JB-JL vs JB-DET

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Gt_Cuore

Mar 19, 2009
can anyone tell me the difference between these engines. I know the DET is the upgrade but what exactly got upgraded ? Any assist is a plus thanx in advance.

Gt_Cuore

Mar 19, 2009
the JB-JL is a water cooling serial 4 cylinder DOHC16 valve IC turbo also. the DET also has a bit more torque what else is different.

Gt_Cuore

Mar 19, 2009
Here is what Im talking. I can even tell if this the JB-JL or JB-DET. The engine came in the Mira Avante i want to do a conversion from my 850 carby engine. Anyone has any info

Attachments

fadlie

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
JB-JL come from L500 chasis, which is easy to found in manual tranny...and also easier to fit into kancil....JB-DET formerly known comes from L900=kenari chasis (not sure if available in manual tranny).

JB-DET comes with wider I/C, bigger turbo compressor inlet and if not mistaken this engine run with individual electronic coil.

:smokin:

Bump: my engine bay with JB-JL taken out from L512 halfcut...

Bump: my engine bay with JB-JL taken out from L512 halfcut...

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've installed pivot ignition earth on my toyota wish two weeks ago. The torque has improved but my FC seems to have dropped. Was quite disappointed as I installed this more for the FC improvement. I also noticed that the effect on city driving is more. Anyone facing the same problem? Is this expected? I'm contemplating to uninstall the cable. Comment?

:mad:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience