WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahahah, over here.....everything can be legalised and kowtim, with enuf marney and knowing the right ppl.

My unker has a shipping company, and you'll be surprised to hear from him that what is wrong in the eye of the law can be settled with enuf moolah....

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Well once upon a time when i was in Aussie, i was planning to buy an E7 to roam around and later on shipped the car back. Unfortunately i don't want to waste my money so i din do it. I wonder, if in Malaysia i can't find any E8, what will be the cost for me to import one from Aussie into Malaysia. Anyone has any idea at all ?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well once upon a time when i was in Aussie, i was planning to buy an E7 to roam around and later on shipped the car back. Unfortunately i don't want to waste my money so i din do it. I wonder, if in Malaysia i can't find any E8, what will be the cost for me to import one from Aussie into Malaysia. Anyone has any idea at all ?
You don't have AP, how to import? To get one will cost you many k. Then the tax issue. Firstly is CBU so tax very very high, than you cannot use your purchase or import price as the custom already have a fixed price and they will follow their price list....:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You don't have AP, how to import? To get one will cost you many k. Then the tax issue. Firstly is CBU so tax very very high, than you cannot use your purchase or import price as the custom already have a fixed price and they will follow their price list....:banghead:
Back then, he can probably get student AP. Now can't... :banghead:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I stayed there for over a year as a student, i can take it back. Dealing with custom stuffs i have no idea, that's why i need to ask.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
If he had bought the Evo7 that time, he could apply to bring back, but as I read his post the Evo8 is for now, so that will be difficult......
Yeah back then i can take it back by using student AP. Now i can't do that anymore haha. Probably from SG, try to get those SG E8 to be registered ?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yeah back then i can take it back by using student AP. Now i can't do that anymore haha. Probably from SG, try to get those SG E8 to be registered ?
From what I have heard, SG people don't really take care of their cars nicely especially during the last few years before their COE expires. Put it this way, a COE only lasts for 10 years and after that, you need to renew it or sold the car away for export or scrapping. So, if you are the SG owner of the car, you probably won't really take good care of the car in its last 2 years.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
From what I have heard, SG people don't really take care of their cars nicely especially during the last few years before their COE expires. Put it this way, a COE only lasts for 10 years and after that, you need to renew it or sold the car away for export or scrapping. So, if you are the SG owner of the car, you probably won't really take good care of the car in its last 2 years.
I think its kinda unfair to generalise all of SG to be like that. However i won't deny that might be possibilities like what you have told me. Great info ! I am looking for a ride thats gonna be my other "Soulmate", so i foreseen the journey will be tough and long. Talk about BROMANCE :biggrin::biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think its kinda unfair to generalise all of SG to be like that. However i won't deny that might be possibilities like what you have told me. Great info ! I am looking for a ride thats gonna be my other "Soulmate", so i foreseen the journey will be tough and long. Talk about BROMANCE :biggrin::biggrin:
My mistake earlier. You right, I shouldn't generalize them in that way. Just that the possibilities of such owners are higher compared to Malaysians.

Hope you are going to keep your new car for long. Cars like Evo VIII will definitely become a modern classic in the next 20 years. Just look at what BNR32 Skyline GT-R has become now. Or those older KPGC10 and KPGC110. Legendary icons.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
My mistake earlier. You right, I shouldn't generalize them in that way. Just that the possibilities of such owners are higher compared to Malaysians.

Hope you are going to keep your new car for long. Cars like Evo VIII will definitely become a modern classic in the next 20 years. Just look at what BNR32 Skyline GT-R has become now. Or those older KPGC10 and KPGC110. Legendary icons.
Nah it's ok and alright. Unless suddenly a random singaporean passed by and saw your earlier post then he might or might not concern about it. Just checked for BNR32 price on mudah, WTF its a whooping over 120k ! Its so crazily priced for a sports car that is near 30 yrs old !!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nah it's ok and alright. Unless suddenly a random singaporean passed by and saw your earlier post then he might or might not concern about it. Just checked for BNR32 price on mudah, WTF its a whooping over 120k ! Its so crazily priced for a sports car that is near 30 yrs old !!
Oh, you mean those recon units of BNR32? If you have the cash, I think it was not really a bad deal considering you get a car that is mostly stock except for minor mods such as exhaust, air filter and steering. If you are getting used BNR32 here, I think they cost around 90k but most of them are no longer stock.

One thing I find weird is, used BNR32 and BCNR33 is closely priced over here. Since BCNR33 is newer, shouldn't it worth more or the BNR32 is just expensive. But R33 is always the less loved model compared to R32 and R34. Great car nonetheless.

A similar case would be those old Evo. Evo I and II is very rare over here so I can't say much about the price. But Evo III is priced closely with IV, V and sometimes even VI. I guess that is due to the nature of Evo III being regarded as one of the pinnacle goal point of many Proton drivers, especially Wira owners. The 'ori lancer' factor matters a lot here, haha. :biggrin: But Lancer GT did not get such status despite the presence of Inspira.

Last edited:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Oh, you mean those recon units of BNR32? If you have the cash, I think it was not really a bad deal considering you get a car that is mostly stock except for minor mods such as exhaust, air filter and steering. If you are getting used BNR32 here, I think they cost around 90k but most of them are no longer stock.

One thing I find weird is, used BNR32 and BCNR33 is closely priced over here. Since BCNR33 is newer, shouldn't it worth more or the BNR32 is just expensive. But R33 is always the less loved model compared to R32 and R34. Great car nonetheless.

A similar case would be those old Evo. Evo I and II is very rare over here so I can't say much about the price. But Evo III is priced closely with IV, V and sometimes even VI. I guess that is due to the nature of Evo III being regarded as one of the pinnacle goal point of many Proton drivers, especially Wira owners. The 'ori lancer' factor matters a lot here, haha. :biggrin: But Lancer GT did not get such status despite the presence of Inspira.
Whether being recon or local BNR32, that price is seriously crazy ... BNR33 had a lot of disappointment back in the days i supposed, thats why it doesn't fetch higher value than BNR32, BNR34 on the other hand has a higher price tag but i think its about 40k more than BNR32.

Hahaha lots of Wiralution on the road and i assumed most people just see them as the same car with different badge and outlooks. Nowadays people are very into branding, thanks to education and money factor, hence Lancer GT still hold its value despite the introduction of Inspira. Nothing beats an original branding i suppose.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Whether being recon or local BNR32, that price is seriously crazy ... BNR33 had a lot of disappointment back in the days i supposed, thats why it doesn't fetch higher value than BNR32, BNR34 on the other hand has a higher price tag but i think its about 40k more than BNR32.

Hahaha lots of Wiralution on the road and i assumed most people just see them as the same car with different badge and outlooks. Nowadays people are very into branding, thanks to education and money factor, hence Lancer GT still hold its value despite the introduction of Inspira. Nothing beats an original branding i suppose.
BNR34 had much improvements in terms of electronics compared to BNR32. Even some parts for the RB26DETT is different in BNR34.

No, I didn't mean about Lancer GT holding its value. What I mean is, Lancer GT's used value still had not soared yet compared to the old Lancer CB/MX which the Wira is based on. The price of those old Lancer is quite high compared to other cars around that time such as Corolla AE101, Civic EG.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

So trying to keep your Wira another 20 years then see it go up in value......hhahhahahahha

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
So trying to keep your Wira another 20 years then see it go up in value......hhahhahahahha
Wahahahaha that could happen ? But provided if Renesis can keep the car in running condition. But after so many years, can the chassis still remain the same without going through a complete restoration. That includes strip the car naked and add on braces and spot wielding. I know a guy in Klang that does these kind of works professionally, but i am afraid in another 5 years, he will stop doing it as he is quite old and no one in his family wants to inherit his business.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Planning to keep it as daily car to save up $ for weekend car. Need to keep the car mostly stock to gain value. :biggrin:

Wahahahaha that could happen ? But provided if Renesis can keep the car in running condition. But after so many years, can the chassis still remain the same without going through a complete restoration. That includes strip the car naked and add on braces and spot wielding. I know a guy in Klang that does these kind of works professionally, but i am afraid in another 5 years, he will stop doing it as he is quite old and no one in his family wants to inherit his business.
Restoration is the first thing that I am considering to do once I graduated and found a job with enough income. Respraying and rust removal will be first I think. I'll look at other things as well such as replacement of engine mountings (already changed 2 recently) and adjustable suspension (the stock one seems quite worn out). I'm not really into adding bodykits and exterior mods.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Planning to keep it as daily car to save up $ for weekend car. Need to keep the car mostly stock to gain value. :biggrin:

Restoration is the first thing that I am considering to do once I graduated and found a job with enough income. Respraying and rust removal will be first I think. I'll look at other things as well such as replacement of engine mountings (already changed 2 recently) and adjustable suspension (the stock one seems quite worn out). I'm not really into adding bodykits and exterior mods.
Want me to hook you up to the Klang dude i am talking about ? I have seen his work on a S30 at his place. Restoring the chassis by repairing the frames and removing the dust.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today we are here to get this Passat Opti-Coated but complications had already occur way before the client contacted us.
There were some severe scratches but not deep into the metal as briefed by the client. We reached the client around noon and started inspecting.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience