surprisingly might still be the fastest Evo to date even compared to the IX!

For the non T.M.E, is it also that good?

Maybe it is fastest Evo in stock form? But when it comes to powerful mods like those time attack machines, people then to choose CT9A chassis instead of CP9A.

Yup..my palm and i were sweating like rain when first time boost on perdanalution. It is fun, cheap thrill they say. Hahaha.

stock evo's i suppose is more than enough. Like bro 6uest mention, for street use it is good enough to make those amg run for their money. Now got new player joining in street, Kia GT :driver:

Future car might be evo instead of subaru to replace my current ride. The potential/driveability/maintenance experience leans toward evo instead of subie.:biggrin:

Eh, I thought initially you want to buy version 8?

Fuel regulator got what use actually? Improving the consistency of fuel delivery?

Yup, regulate the fuel return pressure. Can tune what pressure you want, in a way higher pressure to force more fuel in. Cost is high and power felt like none and FC goes way up :smokin:.........lol:rofl:

For the non T.M.E, is it also that good?

Maybe it is fastest Evo in stock form? But when it comes to powerful mods like those time attack machines, people then to choose CT9A chassis instead of CP9A.

Well yes it is! Just a hair behind the TME but still bloody fast and can also still match the IX stock for stock!

See this video of Vicky Butler from Fifth Gear putting them head-to-head and surprisingly the VI GSR still won by a hair that day! :driver:

[youtube]3YG3uoadVgk[/youtube]

Yup, regulate the fuel return pressure. Can tune what pressure you want, in a way higher pressure to force more fuel in. Cost is high and power felt like none and FC goes way up :smokin:.........lol:rofl:

Not much use for fuel regulator unless engine is heavily modified until it requires more fuel. Like maybe injector upgrade, displacement increase.

Well yes it is! Just a hair behind the TME but still bloody fast and can also still match the IX stock for stock!

See this video of Vicky Butler from Fifth Gear putting them head-to-head and surprisingly the VI GSR still won by a hair that day! :driver:

[youtube]3YG3uoadVgk[/youtube]

Stock to stock, Evo VI seems to be able to hold up against newer Evo. But when it comes to mod, I read before in Option magazine that the wheel size capacity for CP9A chassis is more limited compared to CT9A chassis. But they are actually discussing about time attack machines where they fit 295mm width tyres.

Your link not appearing, LOL

6 looks so much more stable, like Vicky said less tail happy, but 9 have so much electronic help some more.....lol

Stock to stock, Evo VI seems to be able to hold up against newer Evo. But when it comes to mod, I read before in Option magazine that the wheel size capacity for CP9A chassis is more limited compared to CT9A chassis. But they are actually discussing about time attack machines where they fit 295mm width tyres.

Your link not appearing, LOL

6 looks so much more stable, like Vicky said less tail happy, but 9 have so much electronic help some more.....lol

In terms of mods for time attack machines, maybe the CT9A will be better coz the aero is better too.

The stock VI was quicker coz it was lighter hence more agile. Probably the track used in that video was also a bit short and finicky, making the agility factor even more pronounced.

For me the video link appears leh. :biggrin:

The 9 AYC setup was purposely made to be more tail happy than previous versions, as the Mitsu engineers said to make the car behave more natural, what ever that means. That's why during the comparison test in Japan, the test driver commented that the 8MR may actually be better in slippery conditions/wet. That's why the 8MR might still be a very good choice and might be more suitable & not inferior in certain conditions compared to the 9. But both of them were certainly much more improved compared to the normal 8 & 7 GSR.

Last edited:
In terms of mods for time attack machines, maybe the CT9A will be better coz the aero is better too.

The stock VI was quicker coz it was lighter hence more agile. Probably the track used in that video was also a bit short and finicky, making the agility factor even more pronounced.

For me the video link appears leh. :biggrin:

The 9 AYC setup was purposely made to be more tail happy than previous versions, as the Mitsu engineers said to make the car behave more natural, what ever that means. That's why during the comparison test in Japan, the test driver commented that the 8MR may actually be better in slippery conditions/wet. That's why the 8MR might still be a very good choice and might be more suitable & not inferior in certain conditions compared to the 9. But both of them were certainly much more improved compared to the normal 8 & 7 GSR.

So between 8 and 9, which one do you prefer? You will go for 8?

I'd still go with the 9 unless can get the 8MR at a much better price.

8MR also won't be cheap I think. Saw even the standard 8 GSR also cost quite expensive now at mudah. Recently I found out most Evo in mudah are advertised as Mitsubishi Evo. No wonder throughout the past few months, I can't find much Evo for sale because I typed Lancer Evo or Lancer Evolution on search. :banghead:

8MR also won't be cheap I think. Saw even the standard 8 GSR also cost quite expensive now at mudah. Recently I found out most Evo in mudah are advertised as Mitsubishi Evo. No wonder throughout the past few months, I can't find much Evo for sale because I typed Lancer Evo or Lancer Evolution on search. :banghead:

Always searching, means Bro. Renesis dream still on.......:driver:

hahaha!!! kene pandai pandai cari.... search all combinations yo!

Yes 8MR is also still expensive, only got some a few years back selling below 90k, the rest are above, some are even ridiculously priced more than the 9! 8 GSR can be much cheaper, the last year or so got some selling at 75-80k, even though recently some still asking 80-90k.

Search in mudah just type Evo, then set the gearbox to manual.

if 9 is already consider tail happy then try wait for the 10:biggrin: with ASC on , in a u turn, drive faster a bit,throttle more, turn steering more faster a bit, the S-AWC take action (acd,ayc and the vsc grab the rear outer and front outer brake) , car rear goes slide and there come the traction light, bye bye throttle:biggrin:

and honestly i think e 10 quite dangerous to drive compare to old mechanical e3, coz it always behave oversteer unless almost reach the limit then under steer, due to the weight and electronic maybe, sudden understeer is scary

if 9 is already consider tail happy then try wait for the 10:biggrin: with ASC on , in a u turn, drive faster a bit,throttle more, turn steering more faster a bit, the S-AWC take action (acd,ayc and the vsc grab the rear outer and front outer brake) , car rear goes slide and there come the traction light, bye bye throttle:biggrin:

and honestly i think e 10 quite dangerous to drive compare to old mechanical e3, coz it always behave oversteer unless almost reach the limit then under steer, due to the weight and electronic maybe, sudden understeer is scary

That means the behavior is more weird & unpredictable isn't it?
What if you turn the ASC off?

That means the behavior is more weird & unpredictable isn't it?
What if you turn the ASC off?

Then everything manual. My friend who has one, actually turn off all electronic aids and went touge with it......lol:driver:

Then everything manual. My friend who has one, actually turn off all electronic aids and went touge with it......lol:driver:

Coz many modern cars cannot turn off completely too even if it says turn off! For example Mark X VSC, got button that says turn off but actually not 100% off, same goes with VW Golf R.

Always searching, means Bro. Renesis dream still on.......:driver:

Every time when free, will go mudah to check out cars. Normally like to search for Impreza, Skyline, Evo, 350Z.

STI his first choice tho....

Yeah. If not STI, will be Evo. :biggrin:

Yes 8MR is also still expensive, only got some a few years back selling below 90k, the rest are above, some are even ridiculously priced more than the 9! 8 GSR can be much cheaper, the last year or so got some selling at 75-80k, even though recently some still asking 80-90k.

Search in mudah just type Evo, then set the gearbox to manual.

Now the price gap between Evo 8 GSR and Impreza WRX STI Version 8 is like 20k difference. Used to be very closely priced but now the gap is getting wider. But when it comes to Evo 7, price dropped a lot compared to 8.

If just type Evo, sure those Proton Evo will appear too. Perdana Evo, Satria Evo, Wira Evo, Putra Evo. Sometimes, Mitsubishi Storm Evo will also appear. :rofl:

I actually thought newer Evo with high tech stuff like X is more easy to drive than older ones. :banghead:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom