Need suggestion : Malaysia Boleh workshop

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Still, Kia engine not many do performance upgrade, unlike Mitsu and Hondas......
Hehehe.... That is the reason of this topic. I need a good workshop that do custom jobs with fair price.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Im not looking for just upgrading for the Carens. The Carens FC is not giving good mileage. No faulty sensors... Its just as it is... Had checked with a couple of other Carens owner... RM100 ron 95 can give around 180km for town driving. Personally, if its consuming that much of fuel, it is ok if it got power... But too bad it doesnt.

I dont see any issue on the electrical. Since im not going to change the body and dashboard wiring. Gonna take the engine wiring, which minus of some features, to get it started and going... Just a few tweaks of wiring. Mainly for the ignition switch and fuel pump. Worse case... A standalone will do...
IMHO and coming from some one who did cross breed engine swap, it's advisable not to perform Mitsu engine swap to this Carens as i would predict you need to build a lot of custom parts to make it fit nicely as stock in the engine bay. Wiring is always an issue for any engine transplant, be it same breed or cross breed. Just the engine wiring is not enough, you will need BCM (for power windows, warning lights or any other crap) and TCU (if its not integrated into the ECU).

Personally i will not do it if myself isn't knowledgable enough to know of the issues and knowing someone i REALLY trust to perform the swap.

Thanks,
Ken

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
some random feasibility questions....
1)how much are you expecting the gsr to cost (lets say all in, inc workmanship)
2)how much do you think the super charger install will cost (all in, not just the sc itself)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If only I got the cash to change the cars instead of modding it

Im not into really heavy upgrade for the spectra. Just need a bit push for the pick up. I would have opted turbocharging it... Running a small turbine setup, but since the exhaust side is at the firewall, not much room to make for the turbo. Internally i dont plan to change anything, just to hook up the supercharger.
If you really count carefully in detail, such modding cost might end up higher than the delta of trading off your cars to other more suitable cars. For example adding a custom SC kit into your Spectra could easily reach 10k even when already be very judicial in choosing the parts including most used items. Not to mention additional risks if blowing up your engine and transmission if not done well. Just too much hassle for such cars to be frank. How much would your cars fetch if sold btw?

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
2)how much do you think the super charger install will cost (all in, not just the sc itself)

recently i also search for 4G93 easily RM8k. if the GSR-T will be easily RM10-12k. Transplant workmanship will be 4-5k. That doesn't include all the other misc like parts.

standby 30k for this kind of project... it is going to be a price for some other car

Reactions: 6UE5t and drill

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
recently i also search for 4G93 easily RM8k. if the GSR-T will be easily RM10-12k. Transplant workmanship will be 4-5k. That doesn't include all the other misc like parts.

standby 30k for this kind of project... it is going to be a price for some other car
yep... frankly speaking, i did the math, and for the most part unless theres a very special/specific reason why he wants to shove it into HIS car specifically, its financially more viable to
just buy another car with the engine in it.

what i wana figure out is exactly what how much research ts has done at this point, whats his budget and what he expects to achieve with said budget...

Reactions: drill

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Yup.. if its a direct swap, it shud be easy. Too bad it's not... GSR coz roadtax is cheaper and yes, mine is the 1.8 Carens 1. The one before citra.
iinm, all 4 mounts confirm different. crossmember is different, subframe also different. need to fabricate custom mounts so that no modification is done at the engine bay. i have a 2.0 citra. had considered swapping the engine but after done some research, not worth it.

my advice, trade in the carens for an airtrek. hahaha

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
yep... frankly speaking, i did the math, and for the most part unless theres a very special/specific reason why he wants to shove it into HIS car specifically, its financially more viable to
just buy another car with the engine in it.

what i wana figure out is exactly what how much research ts has done at this point, whats his budget and what he expects to achieve with said budget...
engine price complete with dashboard & wiring (you will definitely need the dashboard and wirings) is around RM5k for the gsr. non turbo is around RM3k++. swap labor most probably around RM1.5k-2k not including the custom mounts. i think definitely gonna hit RM10k-12k easily.

Reactions: minibeany and drill

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Hahaha... Glad with all the infos... With the estimated pricing. Really appreciate it.

Well, frankly speaking that is one of the choice.... Haven't really decide yet... But mitsubishi it is... To be honest, i would really love to get an airtrek engine... But i might go down to a 4g93 single cam from a CK or similar...
Why not just sell... Well... I just made a stupid vow to myself... Not to change car within this 2 years... Coz the past 2 years... Just sold of estima, then took a perdana with rvr turbo then spectra 5 and mazda etude. Oh ya and a celica. Carens just recently bought and i am really disappointed with the fc. Really bad choice did i do... Regrets...

For the spectra 5, it is good. My wife really love it( did think of selling it off, but she refused.) This car fc is good.. a tank of 40 liter can go until 600km... Its just that, really lack of power. That's why i just want just a little bit push only...

But then again... Starting this thread is more of finding those kind of workshop. I know they exist... But where... Used to know a few in Melaka and Selangor. But some of them close, due to owner pass away... Some change place but I don't know where... some... I dare not to go anymore... Coz... The price went sky high after they got reputation...

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
engine price complete with dashboard & wiring (you will definitely need the dashboard and wirings) is around RM5k for the gsr. non turbo is around RM3k++. swap labor most probably around RM1.5k-2k not including the custom mounts. i think definitely gonna hit RM10k-12k easily.
i was on the lookout for 4g63t's recently (93 priced quite similar).... they aint that cheap.

the airtrek 1/2 cut was probably the most affordable variant (for its age) i could find...

Reactions: drill and sanekit

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
i was on the lookout for 4g63t's recently (93 priced quite similar).... they aint that cheap.

the airtrek 1/2 cut was probably the most affordable variant (for its age) i could find...
if buy separately/barai maybe can get within 5k as stated by @sanekit , but the money spent to start the engine is pretty close to get complete halfcut.
Lego part joint together still no start, more money babeh...lol.
For TS if time not your obstacle , slowly search for halfcut. On the spot can test.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha... Glad with all the infos... With the estimated pricing. Really appreciate it.

Well, frankly speaking that is one of the choice.... Haven't really decide yet... But mitsubishi it is... To be honest, i would really love to get an airtrek engine... But i might go down to a 4g93 single cam from a CK or similar...
Why not just sell... Well... I just made a stupid vow to myself... Not to change car within this 2 years... Coz the past 2 years... Just sold of estima, then took a perdana with rvr turbo then spectra 5 and mazda etude. Oh ya and a celica. Carens just recently bought and i am really disappointed with the fc. Really bad choice did i do... Regrets...

For the spectra 5, it is good. My wife really love it( did think of selling it off, but she refused.) This car fc is good.. a tank of 40 liter can go until 600km... Its just that, really lack of power. That's why i just want just a little bit push only...

But then again... Starting this thread is more of finding those kind of workshop. I know they exist... But where... Used to know a few in Melaka and Selangor. But some of them close, due to owner pass away... Some change place but I don't know where... some... I dare not to go anymore... Coz... The price went sky high after they got reputation...
i might be able to recommend 1 or 2 workshops but i can't confirm if they want to do it or not. i can PM you their contacts and you can ask them directly. but for these kind of swap, don't expect your car to be ready in a month.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
i might be able to recommend 1 or 2 workshops but i can't confirm if they want to do it or not. i can PM you their contacts and you can ask them directly. but for these kind of swap, don't expect your car to be ready in a month.
Yes... Pls do pm me. No harm on surveying right?

Yup... Noted on the duration. Last mod i had on my mazda mx3 putting in a mazda engine from totally different chassis, took about 1 year. Manage to get the mounting fix, but had to abandon coz the engine is too high... Had to jacked up the bonnet about 2 inch just to get good ground clearance.

Reactions: sanekit

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
wahh engine popping out the hood, cg mesti lari....
but not an issue, potong hood, let it stick out!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah, was about to ask this also. Even turbo kit from speedworks, cheapest around RM8k, not including workmanship and other mods.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I'll be bringing my mk3 Toyota Supra with a 1JZ twin-turbo engine with me to Malaysia soon.

And I was wondering where would be a good place to take my car if it needed a service. Are there any places who specialize in Toyota engines, specifically the 1JZ? I'll be living in Penang, so I don't really want to travel to KL every time I want to get my engine looked at.

Well hope you guys can help.

Cheers,
OzXchange
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience