What type of fish can last?

which type of fish got many colour on its body? and it's small size which cannot grow bigger?...becoz i wanna put in the office and just for display..dun wish it to grow bigger...anyone know?...

Originally posted by bluesapphire@Dec 9 2004, 16:16
which type of fish got many colour on its body? and it's small size which cannot grow bigger?...becoz i wanna put in the office and just for display..dun wish it to grow bigger...anyone know?...
Go for Blue Acara the color dam chun and the biggest they can grow is like the size of "Sau Seng Kong"!!!

Originally posted by simplythebest@Dec 9 2004, 12:39
I'm not very good in fish stuff, but I used to rare sepat, puyu, and afew 'eat shit' fish <--- if you guys know which fish I'm taking about :lol: the black color one his mouth is like a vacuum cleaner LOL :lol: .. these fishes can last very long especially the puyu. But I prefer a nicer fish most importantly can last long. I rare before gold fish about 20+ of them all died after 2-3 months :ph34r:

I'm not sure what setup to go for, only the normal one by using normal water with 'clorin' and oxigen .. saltwater those have to wait when I'm a pro. I will be going to glass shop to custom my own aquarium fish tank, much cheaper than fish shop I think. :rolleyes:

Fighting fish too small to see, i prefer the size bigger a little. Hey guys, my budget only RM 100 for a pair ok. I hope all the fishes you all name is within my budget so I can go look look.

Can recommend me a brand for oxigen? price leh?

I will also rare some tortoise. :lol: <--- very cheap budget and very very very long lasting.

Thanks.
with that budget i think i wanna see fighting fish doing da gang fight... :lol: the fittest survive... then keep a bit of balance of rm10.. buy toman.. then throw it in and the toman got free food.

peacock fish also not bad wat......colorful. eat less shit less, no need care so much.

pearl arowana, only RM50 for juvenile. very hardy, clean fish, seldom change water, no need oxygen. ++++++ ELEGANT!

used to have one, loves to jump haha, jump out of the aquarium and dried up when i found it. so sad.

then i bought another one, this one die because i lazy to feed the fishes and it just died.

both my pearl arowana likes to jump. so you make sure you cover it up nicely, my first arowana jump out through a hole of a pingpong ball size.

arowana la
very cheap hahaha

ppl say it brings good luck also
last time i have this fish, very nice to see it eat the cengkerik :lol:

Originally posted by pk47@Dec 9 2004, 14:59
Bro,
Welcome back. Long time no see mana pergi?

You can try buy the 'sword fish', in orange color 1. Cheap and easy to life..... ;)
Connectionless for the past 6 weeks due to modem 'KONG' and some technical problem with my streamyx line :o .. KNNCCB! Online too much, modem cannot stand bai :lol: I have bought a dozen of 'Planta' standby.

Modem got back already, waiting for the telekom ppl to transfer my line .. I make a new line and upgraded to 1MB .. Yummy :P :lol:

Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG+Dec 9 2004, 15:20 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BLaCkHoWLiNG @ Dec 9 2004, 15:20 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-simplythebest@Dec 9 2004, 11:54
Hi all,

Looking forward to rare a fish as pet in my room  :lol: , what fish can last for long? Budget not too high (RM 100 or less). I'm buying in pair.  :rolleyes:

Thanks  B)
if u're a very attractive girl.. u can lure a type of fish into your room.. hell, into
anywhere u want... for free.. it'll even have cash and transportation for u as well..
it can live without being in water... it's called waterfish

;) [/b][/quote]
Basket :P , very cun oh Ultraman avatar :lol:

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions and advise. Sorry for the late response like Ahpek :lol: , connectionless at home temporary.

I will check out all the fishes mention here, and try to take some pics of the fish that I like (if the boss allow me to do so), then I ask for you guys opinions whether this fish is good long lasting or not.

About the fighting fish, many of you suggested, but I don't really like fighting fish .. just dislike fish attacking each other :lol: .Is Toman good? the fish body very smooth like jelly .. can last? :rolleyes:

Thanks again. :D

try Oscar fish .. easy fish to rare, when it grows big can feed cricket or prawns.
cheap maintainence and not so much hassel.

Keep this fish (Ikan Kalui), easy to maintain, need no oxygen. Can be herbivore or carnivore. Mine's about 5 years old now.

DSC02737r.jpg

anyone got Blue Acara, Peacock Fish, and Pearl Arowana Fish's pic o not....wanna see if ngam o not...what's their name in chinese...becoz i stay in klang later dunno english mah cham

looks like 'fei zau yu'... the one we normally catch at fishing pond and eat at restaurant.

oscar is a messy fish, very hardy, grows up fast and big, can be train to hand feed.

toman, not recommended, their aggresive nature can easy break your aquarium apart.

if you want hardy fish and easy maintainance, try gourami, they don't take oxygen from the water, there are a lot of types of gourami, all quite beautiful one. or you can go for kissing gourami and see them kissing all nite long. fighting fish is in the same family as gourami.

fighting fish will not fight unless you put them together, fighting fish can also survive in a water bottle with only 1 inch depth of water. but their lifespan is about 1 to 2 year usually only 1 year.

it really depends on what type of fish you like, as in, you want them to be the very steady type who will stay in one corner motionless, or you like them to swim around or some very active fish.

Originally posted by sonictheory@Dec 12 2004, 15:45
anyone got Blue Acara, Peacock Fish, and Pearl Arowana Fish's pic o not....wanna see if ngam o not...what's their name in chinese...becoz i stay in klang later dunno english mah cham
peacock fish and pearl arowana will be a direct translation into cantonese.

ebel_blueacara1.jpg

blue acara

wow ! that blue acara is nice .. fresh water or salt ?
is it agressive ? i'm planning to get about 50 neon tetras and put inside
a 2 feet by 1 feet tank, so it looks really nice .. but they're not very active fishes :(

I used to keep 30 neons in a big horlick jar, along, i have a jawa leaf plant bound to a piece of wood in the center of the jar, then i keep some dori's to keep the scavenge the leftover food.

neons are very nice fish, quite hardy also. there are oso another type than the neon, but also very reflective in color, and body size about the same as neons, maybe you will want to mix. but neons are not cheap for the size you got them for.

dori is a type of catfish, very very cute tiny tiny dori, comes in a lot of species, got albino, got some is black, stripes, dotted. usually about half inch size. very hardy as well.

blue acara is a type of cichlid, freshwater.

another suggestion is, you keep a tank of tiger barbs. there are the normal striped, green bodied, and albino. so maybe you keep 5 of each. and you have a very busy aquarium. but they are not friendly fish. will kacau other fish.

*anyway, most of the aquarium filter i saw nowadays are for big aquarium, means the motor pump is very strong and the water squirt out from the pump is very fast and high pressure. not suitable for your normal small aquarium, especially for your small fish. will recommend you to get the cheapo box/sponge filter that run on the air pump.

andrew,get guppy la
with 10 bucks u can get 10
in 2 weeks u can reach 100
wahahhaha
u need a water tank to rear guppy
hahahahha

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom